"This year I'd like to..."

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Forget New Years resolutions, those never stick for more than a week due to their often unrealistic nature. What would you like to do, for real, this year?

This year I'd like to:

- Settle into a new home with my guy and live our version of Happily Ever After.

- Finish this damn manuscript.

- Shave a minute or two off my mile.

- Take said guy to Australia to meet my family.

- Perfect my chocolate cake recipe.

- Laugh even more than I did last year. :D

AryaT92

Banned
Reaction score
Get an email from agent saying publishers are willing to pay 14 figures for my book.

Edit second book / send it out

Plan College / Future

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm going to try my hardest to drink and smoke more this year. I know, resolutions are lame, but I think with a little effort, I can do it.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Break into a pro-paying market. *crosses fingers* "Oh, please let it be Black Gate. Oh please, oh please."

Finish my NaNo novel, and get that gut feeling when I know I did something right.

Improve my illustrating, so I actually feel worthy of getting paid for it.

Kick depression's ass.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to meet as many AWers as possible.

I want to finish my book and submit it. I also want to finish the two collabs I have, polish the books, submit them.

I want to submit more of my poetry for publication.

I want to fix my financial life so I can fix the other aspects of my life and move toward happiness.

I want to get the song I wrote into an mp3 file so others can listen to it.

I have a few other "wants" but those are private. :D

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I would like aadams to perfect her chocolate cake recipe

I would like to edit a book to finishment and get it to betas

I would like to employ the things my betas feel need to be employed

I would like to have a book in good enough shape to send out to query agents

I would like to find an agent

I would like that agent to find me a publisher

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I want to get some greetings accepted this year from gc publishers. Didn't get a one this year.
I want to be able to start and finish a novel, romance probably.
I want to win some worthwhile sweepstakes prizes.
I want to lose 5 more, ok 10 more pounds. :)
And I want everyone to have their wants fulfilled.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I want to go back and do more crits in SYW (already started)
I wanna finish this durn novel (attacking the middle passages this weekend)
I want my AW friends to meet their writing goals.
I want to finally admit that I'm a writer so I can seek help. =)

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread!

For once, I'm going to try my hand at being ridiculously optimistic. So, here it goes.

This year I'd like to and:

I *will* get something published with a byline. Focusing on short stories and flash fiction, I will write a little every day until I accomplish this @#$@# feat. I don't care if this written bit of byline glory ony appears in Underwater Basketweaver Monthly and is read by a grand total of 3 people (2 of whom consider it to be utter crap). I'm going to do it. So there.

I *will* survive this last pregnancy and bid a fond farewell to the childbearing years as I welcome baby #4 (don't blame me, hubby is in charge of the naming and has yet to give me anything else to use). All of which I will try to do with whatever measure of grace I can muster. Then, I will successfully manage a household of four crazy children, one crazy husband, and two crazy dogs without letting the place devolve into laundry piles and stacks of clutter here there and everywhere.

I *will* relax, slow down long enough some days to actually enjoy parenting, and try to take some pride in what I have accomplished rather than routinely kicking my own ass for not doing some intangible thing I think I ought to have done by now.

I *will* drop all of the baby weight. Every last bit of it including the baby weight that has been lingering since a couple of pregnancies past (the baby weight, in other words, that is really just fat I haven't done anything about yet). I will once again wear things with "S" on the tag and banish everything from my wardrobe that references "maternity" or "in due time" or peas in pods.

I *will* clean up our budget and get the family meal planning back under control. The wallet will grow, wasteline will shrink and all will be right with the world. Why? Because I said so.

I've actually made some progress. I've cleared out, cleaned out, and organized all the closests, desks, drawers, rooms, and filing cabinets. Not only that, but we've also managed to get to the kid's various kits, projects, and gadgets. My eldest is thrilled to have us working with him on his micro-controller. Finally! Only took several months!

Now, to sustain the momentum. :scared:

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so damned shocked that I've lived past a certain age that anything from here on out is a bonus. Even little things make me happy these days. Hell, just waking up this morning with a hard on hunger for breakfast was enough cause for much celebration.

I just hope it lasts another year...

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Hhhmmm, let's see...just a sample:

- Get my weekly mileage (running) back up to 20+...

- Land an agent :)

- Rescue many more dogs & horses (via sponsorship) :hooray:
- Meet new and interesting people (including Karl Urban and Legolas--surely he exists) ;)

- Buy a Kimber

- Stop and smell the roses! :D

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
aadams has promised to share cake with me when she perfects the recipe

I have written proof! :)

'Tis true, I cannot tell a lie...unless someone pays me big money to do so.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I cannot tell a lie. I forget what thread I'm in.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I would like aadams to perfect her chocolate cake recipe

I would like to edit a book to finishment and get it to betas

I would like to employ the things my betas feel need to be employed

I would like to have a book in good enough shape to send out to query agents

I would like to find an agent

I would like that agent to find me a publisher

I would like to find an excuse to use the word finishment.  Also kitchiri katchiri, just because it's fun to say.

Last edited:

Pyrohawk

Aspiring author
Registered
Reaction score
Columbus OH...grew up on a farm in Greenfield OH.
Hmmm my goals? I have several....

1. Finish a novel....not work on one and get bored or throw it out or get distracted or be my usual lazy self. But find some real self discipline/motivation. I really wish I had an editor to tell me when something has to be done by...I work best under deadlines, always have. But since I of course don't have one.... I will find self motivation and finish a novel.

2. Be healthier..... this means two things. I intend to lose the 50 pounds I gained when I came to college a couple years ago. And I will quit smoking. For the record I rolled my own eyes at that last one, is that a good sign? Bleh.... I have 0 desire to quit smoking, I enjoy it and accept the risks... However I fear that in 10 years I may want to and not be able to. Also, I have been having trouble keeping up in Karate sparring....I just have no lung capacity. So I have decided I want to do the first one and I need to do the second one.

3. I will get better grades.... I was such an excellent high school student, graduate with honors, National Honor Society, 3.89 cumulative GPA, 14 in my class, the works. But now I am a Junior in college and my cumulative GPA is 2.0, I have failed many classes, and I don't even try. Its time to buckle down and be serious if I want to graduate on time and get that stupid piece of paper so I can get a job....I havn't learned anything, I just need the paper.