Submit! Submit!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Among my biggest weaknesses as a writer is failure to submit my work. If you don't send it in, they can't reject it, right? It's safe on my hard drive, where I can delude myself into believing it's both good and marketable.

This is the year I'm going to submit stuff, and accept rejection like a big girl if that's what happens.

I submitted something today.

Maryn, imagining them slapping their thighs and passing it around
Edit: By which I meant slapping their thighs with laughter at how bad it is

Last edited:

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on sending something out! :hooray:
The first rejection is the hardest, then you start to get a tougher skin.
Send to a ton of places to give yourself a better chance at getting a partial request.

Boston Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rejection is easy. At least then you get closure. Being *ignored* is a royal PITA.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Given the subforum this is in and what I know of you, this thread wasn't what I was hoping for.

*hangs head*

Well, I'll obey anyway. Send something out a couple weeks ago. I'd sent it more places, but the only other magazine I found that would fit doesn't accept simultaneous submissions.

Yeah. Being ignored is a bitch.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
Hooray Maryn!!! We can start our submitting adventures together! ^_^

I'm polishing the story still, but I've promised myself I'd submit it before the end of the month. I'm both nervous and excited.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Reaction score
How did I not notice this thread before?

Um...I've not subbed anything this year, but I have something already on submission. Does that count?

And I never do shorts. Only novels. So gimme a little while and I'll have this book done, edited synopserised and subbed.

I have a plan for 2010.

Nothing less than world domination!

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
Today I printed something for submission, however, after googling, I learned that the publisher has three different addresses. I'll make a new thread about it, though. Just wanted to chime in, I'm going to start submitting things.

ETA: here's my question about the address: Penthouse Variations address for submissions

Last edited:

HighDesertBrat

Hired Pen
Registered
Reaction score
Rural New Mexico -- Also known as the High Desert
The primary thing to remember about rejection is that they aren't rejecting you as a bad person. They aren't even rejecting you as a bad writer. They aren't even saying the submitted piece is bad writing. It's just not what they're looking for right now.

Unless you're talking about a transplanted organ, rejection is almost never fatal. Just make sure you've pulled up your big girl panties.

HighDesertBrat

Hired Pen
Registered
Reaction score
Rural New Mexico -- Also known as the High Desert
Mind you don't give yourself a wedgie. Hang in there. Everyone who says "no" puts you one closer to the one who will say yes.
I submitted to Harlequin for 5 years before they took me on, and to Pink Flamingo for 2 years until they recognized my genius (wink wink).
If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm rewriting adding some love/sex to my current book... then I plan to submit it :D who knows I may just get lucky... lol yeah right..

S.R. Keene

Registered
Reaction score
*peeks head in*
I submitted my first this past friday. I felt really good about it, now I'm reading some other published erotica and slapping my forehead going "how could you think yours is good enough??? argh!!!"

We shall see!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
S.R. Keene, the very worst thing they could possibly say is "No." You can handle that, right? Of course.

Maryn, not necessarily wearing any big-girl panties (that was for the gentlemen)

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and good luck with the submission. I understand how you feel though, I am a big chicken when it comes to my writing and have a big fear of rejection. So you are a step closer than I am.