PDA

View Full Version : If you could be a fantasy character, who would it be and why?

Four_Elements
08-02-2005, 11:33 AM
This was just something I was thinking about. I would probably want to be Eragon from the book that has the same name. The world described in the book is so beautiful and I bet that Eragon will end up with Arya. I wouldn't run from battles like him though.

stranger
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
What do you mean if? I get to be my favourite characters all the time, just by reading my favourite books.

For a long time, it's probably been Mat in Jordan's Eye of the World. However, as Jordan is pretty slow at allowing anything to happen these days, he's been overtaken by a host of characters for Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice, with Arya in the lead.

Saanen
08-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Of course I would have to be a character from my own books. And they're essentially me, or aspects of me. So I'd say I like myself pretty well. :)

Currently I'd like to be the main character in my current WIP. I love her attitude! She's also a dragon, and wouldn't it be awesome to be able to fly?

Vomaxx
08-03-2005, 01:28 AM
I get to be my favourite characters all the time, just by reading my favourite books.

Good answer!!
And so is Saanen's. Same as mine.

Sharon Mock
08-03-2005, 02:12 AM
I'd never want to be one of my characters. I have enough trouble in my life as it is without dealing with the stuff I put my characters through. :)

Richard
08-03-2005, 02:15 AM
I don't care, provided that there's impressively pyrotechnic sorcery, and a local king of good heart and weak defensive planning whose empire can be crushed with, say, fireballs.

ChunkyC
08-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Sam Gamgee, from The Lord of the Rings. A nobler character you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere in speculative fiction, or any fiction for that matter.

robeiae
08-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Corwin!!! 'Cause he had it all, plus my favorite colors are black and silver, too!!

Rob :)

alanna
08-03-2005, 05:29 AM
Daine from Tamora Pierce's Immortals series, preferably. Talking with animals, turning into animals, demi-goddess, friends with dragons- all things I could live with quite happily, for all that she has to go through crud to get there.

scfirenice
08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Anita Blake, vampire hunter, "I don't date vampires, I kill them. Well sometimes I date them, Oh f*!#, I don't know."
S

Selene LuPaine
08-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I'd also have to be one of my own characters.

I would be Selene Lupaine, one of my most charished and the most relatible character I have. I've made her into a very sad and lonely woman because of the death of her loved one and the betrayal of her pack that had doomed him. I have painted suck strong emotions in the text role plays. That is where she was first born. In a role playing game on another website!

eldragon
08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Anyone who is invisible and/ or can fly.

whitehound
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Molly Grue - to whom excitement, adventure and (probably) love - or at the least good companionship - came, just when she thought that she was too old and life had passed her by.

Jaycinth
08-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I've made myself a character in my novels. But If i had to be someone else's character, I'd be Polgara from Eddings novels. Except for the faithful gentleman friend following her all over creation, (and the magic, of course) I'm just. . . her!

wardmclark
08-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Ralston Valentine. (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/4953/kt_boc2.html)

Niesta
08-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Ista from Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold, although this is probably because I just finished reading it. I like the idea of a middle aged woman who thinks her life is over falling headlong into a new kind of existence. I like the idea that it isn't over til it's over.

alaskamatt17
08-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Tough to say for me. I mostly write science fiction, so I can't name any of my characters.

If I could be any literary character, I'd want to be Ender Wiggin, except I wouldn't want to live his life.

For fantasy, I guess I'd want to be Gandalf. He got to blow up wargs, kill the Balrog, and do other cool stuff like flying on eagles.

Tirjasdyn
08-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Phedre from Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel Books. Because it was all worth it in the end.

Nateskate
08-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Frodo and Aragorn from LOTR

I prefer Peter Jackson's portrayal of Aragorn, filled with self-doubt, yet strong and resourceful. If anything, I like the fact that he never seems overwhelmed.

Again, I see the movie Frodo as more serious. So, this is my template. I like the fact he stays with his convictions no matter what.

Titus Raylake
08-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Movie Gandalf!

Oh wait. Come to think of it, movie Gandalf and book Gandalf aren't that different.

Stop poking me. :poke:

Pthom
09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Because of the deceptions of the originator of this thread, we are closing it. We could have just deleted it, but there are responses here that may be valuable to others. However, to continue any of the topics discussed here, please choose another thread or begin a new one.

Thank you for understanding.