PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment on arsonism/hacking

LOG
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I forget the term, it's a word that refer to the desires that compel those type of people.
Like the brat somewhere on my dorm floor that seems to get off on clogging toilets with paper...
It doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
Does anyone have any insight to offer on the behavior?

ad_lucem
01-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Compulsion, maybe? It's a difficult to control urge to do something...whether it be constant handwashing, nose-picking, setting fire to houses, or clogging toilets.

Ambrosia
01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/practicing-psychology-pinning-down-criminal-psycho.html

JimmyB27
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Clogging toilets? Meh. It's the little shits that attack fire crews and paramedics that really make me mad.
I heard a potential explanation for attacks on ambulances, namely that they're after drugs, but what could possibly be gained from attacking a fire engine?

veinglory
01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
A serial arsonist set fire to the house I was renting during the last month of completing my PhD. I had to finish it while living in a rent by the day doss house "hotel". That was "fun".

lucidzfl
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
A serial arsonist set fire to the house I was renting during the last month of completing my PhD. I had to finish it while living in a rent by the day doss house "hotel". That was "fun".

I lived in a single room in a hotel with my ex, 3 dogs and 2 cats. That was "fun" as well. If by fun you mean alcoholic depression and teetering on the lip of the volcano that looks directly into hell every single day.

kayleamay
01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Clogging toilets? Meh. It's the little shits that attack fire crews and paramedics that really make me mad.
I heard a potential explanation for attacks on ambulances, namely that they're after drugs, but what could possibly be gained from attacking a fire engine?

They're stealing Fentanyl. It happened here just a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and a couple our pharmacies have been held up at gunpoint for oxycodone. I'm seriously starting to wish they would let medical personnel carry firearms. We're not a particularly timid bunch. I bet we could solve that problem in a hurry.

semilargeintestine
01-15-2010, 09:17 PM
A fetish?

LOG
01-15-2010, 10:43 PM
They're stealing Fentanyl. It happened here just a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and a couple our pharmacies have been held up at gunpoint for oxycodone. I'm seriously starting to wish they would let medical personnel carry firearms. We're not a particularly timid bunch. I bet we could solve that problem in a hurry.
:Thumbs::Thumbs:

A fetish?
It's bad that my first thought when I read that was 'sexual fetish'.

JimmyB27
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
You see, that I understand. I don't condone it, of course, but I see their goal. The ones attacking fire fighters? Not so much. They should be allowed to use the hoses on the little ingrates. Or maybe go set fire to their houses and not help.