PDA

View Full Version : New blog - looking for input

S. M. Worth
01-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Taking any and all criticism on the layout, fonts, content, colors, etc. Can use some insight, as this is slowly becoming one more thing I can procrastinate with, lol.

veinglory
01-23-2010, 06:54 AM
I like the banner and the flexible-width design, but I would suggest nixing the bamboo pic in the background, it makes the text harder to read.

S. M. Worth
01-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Will do, I'll try to figure out how to tomorrow when I have more time. Thanks!

Lyra Jean
01-23-2010, 10:45 AM
It's very nice and the background is not too dark. But the bamboo stuff was really annoying and made it hard to read.

penny manning
01-26-2010, 12:51 AM
The banner is nice, the gray (looks gray on my computer) is soothing to the eye, only the name in white is a wee big, but at least it's eye-catching.

veinglory
01-26-2010, 01:00 AM
You need to get that bibliography done. No, really. ;)

S. M. Worth
01-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Ok figured out how to remove the bamboo from the back of the posts. Next I'll work on making my name a bit smaller, lol ;). Have to find the blank banner to redo it. Thanks for the help on this.

penny manning
01-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Next I'll work on making my name a bit smaller, lol.

Hee hee . .. Did I mention you have a great name? Very author-sounding. :Thumbs: :Thumbs:

S. M. Worth
01-30-2010, 12:20 AM
There, tell me how that looks, hopefully that brought the title and subtitle down to a non-obnoxious level. :D May have to reload the page to get it to show.

penny manning
01-30-2010, 12:56 AM
I think it looks fine! Err....what's with that "Add to Reader" button floating over your handsome banner? Can you lower it maybe down to the other three social network buttons. Although, I merely nit-picking, it's a shame to obscure the best part of the banner (the ship), don't you think?

Also, have you considered using justify to even the right paragraph margin?...Maybe try one to see if you like the post appearance better that way. I know that some people don't like it or think it's unprofessional. Me, I swear by it's neat appearance.

Any links to samples/posts of Rift Walker or Red River?

S. M. Worth
01-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for pointing out the RSS button floating over the banner. I am using a 22" widescreen monitor so the button is far right. I never took into account it floating over the banner itself on a smaller monitor.

Once I figure out how to right justify the paragraphs in Wordpress I'll see how it looks. Teaching myself as I go along.

No sample links at the moment. Maybe down the road a bit!

penny manning
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
You're welcome.

Once I figure out how to right justify the paragraphs in Wordpress I'll see how it looks.
I forgot WP doesn't have a justify--can't figure out why not.

Teaching myself as I go along.
Me too!

Here's the HTML Code I use in WP's HTML Tab:

<p style="text-align:justify;">
YOUR PARAGRAPH HERE.
</p>

If you check out my Trying To Find blog, you'll see my post paragraphs are justified.

S. M. Worth
02-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the tip! Found the spot in the stylesheet (style.css) tab of the Editor. Changing it from left to justify worked. You're right, it does look much better. :D Thanks for all the time and great input!

penny manning
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
You're welcome! And thanks for appreciating....

Blessings,

Penny

PS,
I took a look. You're right it looks GREAT justified!