Things I like about New Years Eve

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
1. Guilt-free pretzels
2. Drinking more soda than I normally would just t keep me awake til midnight.
3. Waking up past noon to aid the stay up.

What's your favourite thing?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This year, my favorite thing is skipping the parties! :)

I was supposed to make rounds to several, but I woke up this morning and decided to rebel. It's cold, damn it. I'm staying in. I really am. A few friends don't believe me, but if they show up at my door, they'll find me in my pajamas.

Yep. A night all to myself. It's been lovely so far. :D

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Quietly sitting by the campfire in the backyard waiting for October's pumpkin to blow up, melt or do something. It's a tradition hubby and I started a couple of years ago. Place the pumpkin on the fire and wait and wait and wait....

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I love the fireworks :) Someday I have to go somewhere that does a massive display.

I love seeing the countdowns from all over the world, too.

I enjoy a good party, but I find nothing extraordinary about parties on New Year's except that it's a more dangerous night to be on the roads. So in my older years, I party other nights :)

JMBlackman

I’m trying.
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite thing (now) about New Year's Eve is huddling in my fiance's coat, freezing, while fireworks go off above. And mistiming the New Year's kiss. Twice.

Reaction score
I've never done anything special for New Year's Eve. Except for that one time when I was around eighteen I went to a bowling alley with a friend and drank JD.

Aside from that, I stop in every year. On my own.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I guess I'm in the minority in that I just don't care any more. It's a manmade construct, this new year thing, and the passage of time continues unabated with nary a pause, just as the Earth continues to hurtle through space uncaring and unsympathetic to our plight.

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
But the New Year is the start of a new life - people say that 'well, this holiday will always be hear next year' but this was the last 'this holiday of 2009'; make it stand out from the rest. Well, that's my thoughts on the matter...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fighting to stay awake until Midnight - It's become a personal challenge, ya know? :)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
The whole idea of New Year's Eve is to stay up past midnight. For some nighthawks, this isn't a feat so you treat yourself along the way - something you wouldn't normally have the rest of the year. For me, that's pretzels.