How low can you go?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
The temp. I mean. What were you thinkin'? :D Our temp here in Florida is 25 and that's way too cold for us thin-skinned Floridians. What about your temp. Stay warm 'n cozy indoors, k. Drink hot cocoa! :Hug2:s for warmth.

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the forecasters were predicting 16 and 13 as the lows for this weekend here, but I think 18/19 is as low as it got (or will be tonight).

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's currently 16 in Nashville. We've been several degrees below normal for the past couple of weeks, including a little snow last week.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Way too cold, guyz. We better stock up on extra hats, mittens, socks and long johns, yeah, the dessert kind too. :D

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
It's about freezing here and it's going to stay like this for the next two weeks. Absolutely balmy coming from Edmonton.

Pyrohawk

Aspiring author
Registered
Reaction score
Columbus OH...grew up on a farm in Greenfield OH.
Way too cold, guyz. We better stock up on extra hats, mittens, socks and long johns, yeah, the dessert kind too. :D

Especially the dessert kind. Mmmmm my favorite pastry/donut.

Its lows in the teens all week here. Including right now a temp of 13. Last week was worse...it dropped in to single digits for a couple nights.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well there goes another reason to live in Florida.
12 here in CT. What I love is that earlier today I was happy we hadn't had any really bad deep freeze days. Yeah, go ahead and blame me, everyone else does.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Cold enough that I never could convince myself to get off my butt and go running today. :/ Which really stinks because goodness knows I needed to. I'm even in my running clothes. Argh. Maybe I'll go do 3k. Might make it back before it gets dark. *hates the cold*

(for the record...above freezing but I don't have central heating!)

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it was - 32 C in where my parents live and it's not lowest even. Many years back, there been - 40 C even.
I heard some American scientiest had figured out that there will be high score cold this winter, so is this happening already? Will February be colder?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
It's definitely been a lot colder this winter even here. I keep hoping for snow. If it's gonna be dipping down to freezing at night I want snow, darn it!

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Damn you and your good weather ;)

We seem to be getting to around minus ten at night (though there's been much worse, i hear) and zero through the day, though that's not including wind chill. Despite that, our toddler refuses to wear anything but his nappy during the day (apart from when we go out, ha ha).

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... coldest it gets around here is in the single digits. Don't recall its ever dipping below zero. It's been in the teens at night here for the last week or so. Forecaster says it's gonna warm up toward the end of the week. Will believe it when I see it ;-)

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
It was a tropical 3C on my way to work this morning - it was around -8C on my way to work all last week. The ice is finally melting and it's amazing how mild 3C feels after weeks of minus temperatures.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
13 degrees this morning when I left for work. But it's supposed to get warmer - like 50 I think - on Wednesday for a few days! It'll feel like spring!

Kaitie - I believe that if it's this damn cold, we might as well be getting enough snow and ice to keep us from having to go to work!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I hate cold more than I hate anything in this world. I'm seeing all minus temps lately and I'm sick of it. In Lamu, I was seeing 113F/45C temps and ABSOLUTELY LOVING it! Since my return, I had at least one day that was -4F/-18C. My favorite temp would be about 104F/40C. Anything less than 89.6F/32C is TOO COLD for yours truly.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, KTC, and you live in Canada? I hate cold too. I would much, much, MUCH rather be hot and sweaty than cold and shivering. But I thought when I was in the Bahamas, that was perfection. Cool, breezy mornings; sunny, 85 degree days; cool (like 70 maybe?) nights. Perfect.