Agent submission

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
Do all agents send out queries formally? Do some agents approach the editors and pitch the book directly over the phone or during lunch?

When agents write a query to editors for your book, are you, the author, involved in that process?

What are some of your experiences once the manuscript is polished and revised to mutual satisfaction?

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
When agents write a query to editors for your book, are you, the author, involved in that process?

When my agent queried publishers my only involvement was being forwarded the proposal he sent.

However, my first agent did send me the proposal and let me look over it telling me I should suggest what I wanted added or removed before we had a chance to send it out.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
All agents work a little differently. I believe mine did phone pitches to the targeted editors. Once they requested the manuscript, he sent it along with a slightly altered version of my original query letter. My involvement consisted of knowing the list of editors ahead of time--everything else my agent did.

Revised and polished to the mutual satisfaction of myself and my agent? Once it was at that point, my agent prepared to submit it. We were pretty much on the same page with revisions.