Increasing Your Posts Count

akmacca

Wants to get it right
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tommytippett.blogspot.com
As you can see from my post counter I am a new and inexperienced member of AW. I have read sticky's on many of the forums and they state either directly or indirectly that members have to pay their dues via posts before they should expect to apply for beta readers, reviews ect.

I have no dramas with that at all.

Then I look at some members who have been on the site for less than a year and they have thousands of posts to their credit.

What I want to know do you or have you posted or commented in the past just to raise your post counter?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
you're barking up the wrong tree.

Just respect your fellow writers. You can post in SYW without collecting a higher post count. You can post your work for critique..and you can be nice and critique the work of others.

Don't assume.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
All I can say to that is:

Hi and welcome to AW! (rofl),

No seriously, increasing your post count was never a priority (I was poking fun above at those who hang out endlessly and welcome newbies in the welcome newbie thread) There are/can be advantages to having a higher count, AV's and more mail space etc.. but none of it really matters in the end.

What matters is what you're here for, gaining insight on writing. Worry about that, and everything else will follow - but, if you feel the need to increase your count just 'cause. This is a great place to do that. =)

Seriously, Welcome to AW, and ask away!

Last edited:

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
As you can see from my post counter I am a new and inexperienced member of AW. I have read sticky's on many of the forums and they state either directly or indirectly that members have to pay their dues via posts before they should expect to apply for beta readers, reviews ect.

I have no dramas with that at all.

Then I look at some members who have been on the site for less than a year and they have thousands of posts to their credit.

What I want to know do you or have you posted or commented in the past just to raise your post counter?

Your post is blatantly an attempt to increase your post count. Though its somewhat clever, and meta in its irony to have a post about post count in which you only serve to increase your post count, I feel that these kinds of worthless, pointless posts, do not do anything to aid in the structure of this site.

Every single post made on this forum is specific to writing, and on topic. Deviations from topic are met with near immediate moderation. You would do well to research some of this on your own before coming on here making such inflammatory, inciting comments.

Deleted member 42

Actually rather than worrying about how much you post, I suggest new folks spend a week or three reading, a lot. This place is huge.

And read the Newbie Guide.

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Just ban people

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Gosh. Increasing my post count never occurred to me. Although I have shamelessly given rep points in the hope I get some in return. Doesn't always work, though.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Your post is blatantly an attempt to increase your post count. Though its somewhat clever, and meta in its irony to have a post about post count in which you only serve to increase your post count, I feel that these kinds of worthless, pointless posts, do not do anything to aid in the structure of this site.

Every single post made on this forum is specific to writing, and on topic. Deviations from topic are met with near immediate moderation. You would do well to research some of this on your own before coming on here making such inflammatory, inciting comments.

yeah. right.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
yeah. right.

Your post is a deviation from the topic, AND sarcastic in tone. I have given you leeway in the past for your non-constructive responses and antagonistic prose.

I am requesting a temporary ban of 30 days as we speak.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Your post is a deviation from the topic, AND sarcastic in tone. I have given you leeway in the past for your non-constructive responses and antagonistic prose.

I am requesting a temporary ban of 30 days as we speak.

I'm requesting a hose. With attachments.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Post count isn't important.

Says the newb with a 1.3666666666666666666666666667 post per day average. Its obvious you have better things to do than post on this site.

Why not just do us all a favor and cancel your account!

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I'm requesting a hose. With attachments.

Do not turn this into yet another erotica thread. I cannot abide seeing yet another post where Scarlett comes in and takes over.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Says the newb with a 1.3666666666666666666666666667 post per day average. Its obvious you have better things to do than post on this site.

Why not just do us all a favor and cancel your account!

says Dr. Kevorkian.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Do not turn this into yet another erotica thread. I cannot abide seeing yet another post where Scarlett comes in and takes over.

she is donning gloves as we speak.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I thought she always worked bareback.... Or barehanded?

I am now considering the possibility that you are merely using this thread to increase your post count. Villain.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Akmacca,

Do not listen to this man. I mean EVER. If your house is on fire and he tells you to get out, consult someone else prior to taking action.

I have now done my public service for the day.

Actually rather than worrying about how much you post, I suggest new folks spend a week or three reading, a lot. This place is huge.

And read the Newbie Guide.

This one knows of which she speaks. Wander, read, learn....this place is invaluable.

Just ban people

This works too.

Gosh. Increasing my post count never occurred to me. Although I have shamelessly given rep points in the hope I get some in return. Doesn't always work, though.

Rep this woman immediately. She's desperate. ;)

My work here is done.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score

No, but if you're desperate you could always go to P&CE and argue the toss with a random stranger over stuff they're never going to change their mind about. ;)

itesser

Registered
Reaction score
Never forget that familiarity breeds contempt. I mean loyalty.

There's no way to win at Forum, you just do what you have to to make it work for you.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Never forget that familiarity breeds contempt. I mean loyalty.

There's no way to win at Forum, you just do what you have to to make it work for you.

That is a logistical failure. There is always a winner, and always a loser.

The easy way to determine the loser is whether or not their Name reads "Lucidzfl"

Hint: The loser is the other poster.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
The easy way to determine the loser is whether or not their Name reads "Lucidzfl"

Hint: The loser is the other poster.

if you happen to be drinking uber cheap wine from a plastic bottle.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
if you happen to be drinking uber cheap wine from a plastic bottle.

Ok now I'm really concerned. Where'd you come up with that?

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Ok now I'm really concerned. Where'd you come up with that?

i can see you. didn't you know that? i saw the wine squirt up in your face the last time you took a swill. you can't squeeze a plastic bottle while you're drinking from it. you should already know this.