Movie based...on Thomas Kinkade's life!

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Not a joke. This is for real, it's out on DVD, and it apparently features such awesomeness as Peter O'Toole and Marcia Gay Harden saying sweet homespun things like "We have to stick together, we're all we've got."

If anyone here has watched this all the way through, you are now my personal hero.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Not a joke. This is for real, it's out on DVD, and it apparently features such awesomeness as Peter O'Toole and Marcia Gay Harden saying sweet homespun things like "We have to stick together, we're all we've got."

If anyone here has watched this all the way through, you are now my personal hero.

I tried. I made it an hour and a half in.

The supporting characters all seemed to be Gilmore Girl rejects-- the kind of characters that were too weird even for Stars Hollow.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I tried. I made it an hour and a half in.

The supporting characters all seemed to be Gilmore Girl rejects-- the kind of characters that were too weird even for Stars Hollow.

:Hail:

As much as I harbor a large lust for Jared Padalecki, I couldn't even make it through all of the snippets embedded in that review. Good Heavens, what schmaltz.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I really hope Mr. Kinkade is secretly a ninja or a spy or at least double-jointed, because I'm pretty sure his manufactured rubbish paintings indicate that the less I know about him, the better.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Am currently ROFLing at the review. No, I couldn't sit through this, unless I was drunk maybe.

the addster

Registered
Reaction score
Website
addiepray.wordpress.com
BAAAWAAAWAAAWAAA!!!!!!

There isn't enough liquor in the world to get me through that movie.

Must go now and order copy for graphic artist friend that puts together his calendars.......

*exits with an evil laugh*

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I know of a more corny, more lame and pathetic attempt to cash on Americana. Wanna see the trailer?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know of a more corny, more lame and pathetic attempt to cash on Americana. Wanna see the trailer?
Worse than Kinkade?

I'm afraid.

And please don't think of Kinkade's work as Americana . . . just think of it as trash.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Worse than Kinkade?

I'm afraid.

And please don't think of Kinkade's work as Americana . . . just think of it as trash.

Behold, Proud American!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAvcsqJN34Q

A film about America for Americans, in America! The film was produced by Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola, MasterCard and American Airlines! If this was more American, I would be American!

180px-Super-sam.jpg

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bad is it? Well, according to Wikipedia...

The film has not been well-received critically or financially. Opening in 750 theaters, Proud American managed to earn only $96,076, or $128 per venue — the worst for any wide release in the United States since at least 1982.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2106- Thomas Kinkade, VI, today unveiled his latest work, Springtime on Endor.

2688560981_d10d69e124.jpg

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Wheeeeeee!

Did any of you look at the LA Times piece linked in that review? During a business arbitration, when accused of drunkenly groping a woman's breasts at a Kinkade dealer bash, this was his sworn deposition comment -

"But you've got to remember," he said, "I'm the idol to these women who are there. They sell my work every day, you know. They're enamored with any attention I would give them. I don't know what kind of flirting they were trying to do with me. I don't recall what was going on that night."

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Kincaid. God. The man who singlehandedly killed art. Unfortunately you can't wish he would die becasue his work will be worth more.

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
So...I have no idea who Thomas Kinkade is. Someone want to fill me in on who he is? And why people hate him so much?

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I had no idea wjo he was, so I just looked him up on Wiki.

He seems to be a very disturbed yuk monkey