PDA

View Full Version : What does your username mean?

Gretad08
01-10-2010, 08:38 AM
I know some of you use your real names, so no need to explain there, but I'm curious about the rest. (some specifically, so hopefully they visit this thread :) )

My daughter's name is Greta Darling and she was born in 2008. My real name is Ashley.

What about the rest of ya?

charlotte49ers
01-10-2010, 08:40 AM
It's been my username since I started planning my wedding in '04. I went to UNC - Charlotte and so did my husband. He played basketball there, so I was a fan, thus charlotte49ers.

Not that exciting. :)

semilargeintestine
01-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Another word for large intestine is "colon." Not hard to figure it out. :D

Tepelus
01-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Mine is Romanian, meaning "little impaler". I guess you can tell from my user name that I'm into the history of Vlad Tepes. But I'm not Romanian, I just have an interest in that country, and in Hungary as well.

maxmordon
01-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Maxmordón is a medieval Spanish word from unknown origin meaning someone insignificant who passes unnoticed.

firedrake
01-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm a bad-tempered old dragon, especially before my first cup of coffee.

jennontheisland
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
my name is jenn. when I registered, I lived on an island.

augusto
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I looked up at the calendar while registering.

Xelebes
01-10-2010, 10:05 AM
When I was in grade 9, the whole grade sought out a way to fund our junior high grad. We had a wakeathon and during this wakeathon, we had the computer labs. I don't know how but we managed to play Duke Nukem 3D in school so we played Duke Nukem for the whole night. I needed a login name.

Now I need to let you know that, at the time, I was a huge Greek mythology geek AND a huge geography geek. So when I wanted to choose the name of the three-headed hound of Hades, I wanted Cerberus. However, being the geography geek and having a documented working memory deficit, I chose the old name of an island in Indonesia, Celebes now Sulawesi. After playing the whole night with this name, I grew attached to it. But coming home and thumbing through the daily leafing through the antiquated atlas from the 80's, I realised my error. Over the course of a year, Celebes evolved to Xelebes, just to make the connection less obvious.

thethinker42
01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
The Thinker is from The X-Files. 42 is the meaning of life.

Albedo of Zero
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
When I started playing in poetry, I was told that poetry comes from reflections of life. I'm sure my poetry has to do with some reflection on my life, but mostly, I like to play with words.

Albedo is a measurement of reflection; 0 albedo is total black or no reflection, hence, my username—tongue-in-cheek.

BTW, the albedo of the Earth is a wavering 0.367.

Susie
01-10-2010, 05:00 PM
:nothing

Gawd, meh name is boring! :D

eyeblink
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Eyeblink is the title of an old stalled novel of mine which I'll go back to one day.

Eldritch
01-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Eldritch means ghostly, unearthly, spooky, strange--all the things I love to read and write about. It's also the way a lot of people pronounce my last name.

Fran
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I seriously lack imagination. :)

I thought about going with the full Sunday version, Franchesca, but I'm really just Fran. I'm only Franchesca when I'm dressed up all pretty and trying to be a sophisticated grown-up.

Parametric
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
When I joined up, I'd just finished studying maths - including parametric equations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_equation). :)

sadron
01-10-2010, 06:08 PM
From my fantasy book, a high moon elven name Sadron, and now my Sith character's name. It's selfmade name.

Ken
Maxmordón is a medieval Spanish word from unknown origin meaning someone insignificant who passes unnoticed.

... cool. Can relate :-)
One of my favorite, related, words is supernumerary: a person who appears in a play or film without speaking lines or as part of a crowd; walk-on; extra. (from dictionary. com)

Ambrosia
Ambrosia means nectar or food of the gods... which I believe writing to be -- and I am a fantasy nut. :D

Mr Flibble
01-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm always outted as an idiot at some point, because I have these funny five minutes and then.....

This name saves time.

seun
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Depending where you look, seun is either Irish, Scottish or Nigerian with various meanings.

I take the meaning for good luck or charm. I used it in a couple of my early books and liked the sound of it.

sohalt
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
sohalt = "just because" in German. (rather colloquial)

Having to fill in things sometimes puts me in an uncommunicative mood.

Annayna
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Annayna I have no idea lol.. Just came to me one day

Pyrohawk
01-10-2010, 06:52 PM
When I was younger I was a huge Falconry nut. I used to bring books about it to school and I had a friend of mine who was a falconer (I wasn't old enough, only like 14) bring in his hawk and do a demonstration in the school gym for my classmates. Thus, I had this really cool teacher who started calling me Hawk. That became my nickname for that year and that teacher still calls me that any time he sees me.

Then in my later years of High School I got really in to Amateur Pyrotechnics. Like the serious kind, I have a stock pile of chemicals and tools and buid aerial shells and rockets and such. I'm actually quite good and can make pretty much any kind of firework and can do most effects though with questionable success sometimes :P But anyway because of that my friends started calling me Pyro.

When I joined this pyrotechnics forum, which ironically has teh exact same format and color as this one..... I just combined the two nicknames of Hawk and Pyro into Pyrohawk. Then I realized that would be a Phoenix so I started using that as my symbol and it stuck.... here I am.

Edit: Jeeesh....why do I always feel the need to write an epic essay to answer questions everyone else answers in a sentence. I should have just wrote.... Its a combo of two nicknames I've had in my life. Guess I just like to hear myself talk.

Albedo
01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I swear to God I didn't steal Albedo of Zero's name! I didn't even know he/she existed when I joined. I just took letters out of my first and last name to spell a word.

Priene
01-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm actually an ancient Ionian city (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priene).

scarletpeaches
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I like Gone with the Wind and Captain Scarlet.

And one of my exes said I had an arse like a peach.

Hence, scarletpeaches, which in turn led to my pen name - Scarlett Parrish. I just thought it sounded like my AW username, and Scarlett is a good name for an erotica novelist.

Jersey Chick
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm from New Jersey and Jersey Girl was already taken.

Besides, I like Chick. Chick is cool. She's the one hanging out with the T-Birds, smoking cigarettes and stealing car parts.

**coughcough not that I ever did either of those things coughcough**

:D

And my first name's dull.

Rarri
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
My username arose (many years ago) because i like fast cars but wasn't going to use Ferrari as a username (despite preferring Lamborghinis, go figure), so shortened the name and moved an 'r'.

I do have a real name though, other than 'Muuuuummy'. :)

MissAimee
01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Amy is how I spell my real name, but I wanted to spell it different since there was a few Amy's on the board already.

regdog
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
reggie was my most beloved cat who passed away. He was dog-like than cat

rhymegirl
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm a girl and I like to rhyme. I really do it all the time.

Adam
01-10-2010, 09:14 PM
When I first started messing about in online gaming, I was informed by my bestest buddy that I needed a "cool name to use on all the games and forums."

Adam (me) + Asmodeus (big 'ole demon) + a "Z" (cos they're cool, duh) = Adzmodeus :)

It stuck, and I now use it pretty much everywhere that needs a username. ;)

rhymegirl
01-10-2010, 09:30 PM
When I first started messing about in online gaming, I was informed by my bestest buddy that I needed a "cool name to use on all the games and forums."

Adam (me) + Asmodeus (big 'ole demon) + a "Z" (cos they're cool, duh) = Adzmodeus :)

Interesting. I always wondered about your username.

I thought the Modeus part sounded like a famous conductor or something.

Paper & Pencil
01-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I hit one of my periodic "I'll write poetry" phases and wrote a poem about paper and souls and pencil lead being like blood (I think, I forget how the thing went). Paper & Pencil just kind of came out of that.

jvc
01-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm boring, they're my initials :)

underthecity
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I registered at AW some months after my first book (http://www.allensedge.com/cincinnatisubwaybookimage.gif) came out.

The subject was a subway, hence something that existed underneath a city.

No deep meanings there, I'm boring that way.

On another note, because I write history, some people (on AW) have told me they thought I was an "old fogy." Not that old yet. I'm 39.

JLCwrites
01-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Turkey is a nickname passed around my family. Kinda like calling someone a goofball. Like Adzmodeus, its a name I used while online gaming and still use on forums.

Besides.. Chicken Lickin' and Loosey Goosey aren't nearly as cool sounding.

Fran
01-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Jebediah Vergilius Crumblebottom. :D

Adam
01-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Interesting. I always wondered about your username.

I thought the Modeus part sounded like a famous conductor or something.

I ain't that cultured. ;)

jvc
01-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Okay, how'd you find that out? :guns:

Ellefire
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Elle - female, and 'L' which is my initial
Fire - because I have a temper.

I am Ellefire / Elle all over the web. Except for the other ellefire on the web, who isn't me. (But is probably younger, prettier and can't writes as well as I does :P )

Fran
01-10-2010, 11:07 PM

I have tiny elf spies everywhere. :D

rhymegirl
01-10-2010, 11:18 PM

Jedediah Vincent Cunningham?

rhymegirl
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I ain't that cultured. ;)

I guess not. ;)

regdog
01-10-2010, 11:33 PM

:ROFL:

dolores haze
01-10-2010, 11:38 PM
'Dolores Haze' is one of my favorite literary characters. I picked it on the spur of the moment because my usual handles had been taken already.

Apart from a surprising number of people who think it's my real name, and a few odd reps when I crit someone's sex scene, I take pleasure in pretending that poor wee Dolly didn't die in childbirth at age seventeen.

jvc
01-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Jedediah Vincent Cunningham?
The middle is right ;)

Whoever is on my facebook page would no doubt know the rest. Maybe. Hmm, do I have a facebook page?

rhymegirl
01-10-2010, 11:53 PM
The middle is right ;)

Whoever is on my facebook page would no doubt know the rest. Maybe. Hmm, do I have a facebook page?

Ooh, I'm gonna go look!

ETA: I looked and I know and I repped you the answer.

jvc
01-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Ooh, I'm gonna go look!

ETA: I looked and I know and I repped you the answer.
Bingo, you win ... err something. Not sure what. But definately something :)

Oh, and if anyone else wants to guess, just send me the answer in a rep point :D

Fran
01-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm not hard to find on Facebook - just put in Franchesca and look for the glamourous Scottish redhead. :tongue

ETA Okay, I checked, and it doesn't actually say where I'm from, and I don't look particularly redheaded in the photo, but if anyone's wildly keen to be my friend I'll rep them my name. :D

rhymegirl
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
I want to know what I win.

jvc
01-11-2010, 12:06 AM
I wanna know how you found me if you didn't know what my name was? :D

DWSTXS
01-11-2010, 12:19 AM
DWS represents my initials, Doyle W Sinclair

+ TXS is short for Texas, which is where I am.

rhymegirl
01-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I wanna know how you found me if you didn't know what my name was? :D

:Ssh:

ad_lucem
01-11-2010, 01:33 AM
ad + any Latin word or root suggests the English word "to" or toward, or in the direction of...

lucem... Latin for light, well, Latin for the noun light, third declension, accusative case, singular...I think? Still a total novice with the Latin stuff.

So, basically, toward the light or in the direction of light.

It has a habit of popping up in mottos and catchy Latin sayings, because everyone likes light. You know, like from Poltergeist...go to the light, the light is good an all of that jazz :D

backslashbaby
01-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Mine's just an old username that is never taken. I used to work on mainframes. Boring, I know :)

DWSTXS
01-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Mine's just an old username that is never taken. I used to work on mainframes. Boring, I know :)

for some weird reason, every time I see your username, the opening bass line and intro to the Vanilla Ice song rolls through my head.

ice, ice baby, dum-dum-dum, dum-tee-dum-dum
back, slash, baby, dum-dum-dum, dum-tee-dum-dum

LOL

backslashbaby
01-11-2010, 02:00 AM
LOL!!! For some reason, SPMiller's birthday thread had me singing "You say it's your birthday!" over and over. Nobody else's, just his.

stormie
01-11-2010, 02:26 AM
My username comes from when I was little, my father said not only was I born on a stormy night, but my personality matched. And that they should have named me Stormy. My mother nixxed that.

Jersey Chick
01-11-2010, 02:28 AM
for some weird reason, every time I see your username, the opening bass line and intro to the Vanilla Ice song rolls through my head.

LOL
And thank you for that song that'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the night! :D

vfury
01-11-2010, 02:29 AM
My username is based on a pen name that I probably won't use (unless I obviously need to) but am still fond of.

DWSTXS
01-11-2010, 02:30 AM
And thank you for that song that'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the night! :D

no problem! (I love giving tune-wedgies) :)

RaineeRose
01-11-2010, 02:36 AM

LOL

That happens to me every time too!

backslashbaby
01-11-2010, 02:42 AM
:ROFL:

I have a themesong! The bass is good, anyway :D

Jersey Chick
01-11-2010, 05:08 AM
tune wedgie! I love it! :D

Silver King
01-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Mine is the nickname for a type of fish, the tarpon, that I often target. You can see one pictured in my avatar. Sometimes I post full-size images of silver kings in threads for no apparent reason except to drive others to distraction, like I did recently here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4330676&postcount=1401).

Jersey Chick
01-11-2010, 07:22 AM
That is one big-ass fish...

**cue theme from Jaws**

Gretad08
01-11-2010, 07:32 AM
tune wedgie! I love it! :D

Yeah, he gets a rep for tune wedgie...I'm gonna have to use that one :)

DWSTXS
01-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah, he gets a rep for tune wedgie...I'm gonna have to use that one :)

thanks ladies. Yes, I can be quite the yuk-monkey sometimes. thanks for the rep!

Silver King
01-11-2010, 07:41 AM
That is one big-ass fish...

**cue theme from Jaws**

That's all I need to share my favorite fishing picture of all time, shown here with my youngest boy a couple of years ago. :)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/Silver-King/DoubleTrouble014-1.jpg

Kathleen42
01-11-2010, 07:51 AM
The 42 in my name is not my age (which some people think it is).

Gretad08
01-11-2010, 07:56 AM
That's all I need to share my favorite fishing picture of all time, shown here with my youngest boy a couple of years ago. :)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/Silver-King/DoubleTrouble014-1.jpg

I just showed this pic to my husband...he's curious, what type of fish is that?

cray
01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
*cough (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4473585&postcount=67)*

thethinker42
01-11-2010, 08:04 AM
The 42 in my name is not my age (which some people think it is).

People don't seem to make that mistake with me. I chalk it up to the assumption that I'm nowhere near mature enough to be 42. :D

Gretad08
01-11-2010, 08:11 AM
*cough (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4473585&postcount=67)*

Gimme a break I'm slower than slow sometimes :)

cray
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
so is sliver king.
that's why i answered for him.

*prepares to be banned.*

Susie
01-11-2010, 08:37 AM
btw, my username susie means dances with chocolate. :D

HelloKiddo
01-11-2010, 09:07 AM
My nick is lame. I chose it because I when I registered I didn't realize I was gonna like it here and stick around. If I had I would've thought about it and picked a better one. Oh well, too late now!

It's from a move called "David and Lisa" starring the recently deceased Brittany Murphy. She was mental and could only talk in rhymes so she couldn't say hello she had to say "hello kiddo" cause it rhymed, which...it doesn't. So my nick comes from a stupid line from a movie I didn't like. (For some reason it happened to pop into my head as I was trying to pick a nick *shrug*)

Now that I think about it, I don't remember the film well enough to be sure it wasn't "hello fellow" or something that does rhyme. Meh. Too late now anyway. Does anybody remember that movie and know if I even remembered the line correctly?

BigWords
01-11-2010, 10:00 AM
A few years ago I used to use my name on all the forums I joined, but after a few nasty incidents with family and friends (my cousin works for the post office, which I categorized as a company which employs the unemployable) I decided that a thin layer of anonymity would be easier to deal with than constant e-mails from people I have pissed off. The username comes from a running joke with my friends (referencing a Superman character (http://supermanica.superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Big_Words)) and because I can never use a shorter word when a long one is available. I also get called Shakespeare by my brother, but using that online is too pretentious.

kaitie
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Mine's a nickname from my original fake name I came up with when I was twelve (Kaitlyne). That was actually back before anyone else had ever thought to use the name. My real name is ridiculously common, and when I was in middle school my friends and I all had fake names we used when we passed notes (a way to get around teachers reading them in front of class...aw, back in the day when kids still passed notes with paper instead of text messages. ;)).

Anyway, since my name was so common, I wanted something original. I heard a Scottish character on a TV show say the name Kathleen, and it sounded a bit like Kaitlyne, and my dad had a book written by someone named Cait on the shelf and I always liked the spelling, so I just thought something up. Needless to say it was kinda annoying when ten years later it was the most popular name in the country. :tongue

So yeah, I needed something, figured I'd go with my old fake name just for the hell of it (also didn't realize I'd be staying, I just had a question for the Ask an Agent section), and I like spelling it with the extra "i" because I think it looks cool. :D

stormie
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
My nick is lame. I chose it because I when I registered I didn't realize I was gonna like it here and stick around. If I had I would've thought about it and picked a better one. Oh well, too late now!

Nope, it's not too late, I don't think. Ask one of the mods to help you change it. Or Mac maybe. Then under your new username you just put "formerly HelloKiddo."

(I was thinking of changing mine but got a resounding "no" from a lot of AWers. Guess I really do live up to my username, he-he! :D )

R.G. Alexander
01-11-2010, 06:30 PM
The R.G part of my name is my initials. The Alexander part is a name I love. My oldest girls middle name is Alexandrea, and if I ever have a boy his middle name will be...drum roll.......Alexander. :)

qwerty
01-11-2010, 06:43 PM
The top five letters from left to right on my U.K. keyboard.

rhymegirl
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
The R.G part of my name is my initials. The Alexander part is a name I love. My oldes girls middle name is Alexandrea, and if I ever have a boy his middle name will be...drum roll.......Alexander. :)

You do realize that makes both of us RG.

Sometimes I'll read a post in which someone refers to RG, thinking it's me. I'll think what? I said THAT? Then I scroll back and realize someone was referring to you.

So...just be aware of that, RG. :)

Oh and...also

My son's first name is Alexander.

R.G. Alexander
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
o I am. I have done the same when someone is referring to you. :)

rhymegirl
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
o I am. I have done the same when someone is referring to you. :)

See, we have a lot in common!

And I must tell you that I love the name Alexander, too. We chose it mostly because my husband admires Alexander The Great. The name Alexander means a leader of men.

And so far my son is very good at leading. He is the oldest. He loves telling other people what to do. (good for him, bad for them.)

R.G. Alexander
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
:) That is my oldest girl. She LOVES to tell her little sister what to do. Of course, her little sister just ignores her. I don't have any reason to like Alexander other than um..Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I had a little crush on Xander. :) Nothing as deep as Alexander the Great. But I do admire Queen Elizabeth, hence my daughters' first name :)

Art_Sempai
01-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Art because I'm an artist, and Sempai from Senpai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_k%C5%8Dhai

som1luvsmi
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
My name is from when my mom first got a computer and I needed a name for my email. I never changed it because I hate having to remember new names.

Som1 = someone (duh)
luvs = loves (I'm actually a pretty good speller in RL)
mi = me, but like "do re mi" because I was heavily into singing and music for a long time.

Lavern08
01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Middle name plus my favorite number and date of birth = Lavern 08

Midnight Star
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
My username is simply something I made up. I love midnight, because you can see all the stars, and I'm 13. (almost 14 though.) :D

MsGneiss
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
When I signed up, I couldn't fall asleep, despite putting up a really good effort of counting sheep.

Rowan
01-12-2010, 05:29 AM
See, we have a lot in common!

And I must tell you that I love the name Alexander, too. We chose it mostly because my husband admires Alexander The Great. The name Alexander means a leader of men.

And so far my son is very good at leading. He is the oldest. He loves telling other people what to do. (good for him, bad for them.)

Me too! I have a dog named Alexander the Great (AKC registered name and all). :)

LOG
01-12-2010, 05:57 AM
It's an acronym of my pen-name.

Seaclusion
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Mine is the name of my boat which is as much wishful thinking as anything else.

Richard

AryaT92
01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
At age 7 I was found on the edge of the Tugela River in modern day South Africa. This is where the T in my name comes from. At age 7, I was brought up as one of the tribe and was named Arya which means Keeper. When I was 12 I hunted my first lion and that was the day our elder and chief kinsmen blessed me and sent me into the wild to fend for myself after 3 days of feast and tribal dance!

But in reality my name is Arya and my last name starts with a T and I was born in 92...

LOG
01-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Aaaaaaah, here I was hoping for that to be true...

kaitie
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
At age 7 I was found on the edge of the Tugela River in modern day South Africa. This is where the T in my name comes from. At age 7, I was brought up as one of the tribe and was named Arya which means Keeper. When I was 12 I hunted my first lion and that was the day our elder and chief kinsmen blessed me and sent me into the wild to fend for myself after 3 days of feast and tribal dance!

But in reality my name is Arya and my last name starts with a T and I was born in 92...

My gosh you just made me feel old.

R.G. Alexander
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Gah me too. 92. Maaaannn.

Judg
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Judg is based on my initials.

I would be tempted to put it on a vanity plate, but I figured some minor thug might think I'm a real judge and scratch the car out of spite.

AuburnAssassin
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
In the 80's I played KAOS (Killing as an Organized Sport) and adopted Auburn Assassin as my hitman name. I do have auburn hair... and some grey now too so eventually I'll be the Silver Assassin.

Chasing the Horizon
01-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Chasing the Horizon is the title of my biggest and best fantasy series. It also seems appropriate for an aspiring writer.

If you hate your user name, PM Mac and she'll change it. I have not always been Chasing the Horizon. ;)

sheadakota
01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Shea is the name of a character in one of my books- I also named my horse this-

Dakota- another horse- named a character after this one-

I also thought Shea Dakota would make a cool pen-name if I ever decided to write in another genre-

Elaine Margarett
01-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Elaine Margaret was my mother-in-law's name. It's my way of honoring the mother of my absolutely fantastic husband.

...I'm a lucky woman...

:-)
EM

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Uh...

Well. Confession time.

I'm not 'old-fashioned'... I'm actually more 'Star Trek' than 'Little House on the Prairie'... but I am a 'girl'.

When I first came to AW, I didn't want to use any of my old BBS names, and for some inexplicable reason 'Ol' Fashioned Girl' sprang to my fingertips when I was registering. :Shrug: Go figure.

Seams
01-13-2010, 05:16 PM
well

seams as in stories, stitching pieces together, making things whole. So nothing cool

kaitie
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Shea is the name of a character in one of my books- I also named my horse this-

Dakota- another horse- named a character after this one-

I also thought Shea Dakota would make a cool pen-name if I ever decided to write in another genre-

Mwahaha, but we shall all know your secret! We will all be vying with the 10 o'clock news stations for the privilege of outing you. :D

Adam
01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
I would've loved to have had "Adam", or changed it to it, but it's taken. By someone that hasn't made a single post!

*Mutter mumble grumble*

Fran
01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
I would've loved to have had "Adam", or changed it to it, but it's taken. By someone that hasn't made a single post!

*Mutter mumble grumble*

PM Mac and ask her to change the other guy's name too. :D

johnnysannie
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Okay, confession time, my name is Lee Ann, sometimes called "Annie" mostly by my husband on occasion but I am named for a great-grandmother, George Ann, who WAS called Annie by almost everyone.

The Johnny part is because I am a major fan of Johnny Horton's music.

When I first came to AW, I was looking for a different user name and popped out with "Johnnysannie". I have often wished I had chosen something different, easier to understand. A lot of members seem to think I am a guy but I'm not.

Many places I use "leeannwriter" and that would have been better here but oh, well.

Gretad08
01-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Okay, confession time, my name is Lee Ann, sometimes called "Annie" mostly by my husband on occasion but I am named for a great-grandmother, George Ann, who WAS called Annie by almost everyone.

The Johnny part is because I am a major fan of Johnny Horton's music.

When I first came to AW, I was looking for a different user name and popped out with "Johnnysannie". I have often wished I had chosen something different, easier to understand. A lot of members seem to think I am a guy but I'm not.

Many places I use "leeannwriter" and that would have been better here but oh, well.

huh...And here I thought your name was Annie and Johnny was your husband.

L.J.
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
A vain attempt to disguise my real name. When I was born, my parents named me 'Lisa Jan'. They sent the birth announcement to my grandmother who read the name as 'Liza Jane'. She said to my uncle, 'Why in the world would they name her Liza Jane?' To which my uncle replied, 'Mama, that's not Liza Jane, it's Lisa Jan'. I guess Liza Jane is my evil twin, or something.

Lavern08
01-13-2010, 11:12 PM
"I guess Liza Jane is my evil twin, or something."

http://www.lookydaddy.com/photos/uncategorized/evil_twin2_copy.jpg

rhymegirl
01-13-2010, 11:41 PM
huh...And here I thought your name was Annie and Johnny was your husband.

I thought that, too.

Sweetleaf
01-13-2010, 11:52 PM
I have a 3 year old and a two year old, who still won't sleep through the night.

'Nuff said. :D

Gretad08
01-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I have a 3 year old and a two year old, who still won't sleep through the night.

'Nuff said. :D

I feel your pain. My 20 month old still won't sleep through the night but she's much better than she used to be.

At 8 months old she was only sleeping about 3 hours per night (not consecutively either). We had to take her to a pediatric sleep specialist.

Like I said she's a lot better, but she's still tricky when it comes to sleeping.

Also, I have a 7 week old...sigh...I'll sleep when I'm dead I guess.

L.J.
01-14-2010, 12:05 AM
"I guess Liza Jane is my evil twin, or something."

http://www.lookydaddy.com/photos/uncategorized/evil_twin2_copy.jpg

LOL

I'm not telling which one of us has the goatee.

Mela
01-14-2010, 01:10 AM
When I signed up I was writing a book that told the story of the man who becomes Santa Claus. Mela, in my book, is one of the original 8 reindeer:

Mela, Amurga, Siratai, Ialei (the acronym for the International Association of the Leisure & Entertainment Industry, by the way); Jemu, Aitai, Benga and Honalo, the parents of:
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen.

Several months ago I wanted to change the name because when I signed up in 2005 I just typed in the first thing that came to my mind and didn't put a lot of thought into my online identity. This was the first online board I'd ever joined and didn't know the territory, so to speak.

But then I changed my mind and figured I'd stick with Mela.

Adam
01-14-2010, 02:39 AM
PM Mac and ask her to change the other guy's name too. :D

TADA! :D

Mac ROCKS!

Gretad08
01-14-2010, 07:09 AM
TADA! :D

Mac ROCKS!

It's a good thing you have a recognizable avatar or people would be very confused indeed :)

Adam
01-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Indeedy :)

I put my old name in my sig just in case though. ;)

R.G. Alexander
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Smacking this thread around. It needs a bump.

Fran
01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Smacking this thread around. It needs a bump.

Heehee. I love the idea of smacking threads! Naughty thread! Heehee.*

*I've not been sleeping very well. Has anyone noticed? :D

R.G. Alexander
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM

NeuroFizz
01-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Neurophysiology (frequently shortened to neurophys)= my research technique specialty. Don't stand too close or I'll put electrodes in some very surprising places (to measure electrical activity, of course).

R.G. Alexander
01-19-2010, 06:37 PM
*steps away from Neuro* I don't want electrodes in suprising places.

cray
01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Neurophysiology (frequently shortened to neurophys)= my research technique specialty. Don't stand too close or I'll put electrodes in some very surprising places (to measure electrical activity, of course).

pffft. hook me up.

Gretad08
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Thought I'd bump this and give it one last shot...I had fun with it the first time, and I know a few haven't answered...anyone care to share? :)

Silent Rob
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Mine is a pronunciation thing. The 'Rob' part is silent.