PDA

View Full Version : Asperger Quiz

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

I thought this was interesting. Like gender-traits, we all have some neurotypical and autistic traits. Some are more obvious than others and no one is 100% normal (whatever that word means on closer examination).

As a bona fide introvert, I wasn't surprised at my results:

103 out of 200 (98 to 200 being the non-autistic range) with particularly high aspie scores in the social and intellectual areas.

So, I thought it would be fun to share and see how others faired. :)

Wicked
01-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Your Aspie score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 67 of 200
You are very likely an AspieSomehow I am not really surprised by this. *shrug*

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I got a 91 out of 200. My highest thing was hunting. I'm not really sure what that means, lol.

aadams73
01-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Unsurprising:

Your Aspie score: 22 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 185 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

Communication, perception and hunting were my highest thingys, too. Whatever it is those thingys mean.

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Right folks, I'm going in. I expect it'll tell me I'm just an anti-social cow.

aadams73
01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Moo. :D

mscelina
01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Your Aspie score: 42 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 174 of 200

I scored really high on hunting, perception, talent (?), communication and social.

Apparently, I'm very extroverted. Who'd have thunk it? But I'd love to give this test to my son in law. It might explain a lot.

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought it would explain a lot for me too. I answered positively to a lot of the questions, but I still only got a 91/200, and it said I was most probably neurotypical. I'm not sure what the "strengths" things mean, and it doesn't give any links to figure them out. They should have included some sort of guide to reading that chart.

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 09:26 PM
I got a 91 out of 200. My highest thing was hunting. I'm not really sure what that means, lol.

Depends which side the "hunting" was on. I saved the PDF and it says this:

Neurotypical hunting: The traits in this group are related to cooperative hunting. These traits are often described in terms of dysfunctions. Typical traits are recollections of environmental information (e.g. positions of things; scores on games; orders of words, letter and digits; map reading) and passing on information to others. Other traits are related to trading and exchange with others. A low score is related to dyslexia or dyscalculia.

As for perception, this has to do with the way in which your brain interprets and interacts with the physical world--your senses, your coordination, etc. Some people are more sensitive to environmental stimuli than others (i.e. noises, lights, etc)...some people are more coordinated than others (gross/fine motors...some are artists some are atheletes and some are a danger to themselves and others out of sheer clumsiness :) ).

I'm good with artistic endeavors (fine motor), but could possibly harm myself in sports (my gross motor skills, suck).

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 09:27 PM
I thought it would explain a lot for me too. I answered positively to a lot of the questions, but I still only got a 91/200, and it said I was most probably neurotypical. I'm not sure what the "strengths" things mean, and it doesn't give any links to figure them out. They should have included some sort of guide to reading that chart.

If you go back to the site and download the PDF it gives a lot more information/explanation. But, it only saves your info for an hour, so you'll have to redo it if you go over that :)

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
What the fuck is this?
Do you tend to look a lot at people you like and little or not at all at people you dislike?Why no, I prefer to look at ugly people; what do you think?

*sigh*

The test's slanted.
Are your views typical of your peer group?Well duh. If I disagree with someone, why would I make myself their peer?
Are your eyes extra sensitive to stong light and glare?Why yes. Because I get migraines.
Do you have strong attachments to certain favorite objects?Why, yes! Because they're my favourite objects.

Your Aspie score: 90 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 147 of 200

Yay! A maximum break at snooker. :D

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
That's also if you register or whatever. If you just go right to the test, you can't go back if you close the window.

Wicked
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
So apparently I'm the antisocial cow of the group.

I have a sudden craving for alfalfa . . .

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 09:31 PM
What the fuck is this?Why no, I prefer to look at ugly people; what do you think?

*sigh*

The test's slanted.Well duh. If I disagree with someone, why would I make myself their peer?Why yes. Because I get migraines.Why, yes! Because they're my favourite objects.

:roll:

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 09:33 PM
What the fuck is this?Why no, I prefer to look at ugly people; what do you think?

*sigh*

The test's slanted.Well duh. If I disagree with someone, why would I make myself their peer?Why yes. Because I get migraines.Why, yes! Because they're my favourite objects.

You're misunderstanding the questions. It's not asking if you only look at people you like. It's asking if you stare at people you like and try to avoid looking at people you don't. It has nothing to do with looks or physical attractiveness.

I'm not sure why the sensitivity to light question is slanted. Some people are hypersensitive to light (like me), and others aren't (like my girlfriend).

As far as the attachment thing goes, I assumed it meant like the way the woman felt about the Eiffel Tower when she married it.

veinglory
01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Is there a reason to think this quizz is in any way valid?

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
veinglory. Please.

It's on the internets. Of course it's valid.

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 09:35 PM
So apparently I'm the antisocial cow of the group.

I have a sudden craving for alfalfa . . .

No, I scored pretty high on the social traits of Asperger syndrome and was about half n' half (but I've been diagnosed with social phobia and I'm an introvert--so no shock there). So, moo to you. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being ASD (not that I think this test serves as a great diagnostic tool--just for fun) many if not most are talented/interesting people. It's just one more way of being and experiencing the world.

:D

Tis' all good...

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 09:37 PM
You're misunderstanding the questions. It's not asking if you only look at people you like. It's asking if you stare at people you like and try to avoid looking at people you don't. It has nothing to do with looks or physical attractiveness.No, it's asking if you look at people you like. The word 'stare' wasn't mentioned.
I'm not sure why the sensitivity to light question is slanted. Some people are hypersensitive to light (like me), and others aren't (like my girlfriend).Never said it was. I was referring to the point about disagreement and peers.
As far as the attachment thing goes, I assumed it meant like the way the woman felt about the Eiffel Tower when she married it.Oh shut up. I don't have time for this nonsense. I'm too busy getting ready for my date with a pavement slab.

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
No, it's asking if you look at people you like. The word 'stare' wasn't mentioned.

It says look a LOT at people you like. That implies staring.

Never said it was. I was referring to the point about disagreement and peers.

You said it was slanted and then listed a bunch of questions. It's usually pretty safe to assume that the examples that follow a statement are evidence for said statement. *shrug*

Oh shut up. I don't have time for this nonsense. I'm too busy getting ready for my date with a pavement slab.

Does he have a sister?

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
It's a girl paving slab.

She has a cousin who's a housebrick.

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
veinglory. Please.

It's on the internets. Of course it's valid.

Yes, the existence of any item on the interwebs is proof of its validity. Surely, nothing could exist here if completely untrue. The same goes for local news reporting and reality tv (hey, it has reality in the title even) on television. The magic box cannot lie!

Don't believe me? Check wikipedia!

See...the internet is full of wonderful facts:

http://www.davidicke.com/index.php/

//sarcasm

:D

Cassiopeia
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Your Aspie score: 59 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 156 of 200

So what is neurotypical...I'm normal? And if so, by whose standards?

Alpha Echo
01-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I was doing it then accidentily closed the window (I'm at work), and now I can't get back in. :( I have no idea what my userid and password would be and no way of finding out..weird.

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Your Aspie score: 59 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 156 of 200

So what is neurotypical...I'm normal? And if so, by whose standards?

Nah, it just means boring.

j/k :tongue

Neurotypical just means having more neurological development traits (particularly as they relate to social aspects of learning/development) that are witnessed in a larger percentage of the population. Being neurotypical has nothing to do with being normal. There are plenty of odd neurotypical people out there in the world today :D

Cassiopeia
01-29-2010, 10:23 PM
oh good, cos I'd rather not be normal by societal standards. :D

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't think you've got any worries there. :D

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
oh good, cos I'd rather not be normal by societal standards. :D

Ditto that and...shudder the thought. I'd love to find a place to "fit in" to some extent, but never at the expense of becoming "normal". That's just too scary a concept.

Normal...

ew.

Millicent M'Lady
01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1=38&p2=14&p3=21&p4=45&p5=45&p6=9&p7=23&p8=8&p9=14&p10=9&p11=28&p12=18

I have no idea what any of this means! :D

scarletpeaches
01-29-2010, 10:37 PM
It means you're a space cadet.

Williebee
01-29-2010, 10:38 PM
75 out of 200
"neurotypical"

woo hoo fooled another one. :)

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1=38&p2=14&p3=21&p4=45&p5=45&p6=9&p7=23&p8=8&p9=14&p10=9&p11=28&p12=18

I have no idea what any of this means! :D

Shortly, some men in white coats, carrying nets will ring your door bell. Don't be alarmed, though. They are trained professionals with your best interest in mind.

Ambrosia
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Your Aspie score: 62 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 158 of 200

Millicent M'Lady
01-29-2010, 10:42 PM
It means you're a space cadet.

Pfft, I already knew that!

Shortly, some men in white coats, carrying nets will ring your door bell. Don't be alarmed, though. They are trained professionals with your best interest in mind.

Again? I'm just done burying the last lot.

sadron
01-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Your Aspie score: 45 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 140 of 200

aa whut?

Wicked
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Oh, great. I'm surrounded by "normal" people. :rolleyes: :tongue Whatever happened to, "writers are all crazy"?
I'm going back to the spider forums so I can blend in. :e2tongue:

Actually, I think I'm going to post this quiz over there. Now I'm curious. LOL

sadron
01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
it must be wrong, I'm told to be odd and weird.

Millicent M'Lady
01-29-2010, 10:48 PM
it must be wrong, I'm told to be odd and weird.

Yeah, it said I was neurotypical (167 out of 200) and only 49 out of 200 on the Aspie scale but others have begged to differ.:D

Sage
01-29-2010, 10:51 PM
My scores were 90 and 95. It told me I had asperger and neurotypical tendencies or something (I did it earlier today and didn't record it)

ad_lucem
01-29-2010, 10:59 PM
My scores were 90 and 95. It told me I had asperger and neurotypical tendencies or something (I did it earlier today and didn't record it)

Me too. I didn't get a free pass to either the Aspie or NT camps, either!

And again, being neurotypical, for those discouraged by the moniker...doesn't mean you can't still be certifiably batshit crazy (so don't despair, there's still hope--the DSMIV is filled with all sorts of disorders that would be perfect for writers and other creative types) :) ASD is just a different way of experiencing the world and nothing to do with being nuts.

http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_weird_or_just_different.html

Ellefire
01-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Aspie score 142/ 200
Neurotypical score 85/ 200

Whilst I'm not going to self-diagnose on the basis on an interwebs test, I do know I am not neurotypical. I have suggested to my GP on more than one occasion that I believe I have ADD (unfortunately without the hyperactivity, I'm a lazy moo). The really unfortunate thing is, my daughter is the same.

I prefer the term 'odd' :D

EFCollins
01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Your Aspie score: 113 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 80 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

?? Okay. The details give me scores correlating with indicators of social disorder and bipolar disorder.

This is nothing new. I am bipolar. Many with bipolar disorder are socially challenged.

aadams73
01-29-2010, 11:55 PM
It scares me how normal I am compared to the rest of you. Which means, here I'm abnormal...

Quick, someone tell me what to do to fit in!

kayleamay
01-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Your Aspie score: 36 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 182 of 200

My highest scores were in communication, hunting, talent and perception. What the hell does that mean?

*rocks back and forth, biting tongue while staring at a picture of Ryan Reynolds*

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Your Aspie score: 113 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 80 of 200

?? Okay. The details give me scores correlating with indicators of social disorder and bipolar disorder.

This is nothing new. I am bipolar. Many with bipolar disorder are socially challenged.

Why were you expecting an interblag quiz to tell you something new if you are already diagnosed as bipolar?

EFCollins
01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
I think quizzes such as these are a crock. They're amusing for a few minutes, but really what it comes down to is that every person varies in the different areas of life. Things like this just give people reasons to self diagnose. I take 'em all with a grain of salt. They're amusing to do, but you know.

To semi: I didn't. I just did the quiz cause it's here. :D

semilargeintestine
01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Your Aspie score: 36 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 182 of 200

My highest scores were in communication, hunting, talent and perception. What the hell does that mean?

*rocks back and forth, biting tongue while staring at a picture of Ryan Reynolds*

It means you scored well in what people with Asperger's typically view as being normal traits in neurotypical people. Hunting is being able to do group tasks like passing information, etc. Perception is being able to discern things the way the rest of society does. They're all social skills.

kayleamay
01-30-2010, 12:02 AM
It means you scored well in what people with Asperger's typically view as being normal traits in neurotypical people. Hunting is being able to do group tasks like passing information, etc. Perception is being able to discern things the way the rest of society does. They're all social skills.

So I'z got skillz?

backslashbaby
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Your Aspie score: 65 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 157 of 200

What's the difference in Aspie perception and Neurotypical perception? I'm more Aspie than Neuro there. Otherwise, everything seemed to make sense.

There were quite a few on there that migraineurs might not like while peple without migraines might not notice, btw. I have a lot of sound and light issues, really. Maybe that's on the perception scale?

ad_lucem
01-30-2010, 12:09 AM

Just jumping in to add, Google "famous people with asperger's" (note: asperger's syndrome was not identified until the 1990's) for a list of people suspected of having ASD traits. It's quite a distinguished list (as is the list for bipolar disorder).

Many ASD kids develop hyperlexia (early reading). They're smarties. One boy I worked with was just 2 and reading. ASD isn't so much a case, again, of being "abnormal" as it is experiencing the world differently. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Now, of course, we all need some social skills to get along in life, but having great social awareness isn't the be-all-end-all.

And I'm trying not to sound biased in saying that, as I'm horribly socially phobic and terrible w/ social manuvering. Hate it as a matter of fact (not people, the manuvering).

kayleamay
01-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Your Aspie score: 65 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 157 of 200

What's the difference in Aspie perception and Neurotypical perception? I'm more Aspie than Neuro there. Otherwise, everything seemed to make sense.

There were quite a few on there that migraineurs might not like while peple without migraines might not notice, btw. I have a lot of sound and light issues, really. Maybe that's on the perception scale?

I had to mark a big YES in the light sensitive department too. Bright light gives me headaches. There were also some instances were my occupation swayed my answers, because sometimes I'm required to be more interested than I would normally, because it's my job to do so.

ad_lucem
01-30-2010, 12:18 AM
I had to mark a big YES in the light sensitive department too. Bright light gives me headaches. There were also some instances were my occupation swayed my answers, because sometimes I'm required to be more interested than I would normally, because it's my job to do so.

I've always had trouble with fluorescent lighting, myself. My husband thinks I'm nuts (well, I am kinda) but I notice the cycling. Light's a big pita for me. But, I have occular migraines, too. Probably related, I'd imagine.

backslashbaby
01-30-2010, 12:21 AM
I've always had trouble with fluorescent lighting, myself. My husband thinks I'm nuts (well, I am kinda) but I notice the cycling. Light's a big pita for me. But, I have occular migraines, too. Probably related, I'd imagine.

I can see the flickering and it triggers migaines. I have an issue with refresh rates on PCs, too. They tested it, and I can see refresh rates humans aren't supposed to notice. Definitely a neurological thang there.

WildScribe
01-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Your Aspie score: 108 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 128 of 200

Not surprising, but then, I am pretty convinced that I have at least a mild form of Aspergers. Some of the things on the quiz startled me, either in the "Holy cow, other people DO THAT?" category or the "Oh, come to think of it that might NOT be typical behavior" category.

Mr Flibble
01-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Your Aspie score: 105 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 109 of 200
However a lot of those could well be due to the bipolar. Cos it makes me a bit kinda odd...( ie the hyperactivity / obsessions etc)

Ken
01-30-2010, 02:05 AM
... sometimes one is better off not knowing things.
So I ain't taking teh test ;-)

BigWords
01-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Your Aspie score: 124 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1=90&p2=42&p3=83&p4=87&p5=56&p6=69&p7=43&p8=65&p9=57&p10=53&p11=42&p12=78

The pic has a lot of the covered area up near the intellectual area, so I guess that the test is a complete waste of time after all. Pfft. That's five minutes of my life I'm not going to get back...

Xelebes
01-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Is there a reason to think this quizz is in any way valid?

It's made by a Swedish psychology student as part of his PhD. The test is in the process of peer-review in hopes that it would be comparable with the Baron-Cohen's AQ test.

I am diagnosed with Asperger's and I score 130-140.

C.bronco
01-30-2010, 07:45 AM
I got 145 neurotypical.

I never expected there would be a reason for the way I am. I'm still strictly abnormal, end of story.

writerterri
01-30-2010, 10:58 AM
It said I was an assburger.

What the fedge?