PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in an urban fantasy with a male/male romance?

The Otter
01-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi. Looking for a beta-reader for the first three chapters of my urban fantasy novel, Dark Geist. I'd be willing to do a swap. As I mentioned in the thread-title, there's a gay romance within the story (though there's nothing explicitly sexual, at least not in the first three chapters.) PM me if you're interested. Summary below...

After centuries of walking among humans undetected, the Children—immortal descendants of gods and goddesses—are disappearing. Smoky Striggs wants to get to the bottom of this mystery, but even with the brains he inherited from great-great-granny Athena, he can’t turn up any clues.

Then he meets Felix, a quiet, melancholy young telepath who uses his powers to locate serial killers for the government. For months, Felix has unsuccessfully tracked a killer named Violet Haze.

According to Felix, Haze has a machine for draining her victims’ geist: their spiritual energy. What’s more, it’s dark geist, the stuff humans emit when they’re scared or in pain—stuff which, in large doses, is toxic to the Children. Smoky has a hunch that Haze is connected to the disappearances. After a run-in with a robot that shoots a dart of concentrated dark geist into his thigh, his hunch grows stronger. Thanks to Felix, he escapes the attack with his life, but just barely.

Soon Smoky is falling for his new friend, who reminds him of his dead lover from another century—same red hair, same gorgeous blue eyes, same burning drive to help those in need, no matter the cost to himself.

But Smoky’s sworn off mortals. They just don’t live long enough, and when they die, the heartbreak is too much. The way things are going, though, thanks to Haze, Smoky wonders if either one of them will be alive much longer.

NightHead
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
I am willing to help you with your story. Note that I am new to this site, so I don't know how it works, but I have done lots of Beta reading before. If you could explain what you are looking for in a beta reader, I am sure i could help. Message me back, if you are intrested.