PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine question?

YAwriter72
01-05-2010, 02:58 AM
How much space does about 800 milligrams take up? A line the size of a finger? Bigger? Smaller?

If anyone could sort of visual it for me, I'm trying to figure out if it would fit on a compact's mirror.

Thanks!

AryaT92
01-05-2010, 03:01 AM
http://ispystrangers.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cocaine.jpg

Should be a tad longer than the middle one, wait for reassurance though I might be wrong.

AryaT92
01-05-2010, 03:03 AM
A bit longer than your middle finger would be a better estimation, really depends how skinny you make the lines.

YAwriter72
01-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Okay, so thick and short would fit on a small makeup compact mirror then?

AryaT92
01-05-2010, 03:10 AM
4/5 of a gram would probably fit on a makeup compact mirror, especially if the character drew out two lines which is doable and quite common. It might be a stretch depending on how big the makeup mirror is, overall this is a very minor detail and very few people would really be able to catch an inaccuracy. You could always add in that some fell to be safe. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-05-2010, 03:11 AM
And could kill.

"Even though this preparation has been used for more than 5,000 years, the poisonous dose or the quantity of cocaine that will cause death or some important medical result is unknown. The standard deadly dose by inhalation is about 800mg, although some deaths have occurred with as small a dose as 25mg." (http://www.ehow.com/about_5127399_cocaine-addiction.html)

YAwriter72
01-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Well yes, MC is trying to kill herself and when I searched, found that around 800 milligrams would probably kill her, especially if she drank 1/2 a bottle of whiskey first.

I just need to know what it physically looks like so I get it right.

mscelina
01-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Make it easy on yourself. Have her cut it in a spiral on a small handheld mirror. A spiral line is common in 'party' situations, and someone looking to kill herself might want that kind of imagery.

YAwriter72
01-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Make it easy on yourself. Have her cut it in a spiral on a small handheld mirror. A spiral line is common in 'party' situations, and someone looking to kill herself might want that kind of imagery.

Ooooh perfect!! Thank you!!!!! Yes the imagery would totally fit her too.

mscelina
01-05-2010, 03:25 AM
You're welcome. :)

wittyusernamehere
01-05-2010, 03:28 AM
couldn't find it on google - how do you cut a spiral? I'm picturing something like the jamba juice logo (http://www.mpusd.k12.ca.us/losarbolesmiddleschool/files/jamba_juice.jpg), but that doesn't seem right.

AryaT92
01-05-2010, 03:29 AM
Also, a very normal thing is to take lines off your index finger when you hold your hand like a high five form but sideways, but the spiral thing sounds way cooler.

YAwriter72
01-05-2010, 03:33 AM
couldn't find it on google - how do you cut a spiral? I'm picturing something like the jamba juice logo (http://www.mpusd.k12.ca.us/losarbolesmiddleschool/files/jamba_juice.jpg), but that doesn't seem right.

The purple part of the logo is how I pictured it and how she did it (Using a big gulp straw) Creative license! ;)

mscelina
01-05-2010, 03:37 AM
*sigh*

I would guess that the best way to do it is to begin with a pile in the center, then, taking a firm-edged card like a driver's license or credit card, begin to pull the powder around the pile in an ever-lengthening and fattening spiralling pattern. For one person alone, you wouldn't want the line too thick. she'll have to take breaks as she does it--also a good thing for suicidal reflection and "I'll make them suffer!" self-pitying moments. she would start at the end point of the spiral, working her way inwards.

YAwriter72
01-05-2010, 03:47 AM
*sigh*

I would guess that the best way to do it is to begin with a pile in the center, then, taking a firm-edged card like a driver's license or credit card, begin to pull the powder around the pile in an ever-lengthening and fattening spiralling pattern. For one person alone, you wouldn't want the line too thick. she'll have to take breaks as she does it--also a good thing for suicidal reflection and "I'll make them suffer!" self-pitying moments. she would start at the end point of the spiral, working her way inwards.

Yes thats what she did! Worked her way form the outside inward. She compared the spiral to her life. I can't thank you enough, it was just perfect!