Status
Not open for further replies.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
This is the first time in a long while I have written a short story. (I'm normally a novel girl.)

I'd like to share this with someone who's been writing short stories for a while to get an opinion or swap for an edit?

I'd post it for advice but I did want to see this one in print.

Story: Agent meets an assistant editor and learns the real truth about what goes on in a publishing house.

Anyone want to swap?​

rowriter

Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlcdawriter.blogspot.com
Hi Button,

Have you received any private responses yet? If not, I'd be happy to swap with you; I've got a story that I'm trying to get ready for submission that needs some tweaking (I think I'm finally getting towards the ending I want, a combination of the first draft ending and a ....5th draft ending, lol). So it would be a few days before I could send it to you, but you could send me yours now.

I've written quite a few short stories, but not in the last couple of years and not any that I'd call wildly great. I'm working on a novel-length work right now, and at the same time trying to fix up some of these old stories that have been sitting on the backburner not going anywhere.

Let me know if you're still interested! My short story is about a woman who attends her high school reunion, something she never planned on doing. She only goes because she gets the wrong name tag in the mail and she's sure no one will recognize her.

Rowriter

rowriter

Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlcdawriter.blogspot.com
Just in case my email got lost in your email box...I sent you your crit about two weeks ago. Ah, I didn't want a crit for mine anyway, really, I mean it..that's why I answered this thread....*sigh* But it was good spending the time to do yours.

:Shrug:

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
ButtonTheCat said:

Story: Agent meets an assistant editor and learns the real truth about what goes on in a publishing house.

Not wanting to pee on your fireworks or anything, but I must have read 150 variations of that story already...

Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.