PDA

View Full Version : anyone else dragging today?

Mela
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
So it's my first day back at work from a vacation over the holidays and you'd think my system would have allowed me a good night's sleep last night.

First, my diabetic husband and his son ride off to the Jets game in the Meadowlands where it was 7 degrees with the windchill. He was bundled up like Fat Albert when he left the house. I asked him how long after he got to his seat that he started feeling cold - about 2 seconds. (I worry of course because of the cold's affect on him cuz of the diabetes). They left toward the beginning of the 4th quarter - he got home at 12:30 and I was wide awake, watching Revolutionary Road - a helluva movie to try and fall asleep to. But I just couldn't sleep - I was worried about him in the cold and then with the long ride home and what was that noise I just heard???

I finally doze off around 1:30-2 a.m. Around 3:30 the carbon monoxide detector starts beeping. Husband's out cold so it's up to me to save the house. I unhook it and by the time it takes me to figure out what the hecks going on because I'm half asleep we all could have been dead. If it was 4 short beeps we would have been dead. But it was a single beep every 30 seconds - so either the battery or the detector has to be replaced (I failed to look at it this morning when I was wide awake). I finally got back to sleep around 4:30 - was up by 6 a.m.

Ever had one of those nights? My eyes feel so heavy I could fall asleep at my desk.

Lavern08
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I hear ya, Twin...

...I slept like a baby all last week (while I was off work for the holidays),

but I tossed and turned all night long last night.

Sheesh! :Shrug:

ad_lucem
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Ditto, although I don't have any particularly exciting reasons for my sleepless night last night. Other than pregnancy, which might sound exciting to some people, I guess, in some weird way. I just woke up and stayed up from about 1-3am.

I was NOT a happy camper when the alarm went of at 6am to get the kids going for school, cook breakfast n' whatnot.

Today I've been sluggish. I took my daughter to the park and ran her around like crazy anyway, though. 1..because it is fun, 2... in the hopes she'll take an early nap :)

bettielee
01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
yeh... didn't get to bed till 1:30... too many days of late nights and late mornings.

New years resolution: go to bed before midnight!!

duh-herr!!

Even after I went to bed, I just laid there.

ad_lucem
01-04-2010, 10:21 PM
yeh... didn't get to bed till 1:30... too many days of late nights and late mornings.

New years resolution: go to bed before midnight!!

duh-herr!!

Even after I went to bed, I just laid there.

Always a good goal...

I'm signed up for the FlyLady mailing list so I get e-nagged on a regular basis about shining my sink and going to bed on time.

This morning I got this list of chores:

Today's Reminders:

* Morning Routine:
-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
- Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

* Before Bed Routine:
-Lay out Your Clothes for tomorrow
-Check Your Calendar
-Put things needed for tomorrow at the Launch Pad
-Where are your Keys?
-Spend Two Minutes Clearing off a Hot Spot
-Shine Your Sink
- Wash face/Brush Teeth
-Go to Bed at a Decent Hour

It's like having a mom that keeps reminding you to behave. And sometimes I actually even do it. :D

Typically, when I do manage to follow it, I feel a thousand times better. I learned all sorts of bad habits growing up. So, I need the healthy-habit e-nagging. Sad for someone nearing 30... :)

Jersey Chick
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
YES!

My husband and I watched Paranormal Activity last night and I was literally up all night because of it. Good movie, but it messed me all up. Dozed off around 5:45 this morning, only to have to get up at ten to seven to get kidlets up and out.

All day I've been pushing to stay awake, so I don't have any trouble sleeping tonight...

stormie
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Yep. It's cold. It's Monday. It's cold. It's January. It's cold. And the sun is behind the clouds now. Ugh.

Jersey Chick
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
The coffee is calling me from the pantry...

Alpha Echo
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
OMG, I am dying! The fact that I'm in one of my insomnia bouts right now doesn't help, nor does the fact that the wind has been threatening to take the roof off our house.