I am Scottbrownucus!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ne...scott-brown-is-new-cry-of-gop-candidates.html

Everyone wants in, but the fallout is liable to hit some repubs as hard as it will hit some dems.

I'm thinking Crist is sunk in Florida. Marco Rubio has alredy beaten him in a straw poll in Crist's home county.

And I can tell you that orgs like Heritage were already backing Rubio over Crist, prior to Brown's success.

I hate to give credence to Don's Revolutionary Rhetoric, but damn. The dominoes look ready to fall...

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your support, rob. :rolleyes: The house of cards is definately coming down; the only question is which way it falls.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
jesus, this constant craving for "a symbol" is so idiotic.

this is what happens when you have a 10,000 year history of worshiping kings and gods: a bullshit celebrity culture.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jesus, this constant craving for "a symbol" is so idiotic.
No doubt. But it puts food on the table.

But my main point here is that some repubs are gonna "feel" the consequences of Mass. You watch: they'll start catering to tea party-type groups. Because the media will report it, and they'll get the press. Right or wrong, consistent or not, they want to insure they benefit, not suffer. Unfortunately for some of them--like Crist--they're already odd man out.

this is what happens when you have a 10,000 year history of worshiping kings and gods: a bullshit celebrity culture.
Eh. Symbols are symbols.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to give credence to Don's Revolutionary Rhetoric, but damn. The dominoes look ready to fall...

I am Scott Brown.

Thanks for your support, rob. :rolleyes: The house of cards is definately coming down; the only question is which way it falls.

I hate to break up the man crush on Scott Brown, but I would like to ask one question.

What does Scott Brown stand for?

Oh, I get it that he's against the Democratic plan for healthcare reform. I knew that. I know what he's against. I'm a bit fuzzy on it is on what is he for?

Is he just a single-issue candidate and nothing else? While it's great for Republicans to derail the main initiative of the president and his fellow Democrats, is blocking them the endgame? Is that it?

What's Scott Brown and his fellow Republicans plan to help the 14,000 people who lost their healthcare coverage today? What is his plan to assist those people whom are denied coverage by insurance companies?

What is Brown's plan to help those millions of Americans that woke up the day after he won in Massachusetts and didn't know who the hell he is, but knew they couldn't afford to get sick?

I'm afraid I don't see what's so revolutionary about basing a movement upon being opposed to helping people. I don't see how you make the nation a better place by saying if you have insurance you matter and if you don't have insurance, you don't.

The need for reform is still there. Will Brown lead the Republicans into reopening the process and creating a solution that incorporates the best of their ideas with the best of the Democratic plans?

Or is the lesson to be learned here is it doesn't matter if you're standing for anything. It only matters if you're standing against what the other guy wants to do.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
What's Scott Brown and his fellow Republicans plan to help the 14,000 people who lost their healthcare coverage today? What is his plan to assist those people whom are denied coverage by insurance companies?

What was it Scrooge said about reducing the surplus population? The Gentleman from Florida has already identified the GOP health care program - if you get sick, just go on and die as quietly as possible and as far away from our country club as you can manage, thank you very much and don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out.

These are people who think the best thing about It's a Wonderful Life is that good old Mr. Potter got away with stealing Uncle Billy's eight grand. Why should they have a plan other than simple and simplistic obstruction? Their money is more important than your life - what don't you understand about that?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
When Perot got 20% of the votes, the Republicans pretended to listen and started mouthing small-government platitudes. This time around, it took a rogue rep raising millions on the internets; now Republicans are starting to make small-government sounds again, and even adopted his "tea party" meme, even though they all but refuse to acknowledge his existance.

Don't ever tell me again that a vote for a third party or a candidate that can't win is a wasted vote.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Or is the lesson to be learned here is it doesn't matter if you're standing for anything. It only matters if you're standing against what the other guy wants to do.
Right now, that does appear to be the case. Or do you have an alternate explanation for what's going on?

'Course, I'm not condoning or justifying any of this, merely observing the change in the political landscape. Personally, I don't like Rubio. But he's benefiting from the Mass election, no question about it.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Don't ever tell me again that a vote for a third party or a candidate that can't win is a wasted vote.

I don't believe if you honestly believe in the party or candidate you have wasted your vote even if party or candidate lose.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I find this whole thing amazing. Here we have Massachusetts, the only state won by the liberal George McGovern in the 1972 Presidential election. ( I always admired him for his dedication to his principles even tho I rarely agreed with him).
Now we have the health care reform bill - sometimes sold as the Ted Kennedy Health Care Reform Bill - defeated because Senator Kennedy died.
And the "hero", Scott Brown, is not a dyed in the wool conservative. Seems he's more moderate on some of the social issues. But since he's the one who makes it difficult, if not impossible, for Obama to pass his health care bill, he's the man of the hour.
This is great stuff for a novel!
Let the fun begin.

Now the challenge for Obama is to become a real leader. If he's not up to the task, he'll go down in history as a failed President.
I'm not sure he's up to the task.