Entering contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
First of all. What is up with the website front page. Everything was all together. Now you have to scroll down to find the forms?
Anyways.

(Must be just my computer)

I have fixed all my words and am now going to enter the pnwa contest for unpublished works. When formatting the pages I now you put the body text in 12 points but is that the same for chapter headings? Page numbers and name and title go on the first page as well? Double space my synpses? Just seeing if I covered all the basics?

Ok, I think that's all my questions. Any more advice is welcomed.
Nick

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Hiya, Nick -

I've been doing some fairly major remodeling on the front page, over the holidays. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure which contest you're talking about, actually - got a link? But in general, yes, unless the guidelines specify otherwise, then it sounds as if you've got it right. One other thing I like to do (and saves editors a ton of work, sometimes) is a running header that includes last name and the page number, as well.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Uh...wow. I decided to take a look at the front. While I'm muttering "blankety-blank snow script" under my breath and adjusting the font size, my browser crashes (K-Meleon). Hokay, up again with "yes, please, open previous session." Everything is fine until I Ctrl+mousewheel a couple of times again. Page goes blank black, browser is in the La Brea tarpits and can't get out. I try several key commands...it strains...black, black, black.... Close the tab. Whew.

Anyhowl, congrats, sort of. I don't get a browser crash every day :D

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Heh. I'll turn the snow off soon. It's a standard Wordpress template, lightly modified - the IE people have been really happy, because it loads right up for them, without any of the padding issues.

I don't know that much about K-Meleon. I usually check pages in IE, Firefox, Safari, Flock, and Chrome.

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I kinda like the snow, which is weird because my town got 17 inches a week ago.

I know - I love it. But we got one tiny little snow shower on St. Lucy's day, and nothin' but rain, since. And I don't have to shovel digital snow, either.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
grrrrrrrrrr. I hate computer crashes. But be thankful we still don't use typewritters like Stainback or Heminway. Ok thanks for letting me know that I've got everything in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.