Freegans

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a documentary on this a few years back. It's amazing how much stuff shops throw away.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed, with so many people in need.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
My store donates any food we pull off our shelves when we do outdates--we usually pull two months in advance so it's still good, no reason to waste it. Same thing with holiday candy and even decorations, instead of throwing it away we donate it all. I don't know if all stores do, though. Probably not since it actually requires effort. =/

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Dumpster diving is illegal here, but before it got too hairy and when I had a car, I knew when and where to get good stuff. A potato rake is a great tool. Shit, you don't even know what a potato rake is.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
We have an annual clean-up week where the city will pick up nearly anything from the curb. Probably half of it or more is picked up by other people. It's where college kids get ugly couches and mis-matched furniture.

I've put old computer equipment out and people pick it up for the parts. I talked to a guy was collecting older computer equipment to strip the gold from the contacts. He found an old Data General, rack and all. He said he made $400 the year before after paying for his gas.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score