How long will it take for a clinical depressed person to recover

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi friends,
one of my mc is clinically depressed because of problems in foster homes . I have taken her to a psychiatrist , as well as she is given her hypno-therapy. Can she start her normal actitvity like going to college at once ? or how long will it take for a clinical depressed person to recover .
Pl give me suggestions or at least the guidance and thanks .
padma

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
That is a little bit like asking "My mc has cancer--how long before they're better?" It totally depends upon the severity and form the depression takes. For the record, one can be clinically depressed and go to college simultaneously. I certainly did.

Wiskel

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
High above the rooftops...swinging from web to web
For a biological depression with no complicating factors then someone would probably cycle out of it naturally in between 3 and 18 months. Often faster for an adolescent. The fastest an antidepressant could work would be between 3 and 6 weeks.

If you're "depressed" because your life is a mess then you might start to feel better when your circumstances improve. It would be easy to argue that this isn't a clinical depression though but a natural feeling to have.

If you're screwed up because you've had a really rubbish life and part of that is feeling really unhappy and unable to regulate your mood then this could be a long process.

Having a life in a mess or having had a rubbish childhood can both be triggers for biological depression.

Anyone with depression can do anything they want any time they want.....but it might be very hard and tiring The only reason to be out of college would be either not feeling well enough to go (probably if you can't concentrate well enough) or being in hospital.

Hypnotherapy is unlikely to speed up recovery unless it's very simply about helping your mc to find the energy to make lifestyle changes.

Craig

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks DavidZahir and Craig I can now safely send her to college
padma