• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for contemporary YA romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annmarie09

Live. Love. Laugh.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new to this, so I'm not completely sure how it works, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading through my YA novel 'Cold Water'. Yes, it's really long at 100,000 words, but you don't have to read the whole thing. Feel free to request to read just the first 3 chapters, if you like. Anything goes really.

No horror, no gore, no drugs, no sex, no bad language - just some angst and a few bad jokes =D

Here is a short summary of the book:

Girl meets boy. Girl hates boy. But boy and girl eventually fall in love and live happily ever after. Except there's a twist to this story. No. 1: Girl is depressed, cynical, sarcastic and has just run away from home. No 2: Boy is a moron. A cute moron, but still naive and annoyingly cheerful nonetheless. When boy finds girl, brings her back to his house, and ropes her into staying with him for the summer holidays, chaos and broken plates are sure to ensue. But from the shattered porcelain, can something else blossom as well?

Thank you to anyone who may be interested :)

Lilwritermonkey

Registered
Reaction score
Im interested...this is my preferred genre as far as reading goes... :) Dont know how this works, i guess you pm me? lol

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
Hi Annmarie :)

I like your little blurb about your book and I love contemporary YA.

I'll have a look at it if you're still needing BETA's. PM me and we can work out the specifics of what you're after.

Naomi

SarahMacManus

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to do a swap if you're willing - I have something similar brewing.

PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.