Job search questions

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
So...I'm kind of in the job market and I'm not entirely certain how this all works. In the past, I generally was applying for part-time jobs, but this time I'm hoping for something that pays decently, etc.

First of all, any tips or advice anyone has for job hunting would be more than appreciated.

Second, and a bit more specific, I found a job that sounds pretty interesting. The thing is, it has a few things that are mentioned in the description but not really described (for instance, must be able to travel overseas without a description of why or or which countries). It's for a pretty big company and I actually think I'm qualified for it (WOO), which isn't something I come across very often as I've got a somewhat unhelpful educational background.

Is it best to apply for the job and then if there is interest shown I can ask questions concerning overseas travel (I don't mind, I'd just like to know where) during an interview? Or is this the kind of thing you're expected to contact in advance and ask about? From the description given it sounds potentially right up my alley.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go ahead and get the application in! You can discuss the details later.

When I was job searching, I found the best online job source to be Indeed.com. It pulls from all the other job search websites (career builder and monster, university job banks, government listings, etc) and puts them all in one place.

Good luck!

:)Smish

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the link! That sounds like exactly the kind of thing I need. :D

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Find out as much as you can about the company before you apply, and definitely before you interview. Like what countries they do business in, for example. Which should answer your question before you ask it. Check out their web site for starters...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've looked into the website but they have a lot of different countries they work in. I actually think that they use the same description for a couple of different jobs, one of which makes sense to have overseas travel whereas the one I'm applying for I don't really get it. I'll toss them an email or try to call or something and see if I can find out some more information about it.