PDA

View Full Version : Game Review Writer [$6/400 words]

caschwan
01-14-2010, 05:40 AM
We are looking for a game review writer for our Multiplayer Hub game review site. We are currently hosting a gaming forum and would like to extend the site with a review section. The review part of the site is focused on online and indie games as well as general game news (for PC). We are trying to publish about 5-7 articles per week.

Game review article requirements:
- English
- ~400 words
- minimum 2 screenshots
- optional video
- assign your rating to the game

Please note, we will occasionally ask you to review specific games, but you will mostly be responsible for suitable games/news for the review. You choose which game you like to review. We will provide you with a web interface (wordpress), so you can enter your review online.

Your reviews will be posted here:
http://www.multiplayerhub.com/review

If you are interested in writing game reviews and get paid, then email us at contact(at)multiplayerhub(dot)com. Please include samples of your writing. We can afford $6/article at this point (PayPal only, payment within 72h).

CACTUSWENDY
01-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

icerose
01-14-2010, 07:41 AM
So I'm confused, so hopefully you can clarify. Are you asking people to go out and pay 50 bucks for a game so you can pay them 6 to review it, or are you buying the games for them to review?

Thanks.

caschwan
01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
So I'm confused, so hopefully you can clarify. Are you asking people to go out and pay 50 bucks for a game so you can pay them 6 to review it, or are you buying the games for them to review?No, not at all.

The focus of the site is on indie as well free games. Getting a review copy (for free) is usually not a problem for those games.

There lots of sites that already review the big commercial games. Although fun, reviewing the same games again does not make sense to us. There are actually quite a lot of indie games that are hardly reviewed at all. The current as well as future goal of the site is to give more attention to independent developers.

I hope that explains it?

icerose
01-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate it.

PhoenixAngel
01-16-2010, 02:19 AM
If it was for xbox 360 I could help you, but my computer's so junky it can't play games.

caschwan
01-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Depending on how things unfold, we are planning to add other platforms (inlcuding XBox) in the future, however, for now the focus is more on higher quality indie desktop/web based games.

Fatal Serenity
01-20-2010, 12:59 AM
What rights do you buy? I'm assuming this would be first electronic rights.

Izz
01-20-2010, 03:44 AM
Depending on how things unfold, we are planning to add other platforms (inlcuding XBox) in the future, however, for now the focus is more on higher quality indie desktop/web based games.Just to clarify further, if i can :) When you mention web based games, are you talking free MMORPG-style games like Evony or do you also mean the types of games you can find at games.com or msngames?

caschwan
01-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Just to clarify further, if i can :) When you mention web based games, are you talking free MMORPG-style games like Evony or do you also mean the types of games you can find at games.com or msngames?
Both! The goal is to have an interesting spectrum of games. The game can be web based or downloadable. The target platform is PC/Windows.

DarkDesireX
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm already working with this group and thus far it's been a pleasant experience. I did my first review on something I knew (Pet Society via Facebook) and after that was uploaded (I was paid immediately AND for the full 6$, PayPal fees covered by them) they asked me for something in particular. I haven't turned it in yet, as I want to get a solid feel for the game before I do so, but I've got no complaints.

caschwan
02-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback Dark Desire! Anyhow, we would like to add 1 or 2 more reviewers to the hub, so if you are interested please contact us now.

By the way, if you want to have a look before you decide, visit the multiplayerhub at http://www.multiplayerhub.com. The review section is now officially gone live.

LewisDoe
02-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi. E-mail sent. I hope I can help you out. Thanks.

Lewis

JoshW
02-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Thank you. Just sent an email as well.

caschwan
03-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks for everyone that applied! We now have all our positions filled.

I will make an other announcement here, when we have more positions open. My apologies for the ones that were too late.