Dear Editor/Publisher, The real reason I have not submitted is....

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
As a series acquisitions editor I actually heard some great excuses from authors missing deadlines. They say confession is good for the soul, but they also say that truth is stranger than fiction. Go ahead and confess why you aren't working on your writing.

Dear Editor/ Publisher,
I acknowledge that I am late in submitting the chapter or manuscript that I promised. The real reason is, and I'm sure you will understand....

My carpets needed cleaning.

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Editor:

Nora told me you wanted more. If so, then why didn't you just ask me?

Yours doubly,

J.D. Robb

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Editor,

I was on my way to the post office when a strange light from above killed the motor of my car. Upon getting out to examine under the hood, the light then beamed me up into a strange craft where for a week, I was subjected to various test by alien women. At least I think they were women, they did have nicely formed breast. Anyway, when they were through experimenting on me, I heard one say..."If this is the best they have, there is no need to save this planet from the impending asteroid strike."

So as you can see, I have doomed us earthlings to destruction and no longer see the need to send the work as requested. Sorry about that...

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
Dear Editor;
I moonlight as a driver for thotguard51. Well, I did until 01-15-10. I can get that manuscript to you right after I get it back from the car that the aliens impounded. I hope you don't mind green goo.
Regards
Slimedagain.

writeronfire

Like my boots?
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Edita,

Az sune az I ken git sumone to spelchek thiz storree, I wil sende itt inn.

You'res trullee,
Writa

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Editor
My partner just told me its Valentine's Weekend. I understand you require the work for Monday morning however rather than risk death by chocolate, I have postponed the requested work until later in the week.

A Writer.

(Actually used excuse)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Dear Editor
My partner just told me its Valentine's Weekend. I understand you require the work for Monday morning however rather than risk death by chocolate, I have postponed the requested work until later in the week.

A Writer.

(Actually used excuse)
And of course the answer was....
:ROFL:

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
Dear Editor;
This darn little black ankle monitor won't let me go to the post office to mail you my completed, proofed, edited and yes, revised manuscript.
But the good news, my brother the explosive device expert is back from Boom school and he is working feverishly on it.
Yours truly,
Author1