If you could be a fantasy character, who would it be and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Four_Elements

Banned
Reaction score
This was just something I was thinking about. I would probably want to be Eragon from the book that has the same name. The world described in the book is so beautiful and I bet that Eragon will end up with Arya. I wouldn't run from battles like him though.

stranger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
What do you mean if? I get to be my favourite characters all the time, just by reading my favourite books.

For a long time, it's probably been Mat in Jordan's Eye of the World. However, as Jordan is pretty slow at allowing anything to happen these days, he's been overtaken by a host of characters for Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice, with Arya in the lead.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Of course I would have to be a character from my own books. And they're essentially me, or aspects of me. So I'd say I like myself pretty well. :)

Currently I'd like to be the main character in my current WIP. I love her attitude! She's also a dragon, and wouldn't it be awesome to be able to fly?

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
I don't care, provided that there's impressively pyrotechnic sorcery, and a local king of good heart and weak defensive planning whose empire can be crushed with, say, fireballs.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sam Gamgee, from The Lord of the Rings. A nobler character you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere in speculative fiction, or any fiction for that matter.

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
Daine from Tamora Pierce's Immortals series, preferably. Talking with animals, turning into animals, demi-goddess, friends with dragons- all things I could live with quite happily, for all that she has to go through crud to get there.

Selene LuPaine

Registered
Reaction score
I'd also have to be one of my own characters.

I would be Selene Lupaine, one of my most charished and the most relatible character I have. I've made her into a very sad and lonely woman because of the death of her loved one and the betrayal of her pack that had doomed him. I have painted suck strong emotions in the text role plays. That is where she was first born. In a role playing game on another website!

whitehound

Resident rodent-freak
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.whitehound.co.uk
Molly Grue - to whom excitement, adventure and (probably) love - or at the least good companionship - came, just when she thought that she was too old and life had passed her by.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I've made myself a character in my novels. But If i had to be someone else's character, I'd be Polgara from Eddings novels. Except for the faithful gentleman friend following her all over creation, (and the magic, of course) I'm just. . . her!

Niesta

Canada's sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
Ista from Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold, although this is probably because I just finished reading it. I like the idea of a middle aged woman who thinks her life is over falling headlong into a new kind of existence. I like the idea that it isn't over til it's over.

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Tough to say for me. I mostly write science fiction, so I can't name any of my characters.

If I could be any literary character, I'd want to be Ender Wiggin, except I wouldn't want to live his life.

For fantasy, I guess I'd want to be Gandalf. He got to blow up wargs, kill the Balrog, and do other cool stuff like flying on eagles.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Frodo and Aragorn from LOTR

I prefer Peter Jackson's portrayal of Aragorn, filled with self-doubt, yet strong and resourceful. If anything, I like the fact that he never seems overwhelmed.

Again, I see the movie Frodo as more serious. So, this is my template. I like the fact he stays with his convictions no matter what.

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Movie Gandalf!

Oh wait. Come to think of it, movie Gandalf and book Gandalf aren't that different.

Stop poking me. :poke:

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
This Thread Is Closed

Because of the deceptions of the originator of this thread, we are closing it. We could have just deleted it, but there are responses here that may be valuable to others. However, to continue any of the topics discussed here, please choose another thread or begin a new one.

Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.