PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for naming a YA critique group?

AngelicaRJackson
01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Do any other writers suffer from that malady that strikes when faced with a blank greeting card? When you know you are expected to jot down something witty and classic, but when you search your mind all you encounter is a barren desert with a few blowing tumbleweeds?

I've discovered that I'm susceptible to this disease when it comes to naming a critique group, also. There are 5 of us (4 women, 1 man) that have been meeting for a few months now, and we wanted to take the official step of naming our group. So far, all of my ideas are trite and lame.

Anybody have any fun suggestions that we can borrow/steal outright? No pressure.

We all write fantasy and speculative fiction, and some write picture books and are artists too.

smcc360
02-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Youth In Rewrite?
Meddling Kids?
Four Gals and Their Pal?
Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda, and Castle?
Write Club (You Do Not Talk About Write Club)?

AngelicaRJackson
02-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Wow, lots of views, and one actual response! Thanks, smcc360, for your fun suggestions.

I thought of Fantasy Ink and then decided it sounded like a tattoo parlor.

Mr Flibble
02-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I thought of Fantasy Ink and then decided it sounded like a tattoo parlor.

I'm not surprised - it is a tattoo parlour not too far away from me :D

I vote for Meddling Kids or Write Club. Or.... oh.. actually it's quite tough, isn't it?

Through the Looking Glass
Don't go in the Wardrobe!
Anyone but Harry

quickWit
02-02-2010, 12:54 AM
L'il Critters.

Aww...sore adorable! :D

AngelicaRJackson
02-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Maybe I should clarify that we are all adults in the group, we just write YA fantasy. Despite my youthful picture, I am 38, but yes I still get carded. It's a blessing and a curse . . .:D

And I just got the Lil' Critters one, thanks Quickwit. I am apparently operating on DelayedWit today.

Rowan
02-02-2010, 04:15 AM
I vote for "Write Club"... and of course you can't talk about it (Rule #1 and #2). :)