Have you noticed the change?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Bet you didn't.

The former Blogging forum is now called, Blogging and Social Networking. This is an important change since, as the description reveals, that room is now open to other forms of communication such as, "Wordpress, Moveable Type, Blogger, LiveJournal, Twitter, FaceBook, Myspace, LibraryThing, GoodReads....and on and on..."

Even though Office Party has hosted discussions of most of those mediums at one time or another, we now have a designated area to share our thoughts and views on any specific or general topic related to social networking.

Pretty cool, eh? :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
So, this social networking thing,
that's like for people with friends right?
Is that why we didn't notice?
I'm not sure. Speaking for myself, the only friends I've made in the last couple of years have come from AW social networking. Sounds sad, but it's really not, as I am much more discriminating about who (or whom?) I associate with these days.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Speaking for myself, the only friends I've made in the last couple of years have come from AW social networking. Sounds sad, but it's really not, as I am much more discriminating about who (or whom?) I associate with these days.

If you only knew our true identities. ;)

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, we're supposed to have friends outside AW??

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
So, does this mean it's now required to have accounts in those mediums?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Bet you didn't.

The former Blogging forum is now called, Blogging and Social Networking. This is an important change since, as the description reveals, that room is now open to other forms of communication such as, "Wordpress, Moveable Type, Blogger, LiveJournal, Twitter, FaceBook, Myspace, LibraryThing, GoodReads....and on and on..."

Even though Office Party has hosted discussions of most of those mediums at one time or another, we now have a designated area to share our thoughts and views on any specific or general topic related to social networking.

Pretty cool, eh? :)

hey man. are you on facebook?

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
What if we don't have any friends? Even on AW?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
No. But I've been thinking of starting a new social networking site and calling it MyFace. Has a nice ring to it, you'd have to agree.

I was considering starting one called YourFaceMyAss...but I think I'll pass. I was actually gonna use the web address www.gottamatch.com but I was afraid people would confuse it for a dating site.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, you mean you didn't get SK's "Friendship" letter where you choose what level you want per size of "contribution"? =)
No, all I got was a link to where to put my CC information for monthly recurring membership fees.