Celtx opening wrong draft

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
This hurts my brain, just to let you know upfront. I'm on Mac Tiger, switching hard drives and I downloaded the latest version of celtx after looking for an answer to this riddle. I drag the whole folder off my old Mac onto my backup disk and then onto my current Mac. It opens an OLD version of my script! I check the script-BwR.html and the right file is there with my MANY changes and updates, and just for fun I close celtx and open it from the backup disc itself. No luck. On the old Mac it works fine. I have not had upload access since they started charging, so shoot me.
On the celtx forum the admin suggested I "create a new project, then unzip and replace tne new script and scratch pad files in the new project, with your current script file. Simply give the script-BwR.html file the same file name as found in the new file." Well, HTF do you do that?
The good news is the draft I want is saved as a PDF. I could copy, paste, and spend hours re-editing and fixing the formatting (which seems harder than it did in 2.0 for some reason). But I'm curious why it didn't do this, it would make sense.
Anyway, if anyone has an answer that would be great. Thanks a lot.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
aaaaaaaaaaaaand a followup. Long story short, the old file was corrupt so I upgraded on the new computer and copy / pasted from the PDF file. And spent a couple days proofreading, re-editing and generally tweaking it into shape. The end.

Or is it? :rolleyes: