NFL Playoffs

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So... nobody here has a team left or...? I expected this place to be, well, not lively, but surely not a morgue either.

Anywho... at least for a few more days, GO COWBOYS!

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Ah...anyone but the Cowboys. Texas doesn't need any more encouragement.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All right all right. That's a little more like it...

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a Jets fan, but I like this team. They'll probably lose to SD, but you never know. Defense is king in the playoffs.

Link

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
If Indy beats Baltimore, I think they can go all the way.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I can't believe I'm saying this, because ordinarily, I despise the Jets - but now, I'd like to see them do something. The Giants sucked, I hate Dallas with a passion (the guy across the street has had his stupid Dallas flag up for three weeks grrrr.... :D It's payback for us having our Giants one up a few years ago.)

So I want the Jets to win it all. :D

Or the Colts.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm just loving the good football. I thought Wild Card Weekend was mostly a disaster except for the Cardinals/Packers game.

I used to be a Redskins fan, because that's my hometown, but after fifteen years of ugly football, I am no longer the same person. So, right now, I'm only dedicated to fun football and am losing my tolerance for stupid penalties.

I can't wait for the playoffs - Colts, Saints, Vikings, Chargers, Cardinals, Cowboys -- it's all good.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Ha! I talked to a philly coach today. He definitely didn't want to have to talk to a Cowboys fan! LOL I wanted to tell him how much they sucked, but I had to be nice and professional.

Go Cowboys!

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I talked to a philly coach today. He definitely didn't want to have to talk to a Cowboys fan! LOL I wanted to tell him how much they sucked, but I had to be nice and professional.

Go Cowboys!

Amen man. Something about those damn Eagles--or maybe everything about them--makes beating them so, so satisfying.

Now we have to see if the 'Boys can get pressure on Favre and force him to throw a pick or two early.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Amen man. Something about those damn Eagles--or maybe everything about them--makes beating them so, so satisfying.

Now we have to see if the 'Boys can get pressure on Favre and force him to throw a pick or two early.

That sounds good to me.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I watch football simply to see a team that I dislike lose. And if they get their asses kicked and blown out, all the better.

For example, this weekend, I'll be rooting against Dallas and Indy.

The Cowboys, for over a decade now, haven't been worth a crap. It's only through sheer PR work (aka MONEY) and the NFL's desire to keep them in front of a national audience (again, for MONEY), that anyone outside of their market even knows they exist. I don't care much for the Vikings, either, but I'd love to see them bury Dallas so far into the turf that they'd have to bring out one giant, Texas-sized headstone to mark the place of internment for future generations to cry or laugh over.

As for the Colts, what do you say about a team that folds on purpose? Isn't there a law against throwing games in professional sports? Or does that only apply when interested parties are gambling on the outcome?

Either way, to ditch a highly probable perfect season that was easily within their grasp in favor of resting their players is unconscionable. Don't those men get paid to play during the regular season, or is there some kind of clause I don't know about that preserves them for the playoffs? And what about the fans, or even the average Joe or Jane on the street, who deserves the best product each team should bring to the field? Don't they matter as well?

Anyway, screw Indy and the "rested" colt they rode in on. I hope they get their asses kicked, too.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Don't get me started on them. The only reason they're in the playoffs, the only one, is that both Indy and Cincy pussed out and gave them the last two games of their season without a fight.

The Jets will go where they belong, back home, and never reach the Big One this year.

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with you there, but I'm rooting against the team that sent Eli to the Giants. This guy is not the man, and that Superbowl was the biggest fluke in the history of sports.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know how many years of him we're going to have to suffer for that fluke?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
So, as you can see, I have to root for New Jersey.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
So, as you can see, I have to root for New Jersey.
You know who looked really good last week, and the one team I'd be soiling myself if I had to face? The freaking Ravens. They don't even need a quarterback most of the time. Now that's scary.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Today will be hard for me, at least at the beginning. The Saint/Cardinals game will cause me much angsty ambivalence. I love them both, but I think I ultimately have to root for the Saints and Drew Brees. It will be an inner turmoil to hope against the lovely and talented Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and the most frightening man in all of football - Anquan Boldin.

Tonight, will not present much of a moral dilemma. But I can promise you, no one wants to know me if the Ravens win.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Arizona might fire their defensive coordinator at halftime. This is abysmal...