PDA

View Full Version : Things I Hate About February...

Lavern08
02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Groundhog Day (nuff said) :Shrug:

Next?

scarletpeaches
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Valentine's Day.

Seams
02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
any month with 28 days only, is okay by me.

what do i hate about it? when it has 29 days.

Rarri
02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Valentine's Day. Definitely.

DeleyanLee
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I have to pay as much for the Feb bus pass that I pay for any other (longer) month bus pass.

sadron
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Umm I don't hate it for any reason. :)

ad_lucem
02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
My grandmother's birthday (tomorrow). The annual awkwardness of trying to wish her well while not involving myself in a conversation with my mother (who doesn't let her get on the phone w/o her..always speaker phone...gawd, I hate speaker phones).

They called here last week and they were both talking at the same time. My mom freaking out about my grandmother and my grandmother saying that my mom had "gone wild" and "she's hitting me". My mom, for her part, was saying that my grandmother was throwing her shoes at her.

Finally, I couldn't understand what they were saying for all the ruckus. I told them I love them both, but I can't do this and hung up.

I didn't get involved with calling the police for my grandmother or anything else, because I've been down that road before. By the time anyone got there they'd both say everything was peachy and I'd look like a nut.

So, I'll probably send a card or something that will get tossed before she even sees it.

That's the worst part of February, every year.

Synonym
02-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I used to have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day in grade school. Picking out the best box of 'cool' valentines that we could afford. Agonizing over which to give to each person in the class. Sweating over giving that extra-special one to the boy I had a crush on. Knowing that the girls would notice who got the 'special' card but the boy wouldn't even have a clue. Gah! The things we manage to work ourselves into a frazzle over. :)

J. Koyanagi
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't mind February. Neither my husband nor I are really that into holidays, so there's no Valentine's Day pressure. :D

L.J.
02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
In February, I can actually start thinking spring is out there somewhere on the horizon, and it's a short month at that, so I don't hate February. Spring has Sprung! (soon)

Alpha Echo
02-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Definitely Ground Hog's Day.

But I actually have something to look forward to this month. :)

Alpha Echo
02-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Umm I don't hate it for any reason. :)

I really don't either, but I wanted to fit in. lol

CACTUSWENDY
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I have no problem with Feb. Since it is a short month it means I might get to start next month with some extra bucks in my account.

Shadow_Ferret
02-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Why would you hate it for Ground Hog's Day? GHD is just a signal that we're at about the halfway point of winter and soon it will be over. To me it's a day to anticipate and celebrate, not hate.

Embrace GHD.

stormie
02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I have to get my tax stuff together.

Synonym
02-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh, yeah. Taxes. Baaad time of the year. Scrambling for receipts, all that stuff you put away so you could find it later. :tongue

Mela
02-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Funny you should ask. Got the below sent to me at work from AccuWeather:

Coming back from the coldest weekend felt this winter from Boston to Washington, D.C., February temperatures will continue to plummet for much of the heaviest energy-demanding U.S. regions.

"The current pattern will produce a top-ten cold February, not seen in the last 50 years," said AccuWeather.com Expert Senior Meteorologist and Long-Range Forecaster Joe Bastardi. "There is potential for the cold to become even more extreme."

Crude oil prices are holding at $73 per barrel today, after three weeks of falling prices, and a January thaw that brought a warming trend to the Midwest and northeastern U.S.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists believe the thaw is over for now, with the core of winter charging forward.

"I believe the physical drivers are all there for a major cold month, much like this December was," said Bastardi.

Cella
02-02-2010, 12:18 AM
everything.

stormie
02-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Funny you should ask. Got the below sent to me at work from AccuWeather:

Coming back from the coldest weekend felt this winter from Boston to Washington, D.C., February temperatures will continue to plummet for much of the heaviest energy-demanding U.S. regions.

I think I'm going to retreat under my quilt and stay there until March.

Snowstorm
02-02-2010, 12:28 AM
We're that much closer to the end of snow season. (As bad as this winter has been, I think snow season ended in October.)

the addster
02-02-2010, 12:32 AM
February is the wimpiest month of the year. It's short. It's not as mean as January. It doesn't have mascots like March. It's the month everybody wants to beat up.

And it whines about it.

Mela
02-02-2010, 01:01 AM
I think I'm going to retreat under my quilt and stay there until March.

Just wanted to spread the joy, stormie!

Lavern08
02-02-2010, 07:29 PM
February is the wimpiest month of the year. It's short. It's not as mean as January. It doesn't have mascots like March. It's the month everybody wants to beat up.

And it whines about it.

Brilliant - I think I love you! :Hug2:

{Although I do believe Cupid is its mascot} ;)

the addster
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
That is only because Cupid couldn't get a gig in June.

Lavern08
02-04-2010, 01:57 AM
...I also hate those Pajama Gram commercials you hear on the radio from January 31st until February 13th!!! :rant:

JLCwrites
02-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Love February. I give Valentine gifts to my kids. (Hubby and I don't need them) Then my youngest child and I have back to back birthdays at the end of the month. :D

Synonym
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Hate the weather. I'm ready for spring. Bring it!!!

mario_c
02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Hate St. Valentine's Day. Notice how festive I'm being about it...;)
Don't care about Groundhog's Day at all. What, a bunch of people want to see a gopher come out of the ground and look confused? Fine, I don't care.
And I've groaned about my skiing misadventures earlier in the forums. Hell yeah, I'm going back for more. Not right now. :ROFL:
But I love February. Why? 'Cause it's MARDI GRAS, BABY!!! It's like Spring Break for grownups, New Years for jazz fans. And nothing chases winter blues away like brightly colored drinks. :)