Magna Roma (Star Trek)

quixote100104

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings :),

I'm working on extending and fleshing out Magna Roma (the world Kirk and company got stuck on in the original Trek episode "Bread & Circuses"), writing it forward into the DS9/Dominion War era as either a Federation member world or ally. I'd love to work with someone (or several someones ;-) ) with a strong knowledge of ancient Roman culture here on Earth on this, as this is a weak area for me.

Anyone interested, please drop me a line at [email protected]

quixote100104

Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what are your intentions for this?
I write in (and run) online Star Trek "simms", which are a sort of hybrid of role-plaing games and collaborative writing. Participants take on specific characters and interact as in an RPG, but there are few rules and no task-resolution mechanics, so it's more like collaborative writing.

Anyway, I'd like to flesh out Magna Roma as a world and a culture to use both in the general background and also for characters from there. I've done a little of that, and some research, but it's always more fun and effective to work with someone for whom the specific topic is a special passion. For me, anyway ;-).

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Oh, good. As someone who's written for Star Trek (books, not the TV show, darn it) I just wanted to make sure you weren't preparing an entire story to pitch to Pocket Books.

They work off of "pitches" that have to be approved before any actual writing is done, so I didn't want you to go to long efforts only to find out what you'd done wasn't going to be approved by them.