Reaction score
Mmmmm, David... :e2cloud9:

I'm off in happyland. You lot carry on without me. :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He may actually have won my heart as the best doctor now. It previously was held by Tom Baker. I don't know. It is a close call for me. But, he is a lot cuter. Of that there is no denying. :D

I watched an interview where David was explaining why he had decided to leave the show. He said that right now doing the show was exciting and fun. He didn't want to stay until it became just "work". I wish he would have rode the excitement and fun a little bit longer. I didn't want him to go either. He was absolutely brilliant. And, easy on the eyes. That can't be said of the actor replacing him.

No, he has stolen my heart. David is number one in my doctor gauge. Tom has moved down to number two. Sorry Tom.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
David is number one in my doctor gauge.

I think I might just buy the Tennet seasons and skip watching anything new. *sniff* What I liked most about David is that it just didn't matter what wardrobe he was in, he always looked like a boy in adult clothes!

-and I mean that in most adorable way! =)

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Tom Baker was a great doctor.

David Tennant was a great doctor... and cute.

Hmmm.

Am I deciding positions on my doctor scale on mere shallow criteria like that?

ETA:
David+Tennant1.jpg

ETA2:
Mmmmm, David... :e2cloud9:

I'm off in happyland. You lot carry on without me. :D

:D

Last edited:

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I have seen only one ep with him, "Rose" and it was nice. He's leaving? Nooo!

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
The doctor seems to just keep getting younger and cuter. I still remember John Pertwee's Doctor Who. Yes, I am old.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
The doctor seems to just keep getting younger and cuter.

And the problem with that is...? ;)

The new one's too young for me. David's not as young as he looks - 35 or 36 I think.

ETA: All hail IMDB! He's 38.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Tom Baker was a great doctor.

David Tennant was a great doctor... and cute.

Hmmm.

Am I deciding positions on my doctor scale on mere shallow criteria like that?

ETA:
David+Tennant1.jpg

ETA2:

:D

mmmmmmmmmmm eye-candy.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Um... did anyone see his Hamlet? On stage, tv or dvd?

Ciera_

David Tennant's 39 or 40 now, actually. Yeah, the thing with him is that he's cute, young, fit, but with old, wise eyes.
Sadron, I have to comment on your perplexing misunderstanding: "Rose" is the very first episode of the new series of Doctor Who, and it starred Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor. He was absolutely amazing as well, I hope we're not forgetting.

Here's the thing, guys. Remember the end of season one? You LOVED Eccleston, I bet (I did.) He was a god to me. (I'd not watched the original series, so my first taste of Doctor Who was with him.) And then he vanishes, replaced by this pretty new fellow!
Like Rose, we were a little wary. Right? RIGHT? Admit it. In those last twenty seconds of The Parting of the Ways, you hated the bastard who dared kick Eccleston out.
I think some people were thinking that they would never like the show again, never watch it again, The Doctor's not supposed to be so pretty, he doesn't know what he's doing . . .

Matt Smith will surprise us. Have faith.

(For the record, I do think Smith is rather easy on the eyes as well. He has quite the frightening chin (but when you're The Doctor, it's easy to overlook things like that and crush on him anyway, *cough*Eccleston'sCrazyEars*cough*), but nice eyes. He's so FRESH. The actual character, the Doctor that Tennant was playing, was tired and disillusioned and heartbroken and afraid and in the end, a wee bit selfish, even cowardly (when it came to the matter of his own death, which was understandable and added to the depth of the character)
Smith's Doctor is young and naive and untouched by all the crappy aspects of The Doctor's existence.
I think it's a beautiful thing.
They haven't cast a terrible Doctor yet, have they? (Not that I'd know, really)
Plus, Steven Moffat, you guys! Freaking STEVEN MOFFAT. The guy behind The empty Child, Blink, and The Girl in the Fireplace. Those are three of my favourites!

Okay. I'm rambling now. In summary, please don't stop watching, please give the poor lad a chance.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
David Tennant's 39 or 40 now, actually. Yeah, the thing with him is that he's cute, young, fit, but with old, wise eyes.

-yep

you hated the bastard who dared kick Eccleston out.

-nope

The Doctor's not supposed to be so pretty, he doesn't know what he's doing . . .

-that wide-eyed innocent look really worked for me.

the Doctor that Tennant was playing, was tired

-uh huh

and disillusioned

-uh huh

and heartbroken

-uh huh

and afraid and in the end,

-uh huh

a wee bit selfish,

-uh huh

even cowardly

-uh huh

I'm sorry, what were you saying again?

I kinda lost track there...

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I think the new boy will do just fine. (And I've met him in real life, ha, ha, die with envy, ye serfs!). I think they are very very careful in their casting. Anyone can make a mistake, I suppose, but I doubt they have this time.

Excited. Looking forward to it. Still preferred Chris E., but looking forward to Matt all the same.

Ciera_

Assauer, I'm not really sure what I was saying. I spent a solid week mourning near the beginning of January, now it's time to move on.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
The finance manager at my work knows David's dad and he won't set me up with David.

How mean is that?! ;)

Ciera_

Fran - he will burn in the worst level of hell for this, so have compassion for him now.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Assauer, I'm not really sure what I was saying. I spent a solid week mourning near the beginning of January, now it's time to move on.
For me, it is not a matter of moving on or not giving the new doctor a chance or not watching Dr Who because David has left. As long as they keep making Dr. Who I will keep watching Dr. Who. Absolutely love that show. For me, it is a matter of the genius that is David Tennant and what he brought to the role of Dr. Who. A brilliant Shakespearean actor and he played the Doctor. Hard act to follow. Very hard. I wouldn't want to be the new guy having to follow him. I enjoyed the actor previous to David Tennant. I thought his portrayal of the Dr. was excellent. Not quite as good as Tom Baker, but I liked him a lot. Then, David Tennant took over. And he wow'd me. I never expected to like any portrayal of the Doctor as much as Tom Baker's portrayal. The only thing David was missing was the scarf. :D

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Um... did anyone see his Hamlet? On stage, tv or dvd?

TV and DVD. Three times so far. The Tennant/Stewart Hamlet was the best programme I've seen in months.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
For me, it is not a matter of moving on or not giving the new doctor a chance or not watching Dr Who because David has left. As long as they keep making Dr. Who I will keep watching Dr. Who.

As they said in the End of Time: "This song is ending. The story never ends." Let's hope so. :)

You hear complaints all the time about BBC, but this show is a testament to the value of it. What commercial network would have kept a series like this going for so long, through bad ratings and bad reviews, as well as through high ratings and praise. :)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
You hear complaints all the time about BBC, but this show is a testament to the value of it. What commercial network would have kept a series like this going for so long, through bad ratings and bad reviews, as well as through high ratings and praise. :)

They didn't. The BBC cancelled Doctor Who back in the eighties. Michael Grade thought it was utter shite and killed it. It was relaunched years later.