PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear Review please :)

Lyra Jean
01-21-2010, 08:36 AM
So my blog is probably a bit specialized and I know there are not a whole lot of posts considering how long it has been up. So excuses aside what do you think of it?

It's a wordpress blog and I let anyone post comments on it. I have a page where I post what books I use and have a links page to Florida history websites. I'm just trying to figure out if it is my specialized content or my writing style. I did start this blog to help me with my nonfiction writing.

My most popular blogpost is the one about Florida hurricanes that I wrote. I'm not sure if it's because it's about hurricanes or if it was part of a blogchain. Probably a little bit of both. I do like the template I am using but if that seems to be a problem then please make a suggestion. Really anything will help. Like since it is a history blog could I get away with longer than usual blog posts?

I also thought of doing a Friday Finds or something similar either posting about what other bloggers are writing about Florida history or news/information articles I find. Would this be a good idea?

Thanks a lot in advance and I will comment to everyone's posts.

Right here is the blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear (http://beyondtourism.wordpress.com) It's also in my sig.

veinglory
02-06-2010, 12:24 AM
I like your content but think the template doesn't really suit it. It is stark and clean and the long articles are squished into narrow columns which I did not find comfortable to read. Just my 2c.

Lyra Jean
02-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Thank you. I'll look at other templates and see if there is something better.

Lyra Jean
02-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I did search on Wordpress and found a template that I like much better. It has more color and the posts are more separated.

I think I have to readjust the size of one of my pictures in one of the posts but otherwise I think it is much, much better.