Your car tires can kill you, if they haven't already

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
<TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>Car tires - boring, right? Yeah, but for your safety, check this out. I forwarded this to my immediate family, but let's face it, it ain't funny, sexy, or thought-provoking, so I debated whether or not I should post it here. I think my AW family is worth it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Moon, are you sure this thread title is correct? The "email" part threw me off, unless you mean you've emailed this video to others.

If you'd like, we can tweak the title so that it's more specific to the topic of this discussion, which might help draw more views than the current heading.

We can also leave it the way it is if you prefer.

MoonWriter

Registered
Reaction score
SK, I received the video link in an email. If it's confusing, please feel free to change it. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
SK, I received the video link in an email. If it's confusing, please feel free to change it. :)
How about, Your car tires can kill you, if they haven't already.

Now that's a snappy sounding thread title that will get people's attention, I think.

MoonWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Down the road - that's good. :roll: Thanks for the offer, SK, but people will "tire the change." Anyway, if most are like LOG, it's no new info. I thought there were more people like me who know little more about cars than how to fuel them.

Danalynn

NEVER give up!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

I had never heard of this either and had always wondered what those numbers meant. Very, very interesting!

I'm really glad you shared this, and I'll be sure to pass it along.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Zombies are no joke. I'm certain that after the zombie apocalypse, the first ones attacked will be the car and tire companies followed shortly by cell phone companies.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't killed, obviously, but I know what it's like to lose the tread from my tires at highway speed. Not fun at all.

And if any of you folks drive with "all season radials," they aren't good in any season except summer past about 30k. I bought a car with 24K mileage, and had to replace the tires at 42K, which is nowhere near what the manufacturers say even cheap tires should last.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I had tires on the cargo van I drove that lasted over 100,000 mostly highway miles, the tread was getting pretty well worn, though. They were the original factory tires. Oh, how I don't miss those driving days.