Ashland, NC?

quixote100104

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings :),

Anybody out there live in/near Ashland NC, familiar with that area or know anyone who does/is?

Some good freinds of mine are considering moving there and I'm considering going with them. Local intelligence would be very useful.

Thanks and Happy New Year :)!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The City-Data forum is better for questions such as this. You'd get a variety of replies; both the positive and the negative.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
There's a city data forum? And here I thought I'd explored everything lol.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Hold on a sec. I think my girlfriend is from either Ashland, or some place close. I'll ask her and get back to you.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
It's not very far from where I live, but I'd never heard of it. Apparently it's tiny :) I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but teeny rural towns do need to be noted as such ;)

The bigger cities it's not very very far from are all pretty cool, btw. If she's into very rural or rural then big city on the weekend, I can vouch for the more urban parts :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, the girl never heard of it. She lives like an hour and a half west of Ashland, but had to look it up on Google Maps. Sorry.

quixote100104

Registered
Reaction score
The City-Data forum is better for questions such as this. You'd get a variety of replies; both the positive and the negative.
That's a mighty interesting resource. Thanks :).

And it's actually Asheville, NC. Sorry...garbled comms.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, in that case . . . Asheville is famous for being the home of Biltmore Estates, a gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains, and the hometown of Thomas Wolfe, along other things. It's a little touristy at times, but a fairly attractive small city.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! Asheville rocks :) I love the mountains, and Asheville is definitely the city I would choose. They are cooler than we are in the summer, too, which would be lovely. The heat is my biggest complaint about NC.