building my resume to sell the novels

RustyVanReeves

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rustyreeves.com
I'm working on building up writing credits so my query letter for my novel will be taken more seriously.

After many submissions and almost daily rejections I am pleased to announce that my essay entitled Tuesday's Gone, will be published in the Dead Mule School of Southern Literature (September 2005).

www.deadmule.com

Best,
Rusty

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RustyVanReeves said:
I'm working on building up writing credits so my query letter for my novel will be taken more seriously.

After many submissions and almost daily rejections I am pleased to announce that my essay entitled Tuesday's Gone, will be published in the Dead Mule School of Southern Literature (September 2005).

www.deadmule.com

Best,
Rusty

Delighted for you, Rusty. Congratulations.

For my own curiosity, and excuse my naivete, does anyone know if these web-site insertions or web-based competition wins, say, qualify as credits? Are they worth mentioning in a Query letter?
I ask because I have been fortunate enough to score a couple and without them my writing or publishing credits in my Query letter are zippo.

RustyVanReeves

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rustyreeves.com
Bufty said:
Delighted for you, Rusty. Congratulations.

Are they worth mentioning in a Query letter?
I ask because I have been fortunate enough to score a couple and without them my writing or publishing credits in my Query letter are zippo.

Yes! :Sun: