Some of the best short writing can be found on Amazon

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Do we have a spammer? It seems that way.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the reference might have been to this:

747 of 774 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Solved Global Warming Locally, June 16, 2008
By Daniel A. Koblosh
After I took delivery of my $500 Denon AKDL1 Cat-5 uber-cable, Al Gore was mysteriously drawn to my home, where he pronounced that Global Warming had been suspended in my vicinity.

Yes, I had perfect weather: no flooding, no tornadoes, the exact amount of rain necessary, and he pronounced sea levels exactly right and that they were not going to rise within five miles of my house.

Additionally, my cars began achieving 200 mpg and I didn't even need gasoline. I was able to put three grams of cat litter into the tank and drive forever.

What's more, the atmosphere inside my home became 93% oxygen and virtually no carbon dioxide. In fact, I now exhale oxygen.

One heck of a cable.

Didn't notice any improvement in audio quality though.

The $800 Apple iCable is clearly superior.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I always dislike seeing posts started by people with 3 posts... But that thread has been around on amazon for ages.

And some of the stuff is damn funny.

In addition, look at this: http://www.amazon.com/Looking-Best-David-Hasselhoff/dp/B0000070S1

You could spend DAYS reading all these.

Just keep in mind... Hot Shot City is PARTICULARLY good.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The reviewer must be a member of the AW... Ya think?

I always dislike seeing posts started by people with 3 posts... But that thread has been around on amazon for ages.

And some of the stuff is damn funny.

In addition, look at this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000070S1/?tag=absolutewritedm-20

You could spend DAYS reading all these.

Just keep in mind... Hot Shot City is PARTICULARLY good.

This makes me wonder just how many of us you guys like to write these reviews just for laughs. During one particularly boring summer I wrote at least 100 fake ads on Craigslist. It was a fun experiment. I was proposed to twice and still have pictures of a naked man climbing a tree somewhere on my hard drive. I even made "the best of" a couple of times.

Is this a common but closeted hobby of many, or of very, very few?

Please excuse me now. I'm being distracted by Hot Shot City. It's just so dang catchy. :D

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
It is particularly good. I admit to reading a lot of them, but I've never posted anything myself.

I love the reviews though, they are hilarious.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I'm fond of the reviews for the Uranium Ore.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000796XXM/?tag=absolutewritedm-20

Picked this up for use in one of my kid's 'diversity' projects in school (Great Success!), and stuck the leftovers in the cabinet next to the baking soda.

Ran out of toothpaste, and remembered how you're supposed to be able to use baking soda to clean your teeth, so of course, I accidentally used this instead, and Wow! all I can say is, my teeth have never been cleaner! They sparkle, they tingle, and for some reason, they STAY clean now, no matter what. Highly recommended!

However, when I ran out of that fire-ant killer powder stuff, I figured I would try some for that too.

Big mistake!

Boy, it sure did not kill those ants!

Fortunately, those suckers get slower as they get bigger, so I have been able to use a shovel to take care of most of them, one at a time though, the sneaky devils.

And the darn trash man refuses to take them away..

I would have given this product 5 stars for the teeth and the project on embracing diversity, but I deducted one star because of the giant mutant ants.