PDA

View Full Version : Album cover: tight jeans, big package

WendyNYC
01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Does anyone remember an album cover from the 70s (I think) that was a close up of a man's crotch in skin tight jeans featuring a big ole penis-shaped lump?

Not Sticky Fingers...I think these jeans were white maybe? Sammy Hagar? Ted Nugent? Argh, I can't remember!

Google is getting me nowhere--but I did find some...interesting...photos.

dgrintalis
01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers (http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Fingers-Rolling-Stones/dp/B001WCN23W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1262801303&sr=8-1).

I remembered the cover - my parents had it - and I did a little Googling...

WendyNYC
01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I remember that one. But isn't there a different one with the top button undone and part of a man's hand through the belt loop?

Am I just making this up?

It's possible.

I distinctly remember this album in the vintage section of my local record shop, right next to all the bongs...er, tobacco pipes.

alleycat
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Not Sticky Fingers...I think these jeans were white maybe?
Remember that Sticky Fingers had a zipper, when opened it revealed a guy in white briefs.

dgrintalis
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
:Shrug:

Sorry, this is the only one I remember. And sorry I didn't see your comment about not Sticky Fingers. I guess I was distracted by the big ole lump description... ;)

the addster
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
It wouldn't be Motley Crue's first album Too Fast For Love, would it. If I remember right those were leather pants, but the sentiment was the same.

dgrintalis
01-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Maybe Rod Stewart? (http://www.amazon.com/Playlist-Plus-Rod-Stewart/dp/B0016CP1PA/ref=sr_1_104?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1262802387&sr=1-104)

WendyNYC
01-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Ha! I think I was mixing all these together in my mind. The Motley Crue one is the pose I was thinking about.

Okay, I'll just pick one of these and go with it. Thanks, all.

cate townsend
01-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I remember that one. But isn't there a different one with the top button undone and part of a man's hand through the belt loop?

Am I just making this up?

It's possible.

I distinctly remember this album in the vintage section of my local record shop, right next to all the bongs...er, tobacco pipes.

If you're still having trouble finding it, check out the record store again and see if it's still on display. Maybe the clerk can help?

WendyNYC
01-08-2010, 12:47 AM
If you're still having trouble finding it, check out the record store again and see if it's still on display. Maybe the clerk can help?

:) I'd have to make a time machine to do that. This was quite a while ago.

cate townsend
01-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Hmmm. Well, in that case, if it is very important to find, you might call up the store (or another similar), and make inquiries. Usually, people who work in those kinds of places are very knowledgeable, esp. if you talk to an owner or employee who acquires the inventory. Another way might be to get into a forum for folks who collect vinyl, and ask there. Good luck, and let us know if you find it!

benbradley
01-08-2010, 02:06 AM
I recall a Bruce Springsteen cover kinda like that, though I may be thinking of a butt shot rather than the crotch. Or maybe he had one of those too, he's put out a lot of albums.

Hmmm. Well, in that case, if it is very important to find, you might call up the store (or another similar), and make inquiries. Usually, people who work in those kinds of places are very knowledgeable, esp. if you talk to an owner or employee who acquires the inventory. Another way might be to get into a forum for folks who collect vinyl, and ask there. Good luck, and let us know if you find it!
Usenet newsgroups are still around with lots of old-farts like me people who should know, if you can distinguish them from Google Groups...

firedrake
01-08-2010, 02:54 AM
I recall a Bruce Springsteen cover kinda like that, though I may be thinking of a butt shot rather than the crotch. Or maybe he had one of those too, he's put out a lot of albums.

Usenet newsgroups are still around with lots of old-farts like me people who should know, if you can distinguish them from Google Groups...

'Born in the USA'

Definitely a butt shot.

One of my favorite covers of all time. I can't imagine why.

*whistles*

WendyNYC
01-08-2010, 03:02 AM
'Born in the USA'

Definitely a butt shot.

One of my favorite covers of all time. I can't imagine why.

*whistles*

Yes, that was a good one. In any event, I think I'll just go with a reference people actually know--it was just part of a character description anyway.

I think in my mind I had slipped Vince Neil out of his leather pants and put him in a pair of white jeans. Maybe with a jaunty striped sailor shirt! He'd love that.

Stacia Kane
01-08-2010, 06:59 AM
If I'm not mistaken, John Travolta's record was a gatefold; the front was his upper body in a black t-shirt, the back his white-pants-clad crotch & thighs. So had you seen only the, ahem, lower half...

Yep, found it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAVOLTA-FEVER-2-FULL-LENGTH-PIC-OF-JOHN-TRAVOLTA_W0QQitemZ220535294694QQcategoryZ306QQcmdZ ViewItem?amp;toolid=10013&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2 F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FTRAVOLTA-FEVER-2-FULL-LENGTH-PIC-OF-JOHN-TRAVOLTA_W0QQitemZ220535294694QQcategoryZ306QQcmdZ ViewItem

Aschenbach
01-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Was it the New York Dolls? They certainly liked to "rock out with their cock out", if that involved being photographed for album artwork wearing sprayed on red or white leather jeans especially tight around the groin area.
Damn you for making me preoccupied with men's groins :D!

Stacia Kane
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Damn you for making me preoccupied with men's groins :D!

You mean you're not normally? Lucky you. :evil