How did you find the fellow writers you "click" with?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If you have a writing friend who you've clicked with in terms of what and how you write, would you share how your relationship came to be? I realized that I've been in on-line writing forums for around fifteen years hoping for it to happen, and I haven't managed it, so I'm beginning to have the faintest inklings of a suspicion that I could be doing something wrong! :e2hammer:

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
All the writers I've clicked with have written things vastly different from me. But, I'm still able to learn things from them, and they inspire me to keep writing.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Here. I found the writers I click with best right here on AW. Damien (dgrintalis) and Kara (KMMcelhinny)... they are the best. As for what they write, I'd just about devour anything they come up with. They're both good, although vastly different. I can talk to them about anything--neither of them are ever too busy, or too stuck in their own stuff to talk me through something, writing or personal. They are both my friends and I adore them. I has teh lurves for them.

However, amongst the horror hounds, it seems like I found a group to affirm that I am most definitely not as insane as I seem. It's a kind of kinship where we're all nuts. ;) The Hounds are great and I have fun talking to them or reading what they've put on the forum.

AW cowboy, CDaniel, I've known for longer. He, AngelRoseDarke and SCDenton and I all came here from the Writer's Digest forums at around the same time (I found AW and was like "OMG, guys check this forum out!!"). Danny boy is my buddy, writes westerns and is a hoot to talk to. Angel writes non-fic and Steve writes horror. They're good peoples.

I don't know any writers in real life.

LostInReality

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karlanellenbach-lastword.blogspot.com
To echo EF...Here. I found the best beta here on like my third day with AW. She and I write somewhat different but not so much that we don't click. So, for me, I guess it was just dumb luck, although I prefer to call it good timing, and keen observation! So yeah...dumb luck! :)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I found all my writer friends here. I started on the bottom and got comfortable. :D

Here's the weird thing. In RL I get along with women better than men, and somehow that followed me into the internet. I don't get it, but it's the way it is.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I don't look for writers that write the same. I click with writers who have the same personality. Writers are great writing buddies across any genre. In fact (IMO) I think it is better when they don't write the same thing. Less competition that way. ;)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
In terms of what and how I should write? Mine's a strange genre to start with, so I've had more success with betas than I thought, but it's hard to discuss. You just have to read it, usually.

That said, I love so much of the advice on this forum. And agree with it :)

Is your writing an unusual genre or anything? Some ways of writing aren't going to excite evryone, but it doesn't mean they are bad :) Necessarily ;) ;)

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I have a few beta readers.

One is from AW (I did a beta of her stuff in SYW, and things just clicked).
Two are from one of my day jobs.
Another I've known for years, met through a mutual friend.

Mostly, I found people I was comfortable with, and chose to work closely with them. It's worked out very well.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I'll let you know when it happens. =(

I shouldn't say that,... there are a few writers here that I get along with really well. We encourage each other and are very supportive of each other. Our styles and perhaps our genres are different. Finding just the right like-minded person in my genre is difficult, finding a beta is appearing impossible.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I get along best with the teens here, plus my beta readers :). I'd be nowhere without you guys. :)

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and you smell funny too!

Nice manners, babe! No wonder you don't 'click' with anyone.

:D

ETA: On a more serious note, I have to say that the first thing I look for in a fellow writer to click with is large breastses'es'. That's key.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: On a more serious note, I have to say that the first thing I look for in a fellow writer to click with is large breastses'es'. That's key.

Sooooooooooo, are you sayin' you wanna be my *friend* ????

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have to give myself a D ...

...I know, I know, it's a curse sometimes.

** Blushes **

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I have to say that the first thing I look for in a fellow writer to click with is large breastses'es'. That's key.

*Whew!* That's the best news I've had all day! =)

(I'm low on the bunneh "clicking" scale =)

Reaction score
I PM'd thethinker42 to ask for her email address "because I have some photos of Joaquin I think you might like."

And lo! A legend was born.

Our bond was formed in blood and mancandy, and you all envy us. So nyar!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got any pics of Johnny Depp? ;)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
A little eye-candy for the Wabbit:

(don't get too crazy now)

donkey.jpg

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I ask cause I don't really know. Is it "Click with" or "Clique with"

Those in a clique click. Whereas not all people who click are in a Clique.

And, when in California..

Click it, or ticket.