Status
Not open for further replies.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
So last Thursday I finally splurged and bought a PS3 with a few games like GTA IV, Smack Down vs Raw 2010, FIFA 08 and was looking for racing games to play two-player or more with, not online.

I bought Race Driver: Grid because the multiplayer was pretty good in the previous versions for PS2 - but I didn't look at the back, just assuming it would be at least two players.

Of course, I got home and saw otherwise which was pretty astounding. Leaving out the feature was pretty dumb in my opinion.

So went shopping again today and found that most racing games are only 1 player, which made me think this is even dumber. Even the new Need for Speed games don't have offline multiplayer.

Why?!

Ended buying a pre-owned copy of NFS: Carbon and the new Motorstorm: Pacific Island or whatever. But kind of pissed off that so many games don't have offline multiplayer.

Anyone seriously know why this is? Too expensive to develop? Trying to force us to play online multiplayer? Just dumb?

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
Get used to it. I've gotten fed up with the lack of offline multiplayer, too. The newest Red Faction game is a travesty. Red Faction 2 had some of the most fun multiplayer I've ever had the pleasure of playing for hours, yet they killed offline multiplayer from Guerrilla.

Ever since such online hits as WoW, CoD, and Halo, many game devs are focusing on multiplayer and neglecting those of us who want quality solo experiences(speaking mostly from an MMO viewpoint there, though.)

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Seems dumb from their POV too though. PS3 would make more money off buying multiple controllers if you had better offline multiplayer. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 has awesome multiplayer, which stands out above the other games.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Seems dumb from their POV too though. PS3 would make more money off buying multiple controllers if you had better offline multiplayer. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 has awesome multiplayer, which stands out above the other games.
That only affects Sony themselves though; most game developers aren't going to care how many controllers Sony sell.
Wait for GT5 to come out - made by Sony. :D

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
GT5 is only going to come out with two-player split-screen, from what I've heard.

I've been playing MotorStorm which is awesome 4-player split-screen. Wish there were more games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.