Researching Crown Courts

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to research The Crown Court security without attracting the attention of the UK Security services?:D

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
You might just walk into a court and say to a security person, "Hi, I'm a novelist, and I would like to get some information about security in your courts. Can you help me?" The initial reaction probably will be confusion, but you probably will be referred to a higher-up. I don't know what the final result will be, but most people love to talk about what they do.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
You might just walk into a court and say to a security person, "Hi, I'm a novelist, and I would like to get some information about security in your courts. Can you help me?" The initial reaction probably will be confusion, but you probably will be referred to a higher-up. I don't know what the final result will be, but most people love to talk about what they do.

This

My local police station have got used to me ringing with odd questions ( not always writing related, but I say they are lol), but I think they quite enjoy the change from rounding up drunken hoodies.

There's also this about witness security.

The HMCS ( court services) might be able to help

You might also research Woolwich Crown Court which is a High Security court

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Ta!

It's Newcastle's Crown Court I'm using (very handy living in Stirling!) I'll see if I can pluck up the courage when I visit in a few weeks!

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Ta!

It's Newcastle's Crown Court I'm using (very handy living in Stirling!) I'll see if I can pluck up the courage when I visit in a few weeks!

It shouldn't require courage. They aren't planning to execute you, are they?

RobinGBrown

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dogstarphotography.com
It's the GC: either a Guilty Conscience or a Genuine Cause

Also, security services in the UK, while valiantly following after their American counterparts, are not nearly as wacky.

Last edited: