Is Peyton Manning a god?

• Total voters

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Peyton Manning is not only a GOD but he's a ROCKY TOP GOD.

Go Peyton! Go Peyton! It's your birthday! It's your birthday!

Of course, having a defense really helps too--but Garcon has had a hell of a game and Peyton...man...what can I say about Peyton? He is the man.

Only problem with him is that if he hadn't have gotten them to the point where they could kick that last field goal, I would have correctly pegged the score and won 5Gs, but I'm willing to overlook that tiny flaw.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
He's a god. Unless they pull him out of the last game where he could make a difference for a particular fantasy league...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
He's on my list. I don't know if he's a god, but I have negotiated with my husband for hookup rights should the situation ever arise.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i know all the gods and i never heard of this peyton manning girl, so i don't think she could possibly be one.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not an Indy fan, but I like Peyton. That said, I'd say he's among the top ten QB's in my life, but not the best. It's not fair to compare "best of" in sports because there are so many things to factor in.

If you go by accomplishments, he's got one ring. His brother has that many, and Peyton is a far better QB than Eli.

Joe Montana wasn't the best athlete, but as far as being a winner, the man was the best to play the position. Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton,they were all as good, but I wouldn't put them in the same class as Peyton because combined, they have no championships.

Joe has what three? With less talent. That's a god in my opinion.

ETA: It was four rings, in four tries. That's pretty godlike

Last edited:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
It's obvious this Peyton Manning person has made a dastardly pact with the devil.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I can see that. Many moons ago, I got the rights to Halle Berry for Pierce Brosnan.

Once my SO and I started the List conversation, but my guy changed his mind b/c he said that as a female, if I actually ever ran into anyone on my list, would most likely have no trouble getting him in bed. My SO, however, said that as a guy, it would never ever work with anyone that would be on his list. And he hated the thought that it even might possibly work out for me one day, so we just had sex with each other instead of continuing the conversation. ;)

As for Payton Manning...even though I'm not rooting for his team, he is pretty incredible and pretty hot.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
If he really was a "god," wouldn't he be undefeated and his enemies all smited dead with a lightning bolt? I haven't seen either.

But... he is a damned fine quarterback. A THINKING quarterback who probably wouldn't throw a key interception in the waning moments of a football game that ended up causing his team to lose.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's gone into that zone where if he has the ball and the game is on the line, the other team has to be thinking "we're completely screwed." You just can't be confident if you're the defense and Peyton is running the 2-minute drill to win the game.

That said, he's a very mortal 9-8 in the playoffs, has experienced an inordinate amount of first round exits and still needs to get a 2nd ring before he can quite get into Football Olympus. At this point though, an eventual 2nd ring for Peyton seems inevitable. From there then he's jockeying for his place in the pantheon.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
In his defense, he ran into some damn good teams.

I think he's going to pick up number two this year.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In his defense, he ran into some damn good teams.

I think he's going to pick up number two this year.

I think so too. But some of those teams weren't that good. Certainly not outright better than the Colts. They lost to a wildcard Steeler team at home. They lost last year to a 9-win San Diego team in the first round. In those years where they seemed incapable of getting past New England I'd wager the Pats were less "talented" overall. He's a phenomenal talent but up until that win against the Bears a few years ago he was the current incarnation of the "guy who can't win the big one."

I love the guy. He's phenomenally talented, seems personable and funny. I'm a huge Manning fan. Part of me wants him to win his 2nd ring, although another part would love to see New Orleans win one for the Gulf Coast. But you can't be a football "god" at quarterback unless you win multiple rings, or in rare cases unless you clearly didn't have the team around you to win it all. Peyton's had the teams and talent, they've just been stopped for one reason or another.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I think so too. But some of those teams weren't that good. Certainly not outright better than the Colts. They lost to a wildcard Steeler team at home. They lost last year to a 9-win San Diego team in the first round. In those years where they seemed incapable of getting past New England I'd wager the Pats were less "talented" overall. He's a phenomenal talent but up until that win against the Bears a few years ago he was the current incarnation of the "guy who can't win the big one."

mcnabb was kind enough to take over that role. :D

I love the guy. He's phenomenally talented, seems personable and funny. I'm a huge Manning fan. Part of me wants him to win his 2nd ring, although another part would love to see New Orleans win one for the Gulf Coast. But you can't be a football "god" at quarterback unless you win multiple rings, or in rare cases unless you clearly didn't have the team around you to win it all. Peyton's had the teams and talent, they've just been stopped for one reason or another.

agreed.
and with their defense this year,.....they really should win another.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
agreed.
and with their defense this year,.....they really should win another.

I think so too. Not only that, but I think the whole "bend don't break / live and die by turnovers" style of New Orleans defense will get exposed by Peyton. I expect a good game but I don't see New Orleans keeping up unless they make some big plays on special teams or get quite a few breaks on the turnover front...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's going to be difficult for me, because I love the precision of the Colts. They've made it difficult for me to watch ugly football (Baltimore Ravens, I'm looking at you.) And I just love Peyton Manning in general, but my heart, for this game, is likely to be with the Saints.

Technically I don't think there's much question that Indy's the better team. Hopefully I can find a way to have fun with my ambivalence that doesn't require the sacrifice of a nasty Monday morning hangover.