PDA

View Full Version : I'm working for a chocolate factory

Pepper
01-23-2010, 03:15 AM
Let the jealousy commence! :D

I've worked one half-day trial shift and one full day shift and they want to keep me! Apparently I've picked things up super quickly and proven myself a willing and capable worker. They've even suggested that I would be the ideal candidate to learn the more senior tasks of handcrafting their signature gourmet chocolates. I IS HAPPY.

The funny thing is, I work in a place full of chocolate, and I'm pretty sure I'm actually going to LOSE weight working there. :D If you want to know about fast paced work, try working for a chocolate factory too small to make the bulk of the work automated but also big enough that they are one of Australia's biggest chocolate suppliers for the hospitality biz. A freakin massive amount of chocolate moves out of that place.

My Dad loves me forever now- I brought him a free box of chocolate covered jumbo jelly babies yesterday.

Snowstorm
01-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Congrats on the job AND the fact you seem to love what you do. And yes, I can smell the chocolate from here!

Wayne K
01-23-2010, 03:31 AM
*Adds Pepper to friend list*

Kitty Pryde
01-23-2010, 03:33 AM
1. If you work on the assembly line and the chocolates are going by too fast, do you get to eat them like on I Love Lucy?

2. If I worked somewhere with free chocolate, it would be totally disastrous for my health. So I salute you!

Sophia
01-23-2010, 03:34 AM
When the Oompa Loompas take you into the back room to show you "what the secret ingredient really is!", run!

KellyAssauer
01-23-2010, 03:35 AM
^ Don't tell Susie... ah oh, too late! =)

LOG
01-23-2010, 03:58 AM
I have a chocolate intake limit.

sheadakota
01-23-2010, 05:09 AM
*drools*

bettielee
01-23-2010, 06:09 AM
they say it ruins you for chocolate.... but I can't believe it...

if it does, feel free to send me all the free chocolate they force upon you!

Best of luck with your job! :)

alleycat
01-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Susie is filling out the paperwork to adopt you now.

alleycat
01-23-2010, 06:14 AM
The funny thing is, I work in a place full of chocolate, and I'm pretty sure I'm actually going to LOSE weight working there. :D If you want to know about fast paced work, try working for a chocolate factory . . .
We're obtained a video of Pepper working in the chocolate factory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q

sadron
01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Pfft chocolate dear. I try to avoid it. :D

regdog
01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Careful Pepper, you could end up hating chocolate.

There used to a be a chocolate factory here and just about everyone who worked there ended up hating the stuff. Two things, caused it. They were allowed to eat the rejects and between eating too much chocolate and day after day of day after day of day after day the smell of chocolate just got to be too much.

I can vouch, in high school I worked weekends at a doughnut shop. Couldn't stand them for years afterwards.

Thump
01-23-2010, 06:07 PM

if it does, feel free to send me all the free chocolate they force upon you!

Best of luck with your job! :)

Me too. If only as charity. I'm poor and can only afford the crap quality bargain bin chocolate :(

Fenika
01-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Now I want chocolate for breakfast!

*Jealously happy for you* :)

Libbie
01-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Oooh. I bet you smell so good by the end of your shift!

I love the smell of chocolate. Also the taste.

Susie
01-23-2010, 07:57 PM
*Swoons* I iz soooooooo jelus. Bein' around chocolit all day is meh dream come true. Oh, wait, I am. lol. I eat it a lot. :D

Jess Haines
01-23-2010, 11:58 PM
My jealousy. You haz it.

AlterEgox5
01-24-2010, 12:03 AM
...I totally hate you right now.

No wait, if I tell you that I love you, will I get free chocolate?? I love you! I LOVE YOU!! :D

Ms Behaving
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm... chocolate.

:e2arms: I'm ready... send any of the rejects you don't want to me... me never discriminates against the chocolate... all is beautiful to me!

Me needs the chocolate :D

DWSTXS
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I have a chocolate intake limit.

I do too. When I explode, that's the limit.

Mr Flibble
01-24-2010, 11:33 PM

I do. I used to be a baker. Believe me when you've spent a year frying, sugaring and jamming 1500 doughnuts a day...if I never see one again, it'll be too soon.

waylander
01-25-2010, 12:35 AM
I once had a summer job driving an ice-cream van. Good ice-cream too. Still put me off it for years

brokenfingers
01-25-2010, 12:40 AM
So, have you met Charlie yet?

writeronfire
01-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Sounds like a very tasteful job to me.

CynV
01-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Now I want chocolate for breakfast!
:)

Fenika...reminds me of a book I loved as a child called Chocolate Fever!

So Pepper we of course get samples right? :D

Congrats on the job...I always wondered what it would be like to work in a factory like that.

Pepper
01-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Lmao you guys are awesome. :D I has all your jealousies! :D

I am worried that the job may ruin chocolate for me. But if it does, it's because of the constant smell. I'm being super well behaved when it comes to eating the rejects. :tongue But, I think I'd have to be working there quite a while longer to be at risk of that happening. I LOVE chocolate! :D

There's three things I really appreciate about the job (besides all the chocolate lol!):
~ It's fast paced. Like SUPER fast paced. But I don't mind, because I spent 3 years in a job where work was at a crawl. I was CONSTANTLY bored. It's not a good feeling to know when you turn up to work, you have to spend half an hour or more trying to find something to do.
~ It's making me fit! All that running around, bending, twisting, squatting, lunging and carrying heavy things leaves me feeling like I've just had an 8 hour workout. Well, I guess I have.
~ I get to tell people I work at a chocolate factory. How freakin awesome is that? Lol

And yes, I've met Mr Wonka. He is teh awesomez :D

bettielee
01-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I'd get fired the first day for being unable to stay out of the chocolate river.

Pepper
01-30-2010, 01:10 AM
I heard that the cadbury chocolate factory in New Zealand used to have (or maybe still does) a huge chocolate waterfall. It at one point served a purpose, but then they stopped the waterfall from suppling their chocolate runs, putting the waterfall on loop. It gave the tour people something interesting to look at. After a few months, the chocolate is replaced, and the old contents of the waterfall is fed to pigs.

Yeah, we don't have anything like that unfortunately. Sorry, pigs!

aadams73
01-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Who are you calling a pig?!

*oinks*

Pepper
01-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Lmao I was just waiting for someone to twist my words around! Should'a known you'd be the culprit! :tongue