PDA

View Full Version : Female question from one female to y'all other females (guys enter at your own risk)

Plot Device
01-17-2010, 02:25 AM
This is a debate between me and a cousin concerning feminine hygiene.

GUYS PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

Q: Do you change every single time you use the bathroom? Even if "it" is only a few minutes out of the insertion tube and still almost 99% clean?

A: Yes. Pee is gross and unsanitary. And any urine in the pull-string will stain your undies. And after you leave the bathroom other people will be able to smell the residue of urnine on the pull-string when you walk around.

or

A: No. That's too expensive. I don't change unless I have to. I'm not made of money. And besides, you can irritate yourself from constantly sliding new ones in and out all day long.

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Insertion tube?

Yes, yes, before you say it, I know what an insertion tube is but I have never used one of those type in my life.

Plot Device
01-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Insertion tube?

Yes, yes, before you say it, I know what an insertion tube is but I have never used one of those type in my life.

Well, I could'a said "only a few minutes out of the insertion tube" or I could'a said "only a few minutes in your ******" but I was trying to be delicate here. ;)

BTW -- is that who I think is it in your avatar???

bettielee
01-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Sorry. Don't use 'em. I don't like installing hardware in my vagina.

ETA: I know you pervs are gonna take license with that.

Plot Device
01-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Sorry. Don't use 'em. I don't like installing hardware in my vagina.

ETA: I know you pervs are gonna take license with that.

Hmm ... well, is it possible that maybe the same question can apply to pads??

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Well, I could'a said "only a few minutes out of the insertion tube" or I could'a said "only a few minutes in your ******" but I was trying to be delicate here. ;)

BTW -- is that who I think is it in your avatar???It's John Mayer, who, unlike a 'feminine hygiene' item, has never been in my '******'. ;)

bettielee
01-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Ok, then. I voted. yes because I change when I pee, and I don't pee every few minutes. however, I am cheap. I would probably not change if for some weird reason I had to pee within a few minutes of putting on a new pad.

There. That is way too much of an overshare.

I need to go shower now.

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Pee is gross and unsanitary.Urine is sterile.
And any urine in the pull-string will stain your undies. And after you leave the bathroom other people will be able to smell the residue of urnine on the pull-string when you walk around.If your urine is pungent enough for passersby to smell it from feet away - unless your co-workers, family and friends are all midgets with their heads at vadge-height - you need to get to the doctor.

Plot Device
01-17-2010, 02:57 AM
It's John Mayer, who, unlike a 'feminine hygiene' item, has never been in my '******'. ;)

I was hoping it was Jeff. :) But John Mayer will do. :D

Matera the Mad
01-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Back when...I never could use those stupid cigars anyway, even when not at high tide. But if I had, I wouldn't have, usually, when not at high tide. As for pee stains, I wet-wipe if at all possible, and long ago discovered that a wad of TP will stay put for a long time, absorbing any leftover moisture.

I've been free since late 2000, nyah nyah nyah

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Serious answer:

This is not something I need to worry about while on depo-provera.

CACTUSWENDY
01-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Well, I can truly say I have read it all...right here in AW. The only thing we are missing is a tread about jock itch. lol :roll:

sheadakota
01-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Okay- I do use them and nope, don't change everytime-:tongue

Medievalist
01-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Just in case there are people who need help with orthography:

1. Vagina

2. Tampon

And yes, unless you have a UTI or other infection, urine is surprisingly sterile.

And I really think most guys are aware that women have vaginas, menstruate, and probably use tampons and sanitary napkins.

Let's not treat our bodies like they're obscene, OK?

Fenika
01-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Ditto on the Depo

During the non-depo times, not really.

backslashbaby
01-17-2010, 03:22 AM
They are too scratchy and irritating to be changing too early too often, imho.

Clair Dickson
01-17-2010, 03:30 AM
If I was just in the bathroom changing my feminine hygeine product... why would I have not gone pee then, too? That just doesn't compute for me. Even being pregnant and feeling like I have to every 10 minutes doesn't negate the 'full bladder' feeling that tells me it's time to go to pee.

Anyway, no, if this freak scenario did happen, then I probably wouldn't change. Seems rather wasteful. It's not like I change my panties every time I go pee-- which is basically the same concept/ concerns as outline with the tampon string getting urine on it, since droplets aren't always all cleaned up anyway (say from pubic hairs.)

Fran
01-17-2010, 03:37 AM
I usually do, but usually because I have to. It's like trying to plug Niagara with a cork. At least they're short. But if I didn't have to I wouldn't.

ad_lucem
01-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Okay, let me first get this out of the way: ***shudder*** and *ewwww*

Now that's out of the way...

Yes, when and if I bother with those nasty things. And yes for pads, too. Years ago I had the fear of toxic shock instilled in my little pea brain and the idea never left. If unsure what this is, Google it, I'm sure there is at least a wiki page on it. BLech.

rhymegirl
01-17-2010, 05:39 AM
No more periods for me. Oh happy day!

Silver King
01-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Just thinking like a man here, but couldn't the string be held out of the way of the urine flow? Or couldn't you simply remove the tampon, relieve yourself, then reinsert the device if it's still in good shape?

Wicked
01-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Just thinking like a man here, but couldn't the string be held out of the way of the urine flow? Or couldn't you simply remove the tampon, relieve yourself, then reinsert the device if it's still in good shape?

If I had to think of all the devices that would be enjoyable to have "reinserted", a tampon would not be one of them.

rhymegirl
01-17-2010, 05:56 AM

You're making a good case for why I never used those blasted inventions the whole time I was menstruating.

lividseras
01-17-2010, 05:57 AM
I usually do, but usually because I have to. It's like trying to plug Niagara with a cork. At least they're short. But if I didn't have to I wouldn't.

LOL!!!!!!!!!^^^^

And now my answer *blush*

Ive heard that urine is extremely sanitary actually (ew). But yes I change them everytime, when i wear them which is at work. Other than that, not those uncomfy things.

Wayne K
01-17-2010, 05:58 AM
:nothing

Cella
01-17-2010, 06:00 AM
I use them and no, I do not change every time.

(You can also hold the string up and out of the flow of fluid to keep it from getting wet. Sorry if I'm repeating, I didn't read all the responses.)

Rose English
01-17-2010, 06:01 AM
and I just came in to see what Wayne said :D

Silver King
01-17-2010, 06:14 AM
You're making a good case for why I never used those blasted inventions the whole time I was menstruating.
One of the biggest arguments I ever had in child rearing was when my daughter started her period and her mom went out and bought tampons.

Our girl was only twelve, and there was no way in hell I was going to allow such a foreign object to be inserted into her body. It really freaked me out at the time, and it still does...

rhymegirl
01-17-2010, 06:21 AM
One of the biggest arguments I ever had in child rearing was when my daughter started her period and her mom went out and bought tampons.

Our girl was only twelve, and there was no way in hell I was going to allow such a foreign object to be inserted into her body. It really freaked me out at the time, and it still does...

I bought my daughter sanitary pads when she started and she's always used them. I think pads are much easier to use.

sheadakota
01-17-2010, 06:26 AM
my husband, who is a Nurse BTW, once asked me if I could pee with a tampon in, or did I have to take it out first- *sigh*

I mean- come on! (and the answer is yes and no)

- and, you can dry the string with T-P
They are convientant and clean and if you swim they are a must- Don't like the nappies- TMI, right?

Silver King
01-17-2010, 06:30 AM
I bought my daughter sanitary pads when she started and she's always used them. I think pads are much easier to use.
That's what we ended up agreeing would be best for our daughter back then, but I'm not sure what her preference is these days. I might ask her tomorrow. She's coming over for lunch. ;)

thothguard51
01-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Interesting...

Fran
01-17-2010, 06:33 AM
I hate pads, or towels as we call them here. When I first started they were two inches thick and I'm sure they're a lot better now, but I'd still never use them as long as there are tampons in the world.

rhymegirl
01-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Oh, yeah, a great lunch topic, SK. ;)

I only know what my daughter uses because she lives in my house. We used to pool our money on the products and share, but now I don't need that stuff anymore, so she's on her own.

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Ah, fanny hammocks. Manhole covers. Heh.

Much prefer tampons. They keep one's undercarriage fresh as a daisy.

If you're worried about toxic shock then don't leave your ladybullets in for more than 6-8 hours; I would have thought that was obvious. And unless you've got a chuff like a wizard's sleeve, it won't get lost up there. Just give the chain a yank, and out it comes.

This has been SP's Pubic Cervix announcement. You're welcome.

aadams73
01-17-2010, 06:40 AM
I like tampons: when I use them I can go swimming and dancing and windsailing and rollerblading!

Alas, the rest of the month I cannot. :(

Haggis
01-17-2010, 06:42 AM
That's what we ended up agreeing would be best for our daughter back then, but I'm not sure what her preference is these days. I might ask her tomorrow. She's coming over for lunch. ;)

Normally, I'll talk to my daughters about their kids and, perhaps, their investments. But to each his own, I guess. :)

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 06:42 AM
I don't have to have PMT to want to bean the idiot who came up with "Have a happy period."

HAPPY PERIOD? Sore tits, cramps, spots, the bloat? Oh yeah, kiss my menstruating fuzzbox.

Clair Dickson
01-17-2010, 06:43 AM
I hate pads, or towels as we call them here. When I first started they were two inches thick and I'm sure they're a lot better now, but I'd still never use them as long as there are tampons in the world.

You can get pads about an 1/8th of inch thick-- some as thin as pantyliners (though I never understood pantyliners...) My dad used to call them mouse mattresses. My dad is nuts. And it's genetic.

I just hate standing in the aisle trying to figure out where the ones I want are... no, don't need any that are prepped for flight...don't need ones that reach from bellybutton to top of buttcrack... don't need flavors or colors... (Not picking on anyone who does need/ want these, just bitching about trying to FIND the one you do want in the 7,000 different choices.)

Anyway... still don't think the string getting urine on it is any different than pubes getting urine on them, so I wouldn't worry about it. And, with pads, if it's a light day, I don't change every time I use the bathroom. I admit it.

aadams73
01-17-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't have to have PMT to want to bean the idiot who came up with "Have a happy period."

HAPPY PERIOD? Sore tits, cramps, spots, the bloat? Oh yeah, kiss my menstruating fuzzbox.

Oh heck, you have that commercial there, too?

Seriously, my fifteen-year-old self would like to kick that guy right between the legs.

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 06:47 AM
I don't give a toss about lingering in the 'feminine hygiene' aisle and Lord, I hate that euphemism. PERIOD IS NOT A DIRTY WORD.

I menstruate. Get over it. I'm offended by shopkeepers paper-bagging my tampons. Not that I show off any purchases, but come on, is the fact I have a fully-functioning set of plumbing so offensive to you?

Fret ye not, fellow AWers. I will never breed. But I bleed.

kuwisdelu
01-17-2010, 06:51 AM
And I really think most guys are aware that women have vaginas, menstruate, and probably use tampons and sanitary napkins.

WHUT???!?!?

Learn something new every day, I guess....

Seems like too much hassle to change it every time. Not that I have a vagina. Or menstruate.

Fran
01-17-2010, 06:51 AM
This lady agrees with aadams and scarlet. :D

http://francetales.com/2008/01/22/funny-consumer-letter/

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 06:53 AM
WHUT???!?!?

Learn something new every day, I guess....

Seems like too much hassle to change it every time. Not that I have a vagina. Or menstruate.You're still a monumental pussy.

kuwisdelu
01-17-2010, 06:55 AM

I don't even have a vagina and I want to punch that idiot.

I don't give a toss about lingering in the 'feminine hygiene' aisle and Lord, I hate that euphemism. PERIOD IS NOT A DIRTY WORD.

I menstruate. Get over it. I'm offended by shopkeepers paper-bagging my tampons. Not that I show off any purchases, but come on, is the fact I have a fully-functioning set of plumbing so offensive to you?

Fret ye not, fellow AWers. I will never breed. But I bleed.

Period. Period. Period.

I don't remember if the bag I got last time I bought tampons was clear or not.

No they were not for me.

Yes the cashier asked "that time of the month again for you eh?" anyway.

Leah J. Utas
01-17-2010, 06:55 AM
No. I change them about every four hours. Seems to me that was recommended way back when after the toxic shock days. It seemed logical so I went with it.

Silver King
01-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Normally, I'll talk to my daughters about their kids and, perhaps, their investments. But to each his own, I guess. :)
Even though I'm the most bumbling fool you can imagine when it comes to discussing female issues with my daughter, she seemed to realize early on that her health was my main concern, and she hardly ever rolled her eyes when I offered advice.

Don Allen
01-17-2010, 07:11 AM
With all do respect, I'm running the hell out of here.......

Plot Device
01-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Silver King, I generally prefer that a girl (and 12 years old is indeed a "girl") start off on pads before graduating to tampons. Tampons can hurt like hell if you're still a virgin. And when you only use the pads, you get into the habit of merely throwing them into the trash -- a good habit to have ingrained in you so that if and when you do switch to tampons, you STILL merely throw them in the trash and NOT into the toilet.

Silver King
01-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Silver King, I generally prefer that a girl (and 12 years old is indeed a "girl") start off on pads before graduating to tampons. Tampons can hurt like hell if you're still a virgin...
I didn't want to mention it earlier, but I'm glad you brought that up. Isn't it possible that a tampon can rupture the hymen? It seems obvious that it might, but I could be mistaken.

ad_lucem
01-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Ah, fanny hammocks. Manhole covers. Heh.

Much prefer tampons. They keep one's undercarriage fresh as a daisy.

If you're worried about toxic shock then don't leave your ladybullets in for more than 6-8 hours; I would have thought that was obvious. And unless you've got a chuff like a wizard's sleeve, it won't get lost up there. Just give the chain a yank, and out it comes.

This has been SP's Pubic Cervix announcement. You're welcome.

Manhole covers...how...apt.

The toxic shock thing is actually just paranoia on my part. Seriously, female relatives scared the #@$@# out of me for no good reason about those. But, I never had luck with the things anyway, because of, well, I'll defer to the "niagra" comment of an earlier poster...

Personally, whatever is used goes bye-bye relatively quickly. I'm a bit of a neat freak from generally grooming of "unwanted body hair" to prompt disposal of anything that collects bodily fluids--be it diapers for the kids or something belonging to me.

Again, this is probably paranoia brought on by years of horror stories handed down to me by female relatives.

And as for picking stuff up at the store...isn't that what husbands are for?

Just kidding, I'm not that much of a bitch. :)

ad_lucem
01-17-2010, 09:34 AM
I didn't want to mention it earlier, but I'm glad you brought that up. Isn't it possible that a tampon can rupture the hymen? It seems obvious that it might, but I could be mistaken.

There are quite a variety of things that can bust that thing, and having a "broken" one doesn't mean much (unless you're still a member of a culture that checks for those things :tongue)...although a tampon could rupture it.

It's not exactly the "tamper evident seal" it's often made out to be.... :D

petec
01-17-2010, 10:49 AM
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/petec_bucket/Kohlertoiletbidet.jpg

European bathroom equipment.

*runs quickly from thread*

jennontheisland
01-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Every time?? You've got to be kidding. The only time I had to change a pad that often is after I gave birth.

And the only time I wear pads is after birth. I'll never use another pad.

My periods off the pill are light enough to go 6 hours on one tampon on heavy days. On the pill, a box lasts months.

Rarri
01-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Don't use 'em. Too much risk (sleeping ten or more hours a night is not a challenge) and happier with pads. But damn, those happy period adverts drive me round the bend; unlike hubby, who notices PMS from several miles and promptly stocks the cupboards with chocolate.

ad_lucem
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
It's kind of important to remember that no everyone is the same. For some women it's like the scene from the Shinning, and others it's just not that big of a deal.

For me, with each of my kids and breastfeeding for about a year each, during that year I had nothing. Nada. Not even so much as a PMS-style mood swing. But when I stopped nursing, I had to go to the ER to get back to normal because of the excessive bleeding and blood clots.

Yet, some women still have "periods" during pregnancy (how cruel is that).

Just the way it goes, I guess.

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Since I turned thirty, I got more emotional (yeah, me).

One time I burst out crying over some stupid little thing and my friend said, "You were like this last month."

I was surprised, but she insisted I check the calendar and I said, "Bloody hell, you're right. How did you know I'm crying to a pattern?"

She'd always been like that so was aware of it in me, but it happened more or less overnight when I left my 20s behind.

HelloKiddo
01-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Why on earth would that freak you out? I am at a loss by why people are bothered by that. It's a necessary product for basic hygiene, nothing else.

Silver King, I generally prefer that a girl (and 12 years old is indeed a "girl") start off on pads before graduating to tampons. Tampons can hurt like hell if you're still a virgin. And when you only use the pads, you get into the habit of merely throwing them into the trash -- a good habit to have ingrained in you so that if and when you do switch to tampons, you STILL merely throw them in the trash and NOT into the toilet.

If she wants to use it why not let her try it and decide for herself if she finds it comfortable? Some people find maxi pads difficult to use and prefer tampons.

Fran
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv24/petec_bucket/Kohlertoiletbidet.jpg

European bathroom equipment.

I've never seen a bidet in a British bathroom. :D

K. Taylor
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I was 13 when mine started, and a tiny chick. The only pads available at the time were HUGE. I was under 5' and 82lbs....tried them a couple times, then rolled toilet paper to make my own (started out with light flow, as is common, so it worked). Eventually tried out my mom's tampons and never looked back. Funniest thing was that it took her a year to notice!

I hate the designs of today, btw. Playtex got rid of the ones I liked and every damn thing left from every brand leaks now on my two heavy days. Used to be able to go 4 hours on a heavy day, now it's two, and it's not my body that changed.:rant:

For those with teens, they have really narrow tampons geared toward girls now. Considering how many girls start as young as 9 these days, it's a good marketing idea.

petec
01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
I've never seen a bidet in a British bathroom. :D

Is Uk really European?

Pete

Thump
01-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Back when I used Tampons and pads, I would change pads every time I went (but didn't go all the time either) and tampons every couple of hours. But TBH, I hated Tampons, they invariably leaked, pretty much cancelling any comfort benefits.

But I moved on to menstrual cups a few years ago and I'M NEVER GOING BACK! The cup has all the advantages of tampons (comfort especially) without the disadvantages (dryness, hanging strings, TSS risk) and I can leave it on all night. I leak less on it than I did even with pads (which were my method of choice). The only thing is that if you're squeamish about your bodily fluids, it's probably not for you since you have to empty it and rinse it out (that said, I got over the squeeck factor pretty quickly myself, but I believe women should not be disgusted by their menstrual flow anyway).

So yeah, I think menstrual cups are the way of the future and if I have daughters, that's what I'll encourage them to use. They even make smaller ones for teenage vaginas. And they also come in pretty colours :p I can't wait for them to make some with bling ;)

Thump
01-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Is Uk really European?

Pete

Yeah, but getting them to admit it is like pulling teeth. I have a lot of fun annoying my Brit friends about it.

ETA: I love my dad, he's part of that generation of men who just ignored such things as "woman stuff". He was squeecked when mom suggested tampons at the lunch table because I was taking a windsurfing lesson and my period came around. Still, he was man enough to buy me pads and tampons when I was a teenager and ran out (with four menstruating women in the house at the same time, two of which neglected to mention when we were running low on supplies and were too shy to buy their own, this happened remarkably often). Keep in mind he was born in a farm, in South America, to uber conservative, Catholic, Italian parents and yet, all I had to do is tell him what I wanted and he'd go.

I <3 my dad. The man I marry will have a lot to live up to.

tjwriter
01-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Tampons tend to be very uncomfortable for me in general, so I only wear them if I am swimming or something where I cannot wear a bad. Since having kids it feels like I'm hemorrhaging for two days before it tapers off into a much lighter flow. I get to wear overnight pads all day at first. Most of the time, by the time I need to use the restroom, it's time to change the absorbent material. However, if not, then I don't change right away because that crap is expensive and I need to get my money's worth.

ETA: And being pregnant is an excellent reason for pantyliners, as it gets pretty moist down yonder.

sadron
01-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Um, no. Only when it's nearly full or when I feel uncomfortable. Changing every time is madness.

Fran
01-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Is Uk really European?

Pete

A fair few of us would quite like not to be. I'm a big fan, but some if not most see it as geographical and nothing else. ;)

Clair Dickson
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Perhaps you misunderstood... it's not the feminine hygiene section that bothers me. Or, since that all-encompassing easily understood phrase seems to bother you, the pads and plugs section. It's the plethora of choices that make it hard to find the ONE that I want. The pads and plugs section in my store of choice is over 16 feet long. And I want only one little package... that's apparently one of the least popular choices because it's damn hard to find.

I also hate trying to find my salad dressing amongst the 27,000 choices. Esp. since the stores seem incapable of leaving the arrangement the same for more than four months at time, requiring me to again study all the bottles looking for the particular one I need. (And I'm very particular)

I'm a woman. I use pads and condoms. (Well, I did until I went and got knocked up.) I bought them at the same store where I worked, virtually guaranteeing that someone I worked with would know my preferences in menstrual products and birth control.

So, yeah, I'm over it.

BTW, I always thought feminine hygiene products was an acceptable all encompassing term (esp since it includes products NOT related directly to menstruation, such as pantyliners and in some stores, douches, etc.) Just like condiments refers to ketchup, pickles, mustard, BBQ sauce, etc. A nice category for referring to all such related items. But offensive? Because it doesn't use the slang term "period?" That's new on me.

Yeah-- I'm asking for it. I'm feisty right now. =D

scarletpeaches
01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
No, no, it was nothing against any of your posts. Sorry if it looked that way. It was just another of SP's random rants.

I'm calm now. Honest. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-17-2010, 09:21 PM
With all do respect, I'm running the hell out of here.......

Wait! I'll go with you!

Silver King
01-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Why on earth would that freak you out? I am at a loss by why people are bothered by that. It's a necessary product for basic hygiene, nothing else.
I wasn't freaked out about her period or the need for her to use something to help staunch the flow. I was very concerned, though, that she would use a product that would be inserted into her vagina. She was very young, and I just felt it best that she try an external method, at least to start out. Then when she was a little older and had more experience, she could choose whatever product best suited her needs.

It might sound like I took too active a role in this issue, but there is nothing abut my children's health that I ever took lightly. And it's tough for fathers at times to voice their concerns in these matters without moms brushing them aside and acting like they know best.

Well, moms don't always know what's best for their daughters. That's been my experience, anyway.

HelloKiddo
01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Well, moms don't always know what's best for their daughters. That's been my experience, anyway.

I hear you and I agree. It's good for fathers to be active parents. I wish more were. But sometimes women do know best. Thing is, tampons are not dangerous items. She is not going to be harmed by using them--any doctor could confirm that. And some women can't use maxi pads for a variety of reasons, some of them health related.

The reason I mention it is because this is not the first time I've heard this and I'm baffled. I could see why it would make a person uncomfortable, but it's an irrational discomfort IMO.

Smish
01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
On light days, I don't change them every time I pee, because taking out a mostly-dry tampon HURTS.

I definitely prefer tampons to pads. I actually can't remember the last time I wore a pad. They're uncomfortable, and I feel icky when wearing them. I prefer to keep it as clean and fresh as possible down there. For that reason, I also prefer scented tampons.

I do agree that it's usually best to start young girls with pads, because tampons can be painful at that age. However, if she wants to try tampons and decides she prefers them, I think that's great. Tampons do make life easier, in my opinion.

bettielee
01-19-2010, 03:46 AM
I'm totally frickin' disgusted by my bodily fluids. I have every right to be, esp when it is bloody and disgusting.

Thank you.

aadams73
01-19-2010, 03:52 AM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/aadams73/TOY22.jpg

scarletpeaches
01-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Oh god.

I just laughed so hard a bit of wee came out.

(Scuse me while I change my ladybullet).

aadams73
01-19-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm totally frickin' disgusted by my bodily fluids. I have every right to be, esp when it is bloody and disgusting.

Thank you.

It's funny, I'm really not bothered at all. Nothing about the human body really bothers me. That's what soap and water is for, ya know?

aadams73
01-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Oh god.

I just laughed so hard a bit of wee came out.

(Scuse me while I change my ladybullet).

We needed a cotton pony to provide levity. :D

backslashbaby
01-19-2010, 04:03 AM
I was 13 or so when I first used a tampon. We were visiting a large family that just all married in together in another state for the summer. There was a teenage girl and two teenage boys, amongst others. We were going to the pool, but I had my period.

The teenage girl said, "Oh, take a tampon" and I really couldn't think of another choice.

The bathroom door didn't shut properly or lock. The diagrams are stupid because nothing looks like that. You probably don't need one knee up like they advise. Did they recommend a hand mirror, or was that my idea?

It took me a horrendous hour to get all sorted.

bettielee
01-19-2010, 04:18 AM
It's funny, I'm really not bothered at all. Nothing about the human body really bothers me. That's what soap and water is for, ya know?

I want the stuff INSIDE my body to stay there! I don't like getting the inside parts on the outside parts! Soap and water or no.

Sometimes, the stuff you PUT in comes OUT after processing, and I can handle that, because the output devices and the contents being expelled seem to have their groove on. The vagina is a messy ouput device. That's all I'm sayin'.

Oogies.

Day O'
01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
I change every time, except when I have a few cocktails, okay sometimes more than a few. (Too much peeing going on then.) I suppose it's just a habit more than anything.

But I'm kind of shocked at the comments about young girls, virgins, and tampons. And seeing as how this is a writer forum, I've posted this link, since I think it's writers who have perpetuated this myth.

http://historyhoydens.blogspot.com/2006/10/anatomy-101-hymen.html

scarletpeaches
01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
The vagina is no such thing.

It is, besides the eye, the only self-cleaning organ in the human body and anyone who thinks my vagina is oogy can visit me to discuss the problem.

(If your name is John Mayer, my bedroom's straight ahead of the front door).

bettielee
01-19-2010, 06:17 AM
The vagina is not oogie. The blood and shit (this meaning metaphorical shit, I don't think you want me using the cringeworthy word I could use. It's not just blood after all) coming OUT of the vagina is oogie.

If you bleed ice cream, I apologize.

ETA: biology fail

bettielee
01-19-2010, 06:34 AM
You's guys...

hang out with a bunch of damn writers...

I need to hang out with dumb people again! I miss being the smart person!

dammit....

WildScribe
01-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Okay, laughing my ASS off over here...

I use super tampons and change them twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I don't worry about pee on the string, it's sanitary and actually not smelly, and I don't have problems with spotting. My flow is pretty moderate to light, so twice a day is enough, and more seems really wasteful.

HelloKiddo
01-19-2010, 06:51 AM
http://historyhoydens.blogspot.com/2006/10/anatomy-101-hymen.html

Thank you Kalen Hughes! It still astounds me how little people, even women, understand female anatomy, and the weird stuff they come up with...I don't know sometimes.

Silver King
01-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Thank you Kalen Hughes! It still astounds me how little people, even women, understand female anatomy, and the weird stuff they come up with...I don't know sometimes.
Here is (http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/hymen.html) a tutorial that someone sent to me via PM.

Nakhlasmoke
01-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I switched to a lunette and never looked back :D http://www.lunettecup.co.uk

No throwing stuff away, or trying to find a bin when there isn't one, I can ignore all the stupid ads telling me to have a happy period, and I don't spend a fortune on wads of prettified cottonwool.

Then again, I also sometimes use cloth pads (usually night one, in case of leakage). i started using cloth pads after I had my second baby and was too broke to buy pads (yep. That broke) and they worked so well that I stayed with using them.

So the answer is nope, don't change when I pee.

Also those of you on Depo - please take care. That shit messed me up so bad. I was an emotional wreck.

kaitie
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM
They are too scratchy and irritating to be changing too early too often, imho.

I agree. My answer was "no" as well, obviously. I've actually never really thought much about it until now, but I change based on when they need to be changed rather than just arbitrarily when I use the bathroom.

I actually used to be one of those grossed out by bodily fluids people, but I got over it after a couple of years. Now it doesn't even bother me or make me think twice. That might also be because if you change enough diapers in your life things just stop being gross.

scarletpeaches
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Also those of you on Depo - please take care. That shit messed me up so bad. I was an emotional wreck.There's nothing to take care of. In my case, I was fine. So there are women who take to it like a duck to water. The only reason I came off it is because my nurse recommended it. She said no-one ever seemed to stay on it longer than two or three years; they usually decided they wanted to get pregnant. I gave her 'that look' and said "I'm on this because I don't want to get pregnant."

She gave me the usual "You never know," shite and I pointed out that in fifteen years of adulthood I'd never changed my mind, but she still recommended I come off it.

I'd go back on it tomorrow if I could.

Alpha Echo
01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
This thread is too funny.

I do not change everytime I pee. I drink a lot of coffee/water/wine depending on the time of day, and it's just unnecessary, IMO.

Besides...it's been a long time since I've had my period. I'm on Seasonique and conveniently skip the week I'm supposed to get my period every three months so that I never get it. It's been almost 2 years now, and I don't miss it.

I am glad to see, however, that most people do not bother to change everytime they pee. lol

Nakhlasmoke
01-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I'd go back on it tomorrow if I could.

I liked the no-period part. :D just unfortunately I turned into a raging homicidal axe-wielding maniac.

Guess I was unlucky.

Alpha Echo
01-19-2010, 05:48 PM
I was 13 or so when I first used a tampon. We were visiting a large family that just all married in together in another state for the summer. There was a teenage girl and two teenage boys, amongst others. We were going to the pool, but I had my period.

The teenage girl said, "Oh, take a tampon" and I really couldn't think of another choice.

The bathroom door didn't shut properly or lock. The diagrams are stupid because nothing looks like that. You probably don't need one knee up like they advise. Did they recommend a hand mirror, or was that my idea?

It took me a horrendous hour to get all sorted.

I actually was unable to get a tampon inside me until I'd had sex. I know that sounds silly, but I just couldn't figure it out. Then once I'd had sex, I guess I understood exactly where the hole was. I guess I was too embarrassed to try to find the hole before that. I don't know. But it certainly wasn't easy.

Medievalist
01-19-2010, 11:14 PM
One of the reasons I think young women shouldn't be discouraged from trying tampons is that too often women never look at their own bodies. There are women who have had children who have no idea about the clitoris, or that urine does not exit the bladder via the vagina.

There's some practical sense to gently stretching the hymenal corona with a tampon (or a finger) well before penetrative sex; it makes the first experience much more comfortable (sex is NOT supposed to hurt) and if the woman is one of those rare women who do have a problem, she finds out in time to do something about it.

ad_lucem
01-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I liked the no-period part. :D just unfortunately I turned into a raging homicidal axe-wielding maniac.

Guess I was unlucky.

I'll second that whole raging, homicidal, axe-wielding manic bit...

Yep. That is what I recall of Depo, too. Although, it worked well as bc. No surprises.

I've tried a little bit of everything, myself. I've found that most things involving hormones do something weird to me whether it be to induce a "morning sickness"-like experience, turn me into a raging witch, make my face turn into pepperoni pizza, or other things that are equally frustrating.

Soooo happy to be getting the tubes tied shortly.

ad_lucem
01-19-2010, 11:27 PM
One of the reasons I think young women shouldn't be discouraged from trying tampons is that too often women never look at their own bodies. There are women who have had children who have no idea about the clitoris, or that urine does not exit the bladder via the vagina.

Okay, that's just frightening.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 01:32 AM
But sadly true.

You know my mother never used non-applicator tampons because they meant - and I quote - "You have to touch yourself?"

Considering she let everyone else have a go I'm surprised she was so reticent about looking at/touching her own body.

It's menstrual blood. Please. You touch yourself, you wash your hands. What's the big problem?

Fran
01-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Or "If you use a tampon you're not a virgin anymore" which was a big favourite around my Catholic high school.

Puh-LEASE.

James81
01-20-2010, 01:43 AM
I know you warned us and all, but I have the heebie jeebies right now. Why, oh why, did I click on and read this thread five times??????

Fran
01-20-2010, 01:46 AM
I know you warned us and all, but I have the heebie jeebies right now. Why, oh why, did I click on and read this thread five times??????

You have a un/healthy* fascination with vaginas? :D

*delete as appropriate ;)

backslashbaby
01-20-2010, 01:53 AM

There's some practical sense to gently stretching the hymenal corona with a tampon (or a finger) well before penetrative sex; it makes the first experience much more comfortable (sex is NOT supposed to hurt) and if the woman is one of those rare women who do have a problem, she finds out in time to do something about it.

Hee hee: at 13 I knew about the clitoris already; I just didn't see the need for all the rest of it all :D

aadams73
01-20-2010, 02:13 AM

Pretty rich coming from the section of the species fascinated with their own farts enough to put a match to them and grade them on levels of smell, sound, and taste.

I have a lot of respect for men who take the time to learn about the female body well enough that they're not disgusted or freaked by what is a normal function.

ETA: I'm not trying to bitchy(and no I don't have PMS!) but I wish guys' reaction wasn't "eeeewwwww." We're the members of the species who clean up your shit, piss and vomit when you're children, and keep our mouths shut and quietly wash the sheets when you fellas have nocturnal emissions. So there. :D

aadams73
01-20-2010, 02:17 AM
I'll second that whole raging, homicidal, axe-wielding manic bit...

I've never been on Depo, but my doctor recently got all clever and put me on a triphasic pill. This, despite the fact that I really don't do well on them.

By mid-month my moods were all over the place, with the compass most often pointing towards homicidal. I marched back into her office and told her I wanted back on my old monophasic pill right now. I guess I had that homicidal gleam in my eye because she quickly agreed. :D

Normally my mood doesn't swing much at all, but on triphasic pills...*shiver* Hell, I was scared of me! :D

EFCollins
01-20-2010, 03:31 AM
To answer the original question: No. I do not change every time. For one reason, as someone else stated, changing a mostly dry tampon hurts like a mutha humper. For another, I have a pee every half hour or so. When you consume five to ten pots (not cups, pots) of coffee a day, your need to urinate goes waaaaay up. Urine is sterile and if you are careful, you don't get a wet string. Even if I did, I seriously couldn't afford to buy that many tampons. As often as I must "go", it would be a ridiculous and unnecessary waste of money, among other things.

I was on the depo shot for a long time. I went from around 115 pounds to nearly 200 pounds. I got my tubes tied and went off the depo, the weight came off and I am happy. :)

Regarding the males who have forgotten that this is not Jr. High and go "Ewwww!"... my husband, my father and my brother have all purchased feminine shit for me. Tampons, yeast infection medicine, douches, feminine wash. It doesn't bother them. My father didn't feel the need to don a toolbelt to buy tampons either. If anyone made a joke about it, he told them his daughter had to plug the red hole and let it go.

Then again, my father was a huge man. 6'7" and 300 lbs. He was fairly secure in his manhood. Perhaps this isn't so for every one.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Am I the only person who didn't put on weight with depo?

I mean...you can't put on weight unless you take in more energy than you're using up. Anyone who says otherwise is claiming to defy all the laws of physics.

My weight stayed exactly the same. My periods stopped. And that was it. Maybe my bewbs got sore every month around about the time I would have menstruated, but for me, depo is the perfect contraceptive.

Well, that and living in this town where there are no men I want to have sex with, that is...

EFCollins
01-20-2010, 03:42 AM
I think the weight gain has more to do with mental stuff and water retention. I am already mental, so that was no change. ;)

I live very reclusive and hermit-like: not a lot of strenuous activity. Back then (seven years ago) I didn't even exercise(which I do now). I rarely leave my house, so walking was out. It was as much laziness as water retention. I don't think all the weight was caused by the depo shot (although I do think some of it may have been). Different people react to medications differently and all that jazz. I didn't lose all of it, I'm still at around a buck forty, but not the 194 I was before.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 03:44 AM
Maybe I shagged it all off.

What? What??? I was seeing a hot guy at the time.

Not so much these days, though.

EFCollins
01-20-2010, 03:49 AM
Hey, I'm not one to knock a healthy sexual appetite. I myself enjoy "shagging" at least twice a day, when it's available.

I know, I know. TMI.

bettielee
01-20-2010, 03:59 AM
**silently judges sparklepeaches**

has nothing to do with that post, it's just my thing.

ad_lucem
01-20-2010, 04:27 AM

I mean...you can't put on weight unless you take in more energy than you're using up. Anyone who says otherwise is claiming to defy all the laws of physics.

My weight stayed exactly the same. My periods stopped. And that was it. Maybe my bewbs got sore every month around about the time I would have menstruated, but for me, depo is the perfect contraceptive.

Well, that and living in this town where there are no men I want to have sex with, that is...

This could be! My weight went up (not drastically, but up a little) with depo. The weight (more like water retention than anything...couldn't drink soda while I was on it...that's for sure) wasn't the problem. The rabid bitch part, yeah, that was less than desirable.

Excess hormones and I don't mix well.

Perfect for birth control, though.

NeuroFizz
01-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Pretty rich coming from the section of the species fascinated with their own farts enough to put a match to them and grade them on levels of smell, sound, and taste.

I have a lot of respect for men who take the time to learn about the female body well enough that they're not disgusted or freaked by what is a normal function.

ETA: I'm not trying to bitchy(and no I don't have PMS!) but I wish guys' reaction wasn't "eeeewwwww." We're the members of the species who clean up your shit, piss and vomit when you're children, and keep our mouths shut and quietly wash the sheets when you fellas have nocturnal emissions. So there.
I teach the anatomy and physiology of both male and female reproductive systems to college students, and both the giggles (polite type of eeewwwws) and misunderstandings are not owned by either gender. In fact, I am blown away by how many college aged females don't really have a clue about what is going on in those parts of their bodies during the reproductive cycle and why it all happens that way. And even though I emphasize the procreational aspects rather than the recreational aspects of reproduction, I have a distinct message for both genders and two specific ones for the men. For both, if they pay attention to the anatomy and physiology, they have the tools to make a very happy partner. To the guys, the messages are simple--(1) no mean no with no exceptions and no "base" limits (as in first base, second base, etc), and (2) you are not done until she's done. You can bet both Little Fizzy and Fizzette will be well schooled in these things.

ad_lucem
01-20-2010, 04:30 AM
I've never been on Depo, but my doctor recently got all clever and put me on a triphasic pill. This, despite the fact that I really don't do well on them.

By mid-month my moods were all over the place, with the compass most often pointing towards homicidal. I marched back into her office and told her I wanted back on my old monophasic pill right now. I guess I had that homicidal gleam in my eye because she quickly agreed. :D

Normally my mood doesn't swing much at all, but on triphasic pills...*shiver* Hell, I was scared of me! :D

I think I've tried about every kind of bc except the stuff under the skin/IUD.

One thing I learned about myself int he process: DON'T MESS WITH THE HORMONES!

I don't even want to think about what I'm going to be like when I hit the so-called "change". Maybe I should just lock myself in a bunker until the hotflashes are over for the safety of myself and society.

aadams73
01-20-2010, 04:37 AM
In fact, I am blown away by how many college aged females don't really have a clue about what is going on in those parts of their bodies during the reproductive cycle and why it all happens that way.

That's sad and worrisome. My mother did a fantastic job of putting together all kinds of literature for me when I was 10, so that I'd understand exactly what was happening(and going to happen) to my body and why.

When we studied reproduction in first year physiology, nobody snickered and giggled. I guess we were an informed and mature group.

I don't even want to think about what I'm going to be like when I hit the so-called "change". Maybe I should just lock myself in a bunker until the hotflashes are over for the safety of myself and society.

Public enemy #1. :D

backslashbaby
01-20-2010, 04:58 AM
The soldiers on my dad's base used big maxipads to protect their elbows when lying down and shooting. He told me that when the time came to say something, lol :D

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 05:39 AM
I use tampons only when I absolutely have to. In the US (and I think Australia and New Zealand) it is not required by law that tampons be sterilized. They can also be manufactured using cotton that was sprayed with pesticides.

I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I don't want an unsterilized wad of pesticide-laden cotton being shoved into my vagina by an unsterilized cardboard applicator.

Oh, and thank you Day' O for dispelling the hymen myth. It grates on my nerves every time I see somebody talk about it like it's a barrier. If it's a barrier, how does the blood get through?

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 05:46 AM
How many women who object to unsterilised cotton would put an unsterilised penis up there?

Medievalist
01-20-2010, 05:55 AM
How many women who object to unsterilised cotton would put an unsterilised penis up there?

A question to be asked, given the correlation between penis insertion and UTIs, for instance.

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 06:10 AM

Penises, for the most part, are rounded and semi-yielding. With proper lubrication, there is a much lower chance of abrasions/scratches/cuts. Cardboard applicators are hard and have a greater propensity to scratch the vaginal walls, especially during low-flow days.

Also, penises can be easily washed with soap and water getting rid of most bacteria. You can't really say the same for tampons.

As for myself, my husband knows to wash before we have sex or he isn't going anywhere near my lady bits.

ad_lucem
01-20-2010, 06:10 AM
A question to be asked, given the correlation between penis insertion and UTIs, for instance.

I'm not sure, but it couldn't possibly be a higher number than the amount of guys who would likely object to placing their member in an autoclave for the purpose of cleanliness....

rhymegirl
01-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Doesn't it seem like the OP, Plot Device, has disappeared from her own thread?

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Penises, for the most part, are rounded and semi-yielding. With proper lubrication, there is a much lower chance of abrasions/scratches/cuts. Cardboard applicators are hard and have a greater propensity to scratch the vaginal walls, especially during low-flow days.

Also, penises can be easily washed with soap and water getting rid of most bacteria. You can't really say the same for tampons.

As for myself, my husband knows to wash before we have sex or he isn't going anywhere near my lady bits.a) Use a non-applicator tampon with a rounded tip.

b) Tampons are smaller than penises. Most of them, anyway.

c) Soap and water won't stop your fanny turning green and falling out.

Silver King
01-20-2010, 06:25 AM
I think it happened right after I first showed up!

Plot often hangs out in the Politics forum, so maybe we should move this thread there and see if it gets her attention away from other discussions. :D

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 06:30 AM
a) Use a non-applicator tampon with a rounded tip.

b) Tampons are smaller than penises. Most of them, anyway.

c) Soap and water won't stop your fanny turning green and falling out.

*shrugs* Why add to the amount of bacteria if you don't have to? I'm quite happy with my menstrual cup which is easily sterilized in boiling water.

Also, I'm not sure what kind of bacteria would make a fanny turn green and fall out after introduction into a vagina, but that's a really horrendous mental image right there.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 06:35 AM
The vagina is self-cleaning. I'm not worried about using tampons because I wash, and I change the ladybullets regularly.

As for bacteria making one's fanny turn green and fall out, my point was...some women object to using a tampon, but they'll happily have unprotected sex with a guy. Me? I'd rather take my chances with a tampon than risk getting pregnant or an STI.

If it was a horrendous mental image, good. If it scares someone into using a condom instead of taking a chance with their sexual health, my job is done.

rhymegirl
01-20-2010, 06:47 AM
I think it happened right after I first showed up!

Plot often hangs out in the Politics forum, so maybe we should move this thread there and see if it gets her attention away from other discussions. :D

Ha ha! I bet it would shake up all those guys who post there.

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 06:50 AM
I think we were coming at this from different directions. I wasn't even thinking about STIs because those are an entirely different kettle of fish, to me. I was referring more to plain old bacteria on a penis which CAN be washed off with soap and water.

Yes, you are absolutely right - people who happily have unprotected sex with an untested partner can't complain about unsterilized tampons. That's just plain stupid.

Also, the pesticides used on the cotton can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream while in the vagina. So regular washing/changing of tampons isn't necessarily a deterrent.

I have also learned something new today, apparently fanny has different meanings between the US and the UK. Here it is another word for the butt. There it refers to female genitals.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 06:55 AM
If a tampon made your arse fall off, I'd be worried.

This thread is officially surreal enough to make SP's brain asplode.

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 06:57 AM
*laughs*

And that is why I thought it was such a horrendous image. I couldn't imagine what would be so horrible that it would have that effect. :D

Medievalist
01-20-2010, 07:01 AM
The FDA’s report on tampon safety (http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2000/200_tss.html)

Rep. Maloney’s Tampon Safety and Research Act (www.house.gov/maloney/issues/tamponsum.html)

The FDA’s report on "Tampons and Asbestos, Dioxin, and Toxic Shock Syndrome (http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/consumer/tamponsabs.html)"

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-20-2010, 07:29 AM

And I don't blame her. I wouldn't be here if it weren't in my contract.

If it was a horrendous mental image, good. If it scares someone into using a condom instead of taking a chance with their sexual health, my job is done.

Why did I hear a stentorian voice saying, "This has been a public service announcement..." when I read this?

.... I have also learned something new today, apparently fanny has different meanings between the US and the UK. Here it is another word for the butt. There it refers to female genitals.

Not in my part of the US! It means 'butt' here in the Heartland, too.

If a tampon made your arse fall off, I'd be worried.

This thread is officially surreal enough to make SP's brain asplode.

Mine asploded not long after it started. You're welcome to asplode over in my corner, or choose one of your own.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't think my head will asplode after all. The imigran worked, so I live to fight another day.

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Ol' Fashion Girl, I'm actually American as well and thought she meant butt. :D

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah, you should have seen my face the first time tt42 threatened to kick me in the fanny. :eek:

Anaquana
01-20-2010, 08:33 AM
LOL!!!! OUCH! *holds self and winces*

HelloKiddo
01-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, you should have seen my face the first time tt42 threatened to kick me in the fanny. :eek:

To be fair though, that would also be pretty painful.

scarletpeaches
01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
She wears steel toe-capped boots. I don't want her kicking me anywhere.

backslashbaby
01-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Fanny Pack = Bum Bag in the UK.

James81
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM

ETA: I'm not trying to bitchy(and no I don't have PMS!) but I wish guys' reaction wasn't "eeeewwwww." We're the members of the species who clean up your shit, piss and vomit when you're children, and keep our mouths shut and quietly wash the sheets when you fellas have nocturnal emissions. So there. :D

Well, I was just joking. :D

But to take your comment serious...

I take a shit everyday. It's a natural, normal bodily funciton and it's not something that most people want to seriously talk about. It's not something beautiful or magical...it's the body excreting waste from the foods I eat. It doesn't smell good, doesn't look good, and it's just generally gross. Talking about it gives people (most people) a visual image that really isn't pleasant (even if we are able to make jokes about it).

The same sort of logic applies here, I think. Sure it's a natural bodily function and anybody who is mature understand that all females do it and would be crazy to think lesser of them for it. Doesn't change the general "ick" factor and the mental image you get when you think about it.

Rarri
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM

Weight isn't as simple as what's consumed, if the endocrine system goes phut, weight can pile on or fall off without consumption being affected (thyroid disorders, diabetes etc - 'independently' of diet or exercise, weight can change). For me it was the implant; old doctor was an ass, new one listened and took the implant out, a stone of weight pretty much dropped off in about two weeks.

backslashbaby
01-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I put on noticeable weight with Depo. Mostly, I spotted every damned day, and there's just no having that.

On the weight thing, yeah, you've got to count metabolism in there. Different hormones (thyroid!) and conditions literally change the metabolism. So it can be like you started running five miles a day when you didn't, or the reverse.

And don't knock meds making you ravenous. Prednisone makes me hungry 24/7; it's bizarre feeling and very hard to fight!

Alpha Echo
01-20-2010, 06:46 PM

This is very true! And I was one of those girls! Until...relatively recently, I have to say. In part because of my SO. I think it's an emotional thing, a mental thing that held me back. With my ex-husband, I focused so much on pleasuring him because in the back of my head, I was unsure of where our relationship actually stood.

Before him...well, I just didn't care or realize how great it could be, and the boys at that age (19, 20) didn't care either. They just wanted to fuck. Soooo...

Now, however....mmmm...I know where all my pleasure spots are. ;)