PDA

View Full Version : Betas for contemp. romance needed.

anotherday12
01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm in need of betas to beta read my current WIP. It's called Captured Hearts and as of right now it's 15,145 words.

Here's what it's about -

The book has two main characters and one semi-main character.

First, there's a beautiful woman, inside and out, named Carrie Witshaw.
She's 27 years old and she is still stuck in the past. Although the past makes her smile, just like anyone else it makes her sad. She's achieved one of her many goals in life to become a nurse and now since her first love has come back, she's subconsciously is redirecting her goals. And he's number one on her list. She can tell he has a dark secret and she's dying to know what the secret is, even if it eventually will put him and her in danger, she wants him to know she'll always be by his side, even if it means giving up her own life. But of course, there's always something getting in the way.

Now, there's Jacob Conner. He's 29 years old and he's a chameleon. He left his small town to get away to bigger and better things. He thought if he left, he'd find what he was meant to do, and he did just that. Even if it means living in danger all day, everyday. No one outside of the company knows exactly what he is, and he likes it and needs it that way. Surprisingly, his next job sent him back where he came from. He then came face to face with his past that he turned his back on five years ago and he's having to make difficult decisions. He is given the option of his job or his love life, and he decided to choose his job because love doesn't always stay around, right?

Last but not least, there's Megan Conner. Jacob Conner's cousin. First cousin, to be exact. She knows her best friend Carrie is in love with her cousin and she wants them to get together but she can tell Jacob isn't having it. So, what's a girl to do? Try to manipulate them into being together is what a girl should do. It can't be that much of a hardship for them two to be together. But when her lies get tangled with the truth, her plan backfires and she's the only person who can fix things between the two people she loves the most because she's the only one who knows the secret ingredient.

It's contemp. romance and by no means finished, obviously. So if you're will to beta that would be great. Also, let me know if you would prefer me to send you three chapters at first or if you'd prefer the whole entire WIP.

Thanks!