PDA

View Full Version : Last Cartwright rides into the sunset

JoeEkaitis
01-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Pernell Roberts (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/2010-01-25-pernell-roberts_N.htm)
1928 - 2010

aadams73
01-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Ahhh, that's too bad. My mother had major love for him. She used to sing Early One Morning (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2040403/pernell_roberts_sings_early_one_morning/) to me all the time when I was a little girl.

ETA: Yes, that was Spike's trigger song for all you BtVS watchers.

bettielee
01-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Some people have imaginary friends... I had an entire cast. The cast of Bonanza. Seriously. I was in love with Little Joe and his paint pony.... we had a lot of adventures.

makes me sad....

Medievalist
01-26-2010, 09:03 AM
They still play the theme song in stores .. .

Wayne K
01-26-2010, 09:08 AM
We chased lady luck, 'til we finally struck Bonanza.
With a gun and a rope and a hat full of hope, planted a family tree. We got hold of a pot of gold, Bonanza.
With a horse and a saddle, and a range full of cattle, how rich can a fellow be?

On this land we put our brand, Cartwright is the name, fortune smiled, the day we filed the Ponderosa claim.
Here in the West, we're livin' the best, Bonanza, if anyone fights any one of us, he's go a fight with me, Bonanza.

Hoss and Joe and Adam know every rock and pine, no one works, fights, or eats, like those boys of mine. Here we stand in the middle of a grand Bonanza.
With a gun and a rope and a hatful of hope, we planted our family tree, we got hold of a potful of gold, Bonanza.

With a houseful of friends where the rainbow ends, how rich can a fellow be?
On this land we put our brand, Cartwright is the name, fortune smiled, the day we filed the Ponderosa claim. Here in the west we're livin' the best Bonanza.

With the friendliest, fightingist, loving band, that ever set foot in the promised land, and we're happier than them all.
That's why we call it Bonanza...Bonanza...Bonanza...

Wayne K
01-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I was a Hoss fan, but they all have a special place in my heart.

Starhorsepax
01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
A couple years ago I found a cool CD: Christmas on the Ponderosa. It's like listening into a christmas eve celebration with the Cartwrights. I was surprised to find everyone of them was a good singer too.
I guess in a way they'll live forever: just keep galloping across our tv screen whenever we're in the mood for a good old gallop where the good guys always win.

Wayne K
01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Rumor has it that Michael Landon should have been called horse :D