PDA

View Full Version : Amber eyes...

Rose English
01-14-2010, 09:54 PM
...are the rarest eye colour according to wikipedia. I confess to being fascinated by them, whether they are cat, owl or human eyes. I always want to peer closely to see exactly how the gold colours radiate...

Ahem.

Well, who else am I going to talk to about this? We're writers, and we notice things differently than other people.

Right? Right :tongue? Anybody?

semilargeintestine
01-14-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm partial to hazel eyes. My girlfriends change from blue to green depending on the day.

Wicked
01-14-2010, 10:35 PM
I like "glass eyes", like those seen in paint horses. It comes in different forms. In some the same eye is two different colors, and others both eyes are different colors.
The condition is called heterochromia.

I knew a boy in Junior High who had "glass eyes". Oh wow. I could have stared into those ice pools forever. *sigh* One of my favorite characters has those same multi-hued blue eyes.

Rose English
01-14-2010, 10:40 PM
... My girlfriends change from blue to green depending on the day.

Sweet how much you mention your girlfriend:).

Yes, I love how eyes change colour depending on mood, the light and so on. Eyes are always the first thing I notice about people.

semilargeintestine
01-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Sweet how much you mention your girlfriend:).

Yeah, people find it annoying. We spend so much time together though that I find something in pretty much every conversation that links to her. All my friends are always groaning because we'll be talking about something random, and I'll be like, "Well, Yaffe (my girlfriend) blah blah blah..." :D

Yes, I love how eyes change colour depending on mood, the light and so on. Eyes are always the first thing I notice about people.

Mine are pretty much bright blue all the time. But I'm generally happy all the time, so that makes sense.

Kateness
01-14-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't notice eyes so much. My attention is more drawn to lines at the corners of mouth and eyes; they tell so much about people.

Sophia
01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Eyes and lips are the first things I notice, too. I have to say, though, that I had no idea amber-coloured eyes existed! :e2paperba

Maryn
01-14-2010, 11:14 PM
There was a woman who used to work at the place I rented videos who had amber-yellow eyes, something like a goat's (http://media.photobucket.com/image/goat eyes/mlrosier/GoatEye.jpg)(although her pupils were round). I would stay and chat sometimes, just fascinated with those eyes.

Of course, extraordinary eyes aren't the same as beautiful eyes. Gorgeous eyes are pretty common, if you look.

Maryn, bloodshot today

aadams73
01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I love brown eyes. I collect them and keep them in a jar on my desk.

semilargeintestine
01-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Soooo many levels of grossness there.

Rose English
01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Oo, oo - darn! Got to do the school run. Back in a mo'.

LOG
01-15-2010, 12:01 AM
I like eyes, all eyes, they're useful.

bettielee
01-15-2010, 12:02 AM
I think my eyes are my best feature... but no one can see them. They look brown through my glasses, but they are green with a brown ring around the iris. Technically, hazel.

Haggis
01-15-2010, 12:54 AM

I wrote a story once about a guy who did that.

kayleamay
01-15-2010, 01:18 AM
I think my eyes are my best feature... but no one can see them. They look brown through my glasses, but they are green with a brown ring around the iris. Technically, hazel.

Mine are blue with an amber ring around the iris, which makes them technically hazel and also makes them appear green when I wear certain colors. They also are very useful....most of the time.

kayleamay
01-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Oh...I just followed the wiki link and apparently hazel eyes must be some degree of brown. Therefore my eyes are technically not hazel, but gray. Yes, I just changed my answer.

(I always thought hazel just meant they had mixed colors. Oopsy.)

bettielee
01-15-2010, 01:36 AM
we're pretty!

tjwriter
01-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Where is the wiki link?

Jersey Chick
01-15-2010, 01:43 AM
My eyes are a yellow-green around the pupil, and morph into dark green toward the perimeter. They change with what I wear as well - some days they look turquoise, other days pure green. I'm a freak. ;)

My son's eyes are hazel - green in one light, brown in another - a mishmash of both at times as well.

My daughter's eyes are so brown they are almost black. Yet she's blonde and fair skinned, like me. :D

shakeysix
01-15-2010, 01:48 AM
a viet namese friend told me that back in the sixties when american soldiers first came to his province there was a soldier with very blonde hair and very light gray eyes. my friend and his buddies, all asians, used to think that if they looked this guy in the eye they could see into his brain. it is a funny story when he tells it--s6

kayleamay
01-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Where is the wiki link?

Well, I started with that goat's eye link up yonder...and ended up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

(Psst...Bettie, we'll do the "we're pretty" dance later, when no one is looking. ;) )

tjwriter
01-15-2010, 01:53 AM
My eyes are green with flecks, but most people think they are brown. My oldest has green eyes, too, but it's lighter than mine and they seem to have a blue rim on the outside.

My husband has blue eyes marbled with silver. They look like storm clouds. They are gorgeous and intriguing. I think Kid Two's eyes are going look like his. They seem to be staying a very stormy blue so far.

I love eyes. They tell you so much.

tjwriter
01-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Well, I started with that goat's eye link up yonder...and ended up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

(Psst...Bettie, we'll do the "we're pretty" dance later, when no one is looking. ;) )
Oh, I can't view photobucket at work, so I didn't click.

painkillers
01-15-2010, 02:01 AM
My eyes are blue and apparently change colour according to my mood. I dunno about that, I'm always on the other side so i can't see.

An ex-giirlfriend had hazel eyes with what looked like flecks of gold in them. She's anglo-indian

bettielee
01-15-2010, 03:10 AM

but of course!

bclement412
01-15-2010, 03:22 AM
My eyes are either navy, green, gray or a mix of all 3 depending on the day. It's strange.

aadams73
01-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Now I've got Eye of the Tiger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4)prowling around inside my head...

In an odd turn of genetic events, in my gargantuan family I have the darkest eyes while my sister has the lightest. Mine are dark, dark brown while hers are a delicate pale grey.

aadams73
01-15-2010, 03:38 AM
I wrote a story once about a guy who did that.

Yes, I stole them from him.

backslashbaby
01-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Mine are usually a color that I can't tell among grey, green and blue. They are more green than that often and never totally blue, so I go with green.

Very many people have gorgeous eyes, I find.

My favorites are amberish or greyish eyes with people of color. I've noticed that Iranians and Azjerbajanis [sp?] have those combinations a lot.

My great-grandmother was a fullblood Muscogee with grey eyes, they say.

Rose English
01-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Urgh - dealing with small child throwing a wobbly - can.not.type.yet-

Rose English
01-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Eyes and lips are the first things I notice, too. I have to say, though, that I had no idea amber-coloured eyes existed! :e2paperba

I've only met a few people with true amber eyes, they are very striking. I was at a doctors office once eavesdropping on a mother and son who had amber or pale hazel eyes and someone commented on how pretty they were. The mother replied that they were known as - but I couldn't hear what she said. Curses!

Gorgeous eyes are pretty common, if you look.

Maryn, bloodshot today

Agreed! I can tell you what colour eyes anyone I meet has, whereas my husband wouldn't notice.

LOL - so if she offers you a gobstopper one day...

My eyes are a yellow-green around the pupil, and morph into dark green toward the perimeter. They change with what I wear as well - some days they look turquoise, other days pure green. I'm a freak. ;)

My son's eyes are hazel - green in one light, brown in another - a mishmash of both at times as well.

My daughter's eyes are so brown they are almost black. Yet she's blonde and fair skinned, like me. :D

Wow, every colour in your family! Nature is so cool!

a viet namese friend told me that back in the sixties when american soldiers first came to his province there was a soldier with very blonde hair and very light gray eyes. my friend and his buddies, all asians, used to think that if they looked this guy in the eye they could see into his brain. it is a funny story when he tells it--s6

I've a Chinese friend who wanted to stare at really blue eyes...

My husband has blue eyes marbled with silver. They look like storm clouds. They are gorgeous and intriguing...
I love eyes. They tell you so much.

Yes! It seems I am not alone in my fascination with eyes. I remember reading a parenting message board once about 'adorable things your child says' and a child said to his mother, "mummy you've got fireworks in your eyes," - so poetic!

An ex-giirlfriend had hazel eyes with what looked like flecks of gold in them. She's anglo-indian

That sounds gorgeous. How can people notice, I dunno, hands, or shoes first when eyes have so many variations? :D

Rose English
01-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Now I've got Eye of the Tiger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4)prowling around inside my head...

...and the last. known. surv-ivor stalks his prey in the night - Aargh, 80's flashback (but tiger's eyes are so beautiful).

...favorites are amberish or greyish eyes with people of color. I've noticed that Iranians and Azjerbajanis [sp?] have those combinations a lot.

Yes, I've seen the pale skin, very dark hair and amber eyes combination more than any other. I remember reading a book where the MMC was described as indian with topaz eyes (forget which book) and that conjured up a wonderful image for me.

Oh, and the more I look into it, the more it seems amber eyes are favoured for characters in fantasy novels. I thought most readers couldn't care less what colour a characters eyes were. Unless they're me, in which case they're fixated. Wonder if there's a name for it?

Ocular _? :D

semilargeintestine
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
That sounds gorgeous. How can people notice, I dunno, hands, or shoes first when eyes have so many variations? :D

My girlfriend's eyes were what got me. We made eye contact, and I couldn't look away, lol.