thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Memo

To: Whoever invented multi-player video games that can be played via the internet and involve communication through headsets, voice commands, etc.

FUCK YOU.

Thanks No. Really. Fuck you.
Lori

*headdesk* My husband is enthralled with Modern Warfare. He also has a voice that could carry through a lead bunker, we live in a tiny apartment, and my "noise-canceling" headphones don't. My office door is closed, but I can't get away from it. Nothing quite like trying to write a steamy sex scene with someone intermittently yelling out "Look out! He's on your six!", "Damn it, he got me", and "Camper behind the pickup truck" every few seconds, in between taunting teammates and opponents.

*sigh*

*adds truly noise-canceling headphones to shopping list*

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Ha ha ha! It's funny you bring this up, because my boyfriend is addicted to this game. He tires of the chatter too, and turns on his earpiece and lays it on the table to not have to listen to the chatter on the game. He bought it originally to do what your husband does, but there are too many punks on there that just say stupid and annoying shit. BTW...he's splat340, if your man ever comes across him. :D

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
He has headphones...but that doesn't help with his voice.
Oh his voice is the problem...
Threaten to shove the microphone donw his throat if he doesn't tone it down?
Alternatively, you could knock him unconscious, physical trauma or pills, your choice, burn the headphones, and tell him he passed out while playing the game... Simultaneously, he also apparently attained memory loss as the headphones are gone forever. Be sure to act very sad that they're gone :p

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Oh his voice is the problem...
Threaten to shove the microphone donw his throat if he doesn't tone it down?
Alternatively, you could knock him unconscious, physical trauma or pills, your choice, burn the headphones, and tell him he passed out while playing the game... Simultaneously, he also apparently attained memory loss as the headphones are gone forever. Be sure to act very sad that they're gone :p

I've considered all these things. :D

In all seriousness, we've worked out kind of a schedule...he plays while I'm taking a break from writing in the evenings, or if he wants to play during the day, I go to the library. (I showed him this thread...he LOL'ed.)

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. I planning to buy headset too. One day. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
The reason your husband might be talking so loud is that he has trouble hearing himself when he's wearing the headset. I had the same problem with my youngest boy until I got him a better quality unit (Turtle Beach X31). Now he can hear himself speak directly through the microphone and talks in a normal voice while playing instead of yelling his head off.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I'm ordering a case for the next time my sons are home from college. :D