PDA

View Full Version : Looking for New Eyes

Fokker Aeroplanbau
01-05-2010, 05:54 AM
I've had my blog reviewed a few times, each time making a few slight changes, nothing major.

I'm wondering if I should change my layout in hopes of something more fresh. But before I do the opinions of AW would be greatly appreciated.

Does the content "work?" Does it "flow?" What are your first, second and third impressions?

And, above all, do you have any fun add-on's, complexity not an issue, for me?

My Blog (rightfarright.blogspot.com)

bclement412
01-05-2010, 06:15 AM
I actually quite like it, although there is a ton of whitespace. Maybe point out who your audience is. Good luck and nice job!

Fokker Aeroplanbau
01-05-2010, 06:36 AM
My audience is, largely, blue collar working individuals who often access my blog at work. Thus, the blandness. It's hard to convince the boss you're working on a spreadsheet when your screen is doing digital cartwheels. ;)

It's actually something me and other bloggers of my bent have discussed ad nausem. ;)

bclement412
01-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Okay then if it's professional, it's good to keep it nice and simple, and, well, professional looking :) Good job with it :)

GabrielNovo
01-05-2010, 06:53 AM
I have to admit your blog is one of the best looking Blogspot blogs I've seen. I'm not a fan of having just teasers on the front page, but that's because I prefer more of the traditional blog setup.

Sidebar's a bit thick and your image (the joker) seems to be outside the margins on it. Give your content more space because that should be the focus of your blog. Sidebar accentuates, but shouldn't detract or compete with the content.

You have a nice chunk of content with no real way to showcase it. Archives are not the best way to let new readers know where the good stuff is. You might want to bring your hand picked posts (Fundamentally Sound Posts) higher on the sidebar. It shouldn't be one of the last things seen, but one of the very first.

Other than that, rock on. Like I said, it's one of the best looking Blogspot sites I've ever come acrosss.

Fokker Aeroplanbau
01-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Snippet

Thank you! :)

Just right now I added two new posts, and made them more visible.

I also cut down on my picture size.

I'll see what I can do about changing the margins of my sidebar/content this weekend when I have the time to find the right balance px. But as I said before, thank you for the input.

veinglory
01-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I think it would be funny if you right aligned the header.

Fokker Aeroplanbau
01-12-2010, 05:24 AM
In exchange for posting some links, someone will do what you request veinglory. ;)

Indeed, my new custom header will have a rightward slant.

Making my blog more consistent. Eh?