Another Word for.....

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, if not please move it...

But I need another word for Council?

I have a Vampire Council in my book, and I dont want to call it Council... Help!

Thank ya in advance :D

Canotila

Sever your leg please.
Registered
Reaction score
Coven? Conclave? Murder? (murder is the word for a group of crows, maybe that could translate to vampires?)

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
na coven is a witchy thing.. murder never heard it used to represent some clan or anything..

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
So I could use it like this?

"What is it?" Garrett asked.
"Phone call."
"Can't it wait?"
"No its the Conclave."
"Fuck."

Would that work like that?

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
ah then I will use it, thank ya all for your help :D I was ripping my hair out lol..

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Canotila is partly right: A "murder" of crows is relatively well-known in literature to designate a gathering of them (see link below); however, the term really couldn't be applied to vampires without even more confusion than it often generates.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Pointless/AnimalGroups.html

Conclave sounds good.

Specific to bats, a group is called a "colony" or a "cloud." Those terms may help you get closer to what you want.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
House of Representatives? Or maybe just, Congress. A congress of vampires.

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Canotila is partly right: A "murder" of crows is relatively well-known in literature to designate a gathering of them (see link below); however, the term really couldn't be applied to vampires without even more confusion than it often generates.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Pointless/AnimalGroups.html

Conclave sounds good.

Specific to bats, a group is called a "colony" or a "cloud." Those terms may help you get closer to what you want.

Off-topic, but I love a storytelling of crows.

BillPatt

Banned
Reaction score
Ha ha, that's awesome! I liked the parliament of owls too.

Religious-based group names.
Synod
Elders
Presbyrty
Convocation
Vestry

Others
Cavalcade
Diet heh - The Vampire Diet
Ring

Dump from a Thesaurus (which is what you really wanted)
council, committee, subcommittee, comitia, court, chamber, cabinet, board, bench, staff., senate, senatus, parliament, chamber of deputies, directory, reichsrath, rigsdag, cortes, storthing, witenagemote, junta, divan, musnud, sanhedrim; classis; Amphictyonic council; duma, house of representatives; legislative assembly, legislative council; riksdag, volksraad, witan, caput, consistory, chapter, syndicate; court of appeal (tribunal); board of control, board of works; vestry; county council, local board., audience chamber, council chamber, state chamber., cabinet council, privy council; cockpit, convocation, synod, congress, convention, diet, states-general., assembly, caucus, conclave, clique, conventicle; meeting, sitting, seance, conference, session, palaver, pourparler, durbar, house; quorum; council fire [N.Am.], powwow [U.S.], primary [U.S.]., senator; member, member of parliament, M.P.; councilor, representative of the people; assemblyman, congressman.

My pick? Volkstag. Mixture of "reichstag" and "volk" Gives the air of government with the common value of people, all with the romanticism of Old Europe.